Hey trend-setter! We know what you don’t want to wear this year: the same old thing. While our go-to favorite jeans will always hold a special place in our hearts, there comes a time to try on something new and exciting, whether that’s a new fit or some audacious sequined letters. Seriously. We’re crushing hard on these three unique pairs of jeans right now. They stand out from the crowd without being too over the top. Red lips, anyone?
Beach season has finally arrived, and we’re not wasting any time packing up our boho bags full of sun and sand essentials. But once the SPF and your portable iPod speakers are packed and ready to go, what about an awesome beach-ready outfit? Like many New Yorkers, we take the A train down to the Rockaways for our sea side fun, so it’s crucial to wear more than just a bikini! Here are 3 summer denim looks to wear to the beach (without looking like an exhibitionist on the train).
Few things seem to excite style mavens more than vintage Chanel, but when this vintage denim Chanel makeup bag hit Nasty Gal, it was an intense moment for all of us. Many of us clicked frantically to check our savings account balances, and debated whether this morsel was worth dropping $558 on. In the end, someone thought so, cause it’s since sold out. But we just couldn’t bring ourselves to do it.
…But seriously, how sweet would it be to pull out this baby in the ladies room when you’re powdering your nose?!
Didn’t get the goods on Cyber Monday? No worries. Nasty Gal still has a killer sale on already-marked down jeans, including printed denim, colored denim, and (yes) neon denim. Check out there chic skinny styles you can rock right into the new year and prepare to make a statement in one of these eye-catching options.
The thing that sets the most stylish people apart from the rest is not that they have access to some exclusive, unique source of clothing no one else does. It’s that they take the same products everyone else buys and they make it their own. With jeans, this is especially versatile, from distressing to cuffing and beyond.
Below are a few ways you can make your jeans your own this fall.
1. DIY distress your jeans. Grab a pair of scissors, some sand paper, and go to town on your favorite jeans to create a look that’s vintage and chic. Check out our post on distressing denim for more ideas.
2. Mix and match denim with your favorite statement accessories, like killer shoes or a bold metallic clutch. Hint: Done correctly, this makes a pair of jeans acceptable in the night life realm.
3. Cuff them up. Whether you prefer a wide thick cuff or a skinny rolled cuff, when you adjust hemlines, the game changes. The a-symmetrical cuffing job above is a tomboyish statement we love (especially when worn with heels). Check out our video on three ways to cuff jeans, below.
Don’t get us wrong, color blocking and high contrast are both excellent ways to make an outfit pop—but sometimes going the understated route can make the biggest impact. Monochromatic styling requires a bit of bravery (done incorrectly, it could get costume-y), as well as like-hued items to mix and match. If you’re into this look, check our tips below on pulling it off with your favorite jeans this fall—and check out Nasty Gal’s newest lookbook for more ideas.
1. Colored jeans are a shoe-in for this style! After all, you’re more likely to find a top to go with your over-dyed lilac denim than your destroyed dark wash skinnies.
2. Mix textures and variations on your chosen color to keep from looking like a children’s book character. A solid top with acid wash jeans or a printed top with smooth, non-distressed flares will keep you looking chic.
3. Stick with neutral hues to start if you’re unsure: a heather grey is a perfect launch point!
Nasty Gal’s June lookbook reminds us: there are a few elements of contemporary fashion that, while “on trend” for a few years now, are not going anywhere soon. The American flag-emblazoned denim jacket is one such trend. Wearing stars and stripes has always been super cool, and they continue the tradition as the weather gets warmer with their badass Americana Denim Jacket. Check out the full lookbook below!
Making a stylish statement and keeping it totally rock’n'roll is Nasty Gal‘s specialty, and one of their latest must-have pieces is an acid wash little denim dress. Coined the “Acid Dream Dress“, this nasty little number has a corseted top and a cross-strap back, in the perfect late 80s acid wash texture. Rock this under a tailored blazer or a leather jacket, with anything from beach sandals to killer heels. Pile on the jewelry and let down your hair for an outfit no one will forget anytime soon.
The Jeffrey Campbell Lita in denim is back in stock at Nasty Gal! If you didn’t have a chance to grab a pair of these last summer, they’re still a must-have almost 365 days later. They’re $162, 5.25″ high with a beautiful chunky wooden heel. Imagine these with an off-white crocheted dress! We’re sold. Grab your pair here!