As with its full length counterpart, the denim short is a style essential because it can broadcast a classic, preppy look just as effectively as it can compliment an outfit that’s fierce and punk-rock inspired. Arriving in must-have renditions like floral, neon, and tie-dye, you can delve into trend-chasing with the knowledge that they won’t go out of style anytime soon. Even novelty denim has more longevity than other fabrics, so with that in mind, here are 12 selects from our personal wishlist.
1. Christopher Kane Neon stretch-denim cut-off shorts ($290) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
2. Topshop MOTO coral dip-dyed hotpants ($68) – buy it at Topshop.
3. Madewell indigo ink sweatshorts ($38) – buy it at Madewell.
4. Mih Jeans London Boy low-rise denim shorts ($175) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
5. Mother Denim white cuffed short ($160) – buy it at Far Fetch.
6. Blank Denim Semi Fit Shorts with Raw Hem ($68) – buy it at Shopbop.
7. CURRENT/ELLIOTT The Boyfriend printed low-rise denim shorts ($170) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
8. Delia’s Taylor 2 1/2″ Color Denim Short in neon yellow ($34) – buy it at Delia’s.
9. Siwy Denim Alia Ombre Shorts ($162) – buy it at Revolve Clothing.
10. Blank Denim Studded Paint stripe shorts ($80) – buy it at Shopbop.
11. Tribal high-waisted denim short ($57) – buy it at Miss Selfridge.
12. 7 For All Mankind Charlie Cut-Off Shorts ($169) – buy it at Revolve Clothing.
Got a favorite pair of denim shorts you want to recommend? Let us know in the comments or on facebook!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: colored denim, Current/Elliott, denim shopping guide, denim shorts, floral denim, high-waisted, Jean Shorts, MiH Jeans, neon denim, neon shorts, Siwy, spring 2012, what to buy, where to buy