Didn’t get the goods on Cyber Monday? No worries. Nasty Gal still has a killer sale on already-marked down jeans, including printed denim, colored denim, and (yes) neon denim. Check out there chic skinny styles you can rock right into the new year and prepare to make a statement in one of these eye-catching options.
The thing that sets the most stylish people apart from the rest is not that they have access to some exclusive, unique source of clothing no one else does. It’s that they take the same products everyone else buys and they make it their own. With jeans, this is especially versatile, from distressing to cuffing and beyond.
Below are a few ways you can make your jeans your own this fall.
1. DIY distress your jeans. Grab a pair of scissors, some sand paper, and go to town on your favorite jeans to create a look that’s vintage and chic. Check out our post on distressing denim for more ideas.
2. Mix and match denim with your favorite statement accessories, like killer shoes or a bold metallic clutch. Hint: Done correctly, this makes a pair of jeans acceptable in the night life realm.
3. Cuff them up. Whether you prefer a wide thick cuff or a skinny rolled cuff, when you adjust hemlines, the game changes. The a-symmetrical cuffing job above is a tomboyish statement we love (especially when worn with heels). Check out our video on three ways to cuff jeans, below.
Don’t get us wrong, color blocking and high contrast are both excellent ways to make an outfit pop—but sometimes going the understated route can make the biggest impact. Monochromatic styling requires a bit of bravery (done incorrectly, it could get costume-y), as well as like-hued items to mix and match. If you’re into this look, check our tips below on pulling it off with your favorite jeans this fall—and check out Nasty Gal’s newest lookbook for more ideas.
1. Colored jeans are a shoe-in for this style! After all, you’re more likely to find a top to go with your over-dyed lilac denim than your destroyed dark wash skinnies.
2. Mix textures and variations on your chosen color to keep from looking like a children’s book character. A solid top with acid wash jeans or a printed top with smooth, non-distressed flares will keep you looking chic.
3. Stick with neutral hues to start if you’re unsure: a heather grey is a perfect launch point!
Nasty Gal’s June lookbook reminds us: there are a few elements of contemporary fashion that, while “on trend” for a few years now, are not going anywhere soon. The American flag-emblazoned denim jacket is one such trend. Wearing stars and stripes has always been super cool, and they continue the tradition as the weather gets warmer with their badass Americana Denim Jacket. Check out the full lookbook below!
Making a stylish statement and keeping it totally rock’n'roll is Nasty Gal‘s specialty, and one of their latest must-have pieces is an acid wash little denim dress. Coined the “Acid Dream Dress“, this nasty little number has a corseted top and a cross-strap back, in the perfect late 80s acid wash texture. Rock this under a tailored blazer or a leather jacket, with anything from beach sandals to killer heels. Pile on the jewelry and let down your hair for an outfit no one will forget anytime soon.
The Jeffrey Campbell Lita in denim is back in stock at Nasty Gal! If you didn’t have a chance to grab a pair of these last summer, they’re still a must-have almost 365 days later. They’re $162, 5.25″ high with a beautiful chunky wooden heel. Imagine these with an off-white crocheted dress! We’re sold. Grab your pair here!
Whenever there’s a chance to double denim there’s no better way to tackle that look than with a chic chambray. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite chambrays that will compliment your spring neons, colored denim and any other fashion favorite for this season. Do you dare to double denim? What’s your favorite way to wear chambray?
Yes, we’re obsessed with Nasty Gal. Now hush up and look at this irresistible spectrum of destroyed-to-perfection denim cut-off shorts that are calling your name for a summer run. Style them with a loose rocker t-shirt, a prim and proper button-up, or a blazer for a great summer look that’ll keep you cool and hot at the saaame time. All of these picks are under $100, so you won’t feel guilty after you make them your own.
Spring’s here, so naturally we’re already obsessed with the idea of summer (and the overload of pastels, neons, and acid wash we’ll be rocking once it formally arrives). Here are 6 selects from Nasty Gal that we’re looking forward to adding-to-cart/adding-to-closet. The best part? All of them are under $100.