Hollywood is experiencing a baby boom. We can’t name all the celebrity moms right now, because there are just too many this year! We did, however, pick out several stylish moms from the past year to present, for their daring denim looks that ranged from barely pregnant to “ready to pop.” Who rocked their celebrity mom look the best? Plus, we’ve provided pointers on how to extend the wear of your jeans from baby bump to the last weeks of pregnancy.
MATERNITY JEANS, FOUR STYLES
1. If you’re still in love with skinny jeans like veteran mom Victoria Beckham, then you won’t have to miss out: this stretchy maternity version with full-belly support keeps your denim in place. A blazer with fitted sleeves adds a slimming and polished touch. AG Jeans Secret Fit Belly™ skinny jeans ($165) – buy it at Destination Maternity.
2. A low rise jean with a belly band provides comfort and support, which you’ll need for the latter months. Paired with a fluid boxy tee, and you’ll be supermodel chic like Gisele in an instant! True Religion ‘Billy’ maternity straight leg jeans ($248) – buy it at Sierra Lane Maternity.
3. Baby it’s hot outside! First time moms-to-be Kimberly Stewart and Natalie Portman stay cool and breezy in their denim shorts. All you need is a tank top and a sheer Winter Kate cover up for that festival chic look. Joe’s Jeans Secret Fit Belly™ 5 pocket maternity shorts ($125) – buy it at Destination Maternity.
4. Jessica Alba and Kate Hudson like their wide leg jeans, and you will, too, with discreet side elastic panels. No matter what top you wear with your jeans, make sure it’s extra long to allow for optimum belly coverage. J Brand ‘The Love Story Maternity’ bell bottom ($195) – buy it at J Brand Jeans.
Still having a hard time finding the right pair of maternity jeans? For many women, it is still possible to wear regular jeans—particularly very low rise jeans—through the second trimester, as long as they’re still comfortable. After that, consider the Maternity Service by Denim Therapy ($60): turn your jeans into the perfect maternity jeans!
It’s a round-trip package: once the baby is born, Denim Therapy can turn your jeans back to the way they were. Learn more about the Denim Therapy Maternity Service.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: celebrity fashion, celebrity mothers, custom jeans, Gisele Bundchen, jeans therapy, Jessica Alba, kate hudson, Kimberly Stewart, maternity jeans, maternity style, mom jeans, Natalie Portman, pregnant, Victoria Beckham
Pregnant super-star actress Natalie Portman has been out and about recently sporting maternity denim (an alteration service we offer, in case you’ve got a baby bump of your own) and naturally cameras flashes have been illuminating her every step. The paparazzi might be after her because she’s Natalie, but we’re in love with her minimalist approach to cute maternity-wear. We break down two of her recent looks below.
1. mama·licious Tex Denim Tunic Top ($62) – buy it at Asos.
2. Anthropologie Confetti Strand Wooden Beaded Necklace ($39) – buy it at Anthropologie.
3. The Limited Skinny Cargo Pant (on sale $19.99, was $69.90!) – buy it at The Limited.
4. Lucky Brand “Marlee” Rain Boots ($74.25) – buyt it at Dillard’s.
5. Banana Republic “Deborah” Sunglasses ($98) – buy it at Banana Republic.
Here’s the look in action—Natalie looks stellar with loose hair, sunglasses, a bohemian beaded necklace and this super-comfortable denim maternity shirt, cuffed at the sleeve. We switched out the boots for something a little more fashion forward, but even her’s are pretty chic.
In the next outfit, a super-minimal look becomes super-adorable via less-is-more theory. Check out how you can adopt this comfy ensemble.
1. Motherhood Long Sleeve Crew Neck Maternity T Shirt (on sale $10) – buy it at Motherhood.
2. Paige Denim Jimmy Jimmy Maternity Boyfriend Jeans ($195) – buy it at Shopbop.
3. Dooney & Bourke Handbag, Quilted Spicy Shopper ($198) – buy it at Macy’s.
4. Bernardo Tie multi-strap leather sandals ($195) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
5. Tom Ford Eyewear Callae Sunglasses ($360) – buy it at Saks Fifth Avenue
And here’s the second look in action! Natalie’s top has a cute button-neckline detail and single pocket, which adds interest (but isn’t necessary to achieve the look). During this stroll, Natalie was holding up her purse to defend her baby-to-be from too much camera action. If you plan to do the same (assuming paparazzi follow you!), you’d better make that purse a big one!
Don’t forget to check out our maternity denim alteration service, where we open up the side seam and place an elastic triangular insert into your jeans so you can keep wearing them during your pregnancy. Once your term is over, you can send them back to have them turned back to normal!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Celebrity, denim top, how to wear, Lucky Brand, maternity denim, Natalie Portman, Paige Denim, Paige Premium Denim, pregnant, styling tips
If you’ve read much about the upcoming movie, “Black Swan” starring Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman, then you know it’s going to be a draw for all the fans who follow these two girls’ every style move. Yes, there’s the psychological thriller aspect mixed in with some lesbian sex action, but we want to see all the gorgeous ballerina costumes designed by Rodarte and watch Mila and Natalie duel it out as ballerinas, right?
But, digress not. Out today, Mila Kunis is the cover girl in the January 2011 issue of Nylon Magazine. Hot! Read Nylon’s interview with Mila about her Black Swan role: “It was the most intense training I’ve ever had in my life, and probably will have for anything”; and her thoughts on working with Justin Timberlake in “Friends with Benefits“: “When we were filming on the street in New York it was pure and utter insanity”; and see some denim looks we can look forward to when things warm up just a tad. Or not.
Photo Credit: NYLON Magazine / Melodie McDaniel
Top, Armani Exchange.
Jacket, Elizabeth and James.
GET THE LOOK
1. Leopard Waterfall Faux Fur Coat ($129.30) – buy it at ASOS.
2. POLECI Mesh Trimmed Jersey Tank (Sale: $36) – buy it at THE OUTNET.
3. SIWY Camilla cut off shorts in Jet (Sale: $91.20) – buy it at Saks Fifth Avenue.
– Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: denim shorts, Mila Kunis, Movies, Natalie Portman