Missed out on anything this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. A/W 2011 Menswear: Balmain Homme—One menswear collection (or wardrobe as designer Christophe Decarnin prefers to call it) that we could not go without making a big fuss out of is without a doubt Balmain Homme… Keep Reading! ?
2. Denim Insider: Twelve Years of Frankie B. Jeans—In February, Frankie B. Jeans will mark its 12th year anniversary, and we thought it would be fitting to talk to Daniella Clarke, the founder who started out DIYing her own jeans as a teenager by ripping out the waistbands… Keep Reading! ?
3. Who Wears Short Shorts? Natalia Vodianova!—We’re obsessed with the eerie mood of this denim-hued ’70s/circus inspired editorial featuring Russian beauty Natalia Vodianova, shot by by Paolo Roversi… Keep Reading! ?
4. AW 2011 Menswear Round Up Part 1—Color, colore, couleur! From Milan to Paris, the Autumn-Winter 2011 Menswear shows were vibrant, bursting with color, both hot and muted, perhaps in an attempt by haute couture designers to break out of the usual winter black and grays… Keep Reading! ?
5. Nowhere Denim, Nowhere League—We’re obviously obsessed with anything reminiscent of 90s grunge, so it’s no wonder why we love this editorial from the latest issue of Sportswear International. Shot by Jimmy Fontaine and styled by Karen Levill, this moody adventure sets these Dr. Marten-wearing young things in the middle of nowhere parading around in the apathy of their youth… Keep Reading! ?
6. Fergie in Black Orchid Ankle Buckle Skinny Jeans—Fergie was spotted in Los Angeles wearing Black Orchid’s “Black Jewel Ankle Buckle” skinny jeans in Fog wash. Joined by husband Josh Duhamel (we love the matching black leather jackets, love birds!)… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Balmain Homme, best denim blogs, best denim posts, black orchid, denim editorial, Fergie, Natalia Vodianova
We’re obsessed with the eerie mood of this denim-hued ’70s/circus inspired editorial featuring Russian beauty Natalia Vodianova, shot by by Paolo Roversi. The under-the-big-top color scheme and repeated use of stripes is a playful contrast to her somber expression. She makes candy red-and-white striped pants look chic and a pirate logo appropriate for someone over the age fourteen. Imagine that! Delicious denim is all over the place in this shoot. We’ll leave it to you to pick your preferred eye candy.
See the full editorial here.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: circus, denim shorts, denim vest, Diesel, haute tension, mutli-color, Natalia Vodianova, Paolo Roversi, stripes
As the holidays fly by us, it’s about this time when we start day dreaming of the warmer weather that Spring and Summer brings. And though in fashion time we’re already technically heading into pre-Fall, we’re pretty sure you’re ready to throw on your denim shorts just about now and not even think about that for the time being. So, to keep your day dreams nice, warm, and focused here’s the latest from Brazilian brand, Forum.
For its Spring Summer 2011 campaign the brand enlists models Natalia Vodianova and Marlon Texeira for a steamy session on the beach. Dressed in head-to-toe denim looks the two roll around on the warm sand in these classic black and white images captured by photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott that truly embody the essence of Summer: sensual, seductive, and effortless. So, take a lesson from Forum, and get ready to snip those jeans into short-shorts and to cut off the sleeves off of your denim jackets and take them to the beach. Of course, you might want to wait a few more months, so for now just enjoy Forum’s perfect Spring Summer fantasy and imagine you’re right there in it!
images from Forum
For more images of the campaign go here, and for more about Forum check out their website.
— Sandoval Gomez
Tags: Forum Spring Summer 2011, Marcus Piggott, Marlon Texeira, Mert Alas, Natalia Vodianova