Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Yesterday, we mentioned Diesel‘s F/W 2012 women’s collection, but here are some showroom pics of the men’s line!
2. John John makes denim for kids now–and their new lookbook is sooo playful and adorable!
3. The Chinese Laundry Fashion Denim launch party was held in L.A. earlier this week, and people are talking about Shenae Grimes’s crop top and denim jacket ensemble. What do you think?
4. Eat, Sleep, Denim has some great tips for washing your denim (including a recommendation made by Denim Therapy!)
5. Going to a music festival this summer? Then you must check out Cambrio’s DIY for making your own pair of funky festival shorts.
Tags: Children's denim, denim DIY, Diesel jeans, john john denim, menswear, music festival style, tips for denim care
If you’re a music lover in the NYC area, hopefully you got the chance to attend the first ever Governor’s Ball, which went down at Governor’s Island on June 18th. The all-day dance party took place under clear skies, but non-stop motion and exciting fashion raised the temp by the hour. Festival goers had one thing in mind aside from being photographed in their element—and that’s comfort. It’s no secret that denim’s durability and easy-to-wear reputation played a part in becoming the style choice of the day, aside from denim’s close connection to music. The stylish crowd and performers alike sported colored denim cut-off shorts, skinny jeans, denim jackets, high-waisted shorts… summer basics we can all agree on. The presence of denim was alive and well.
Tags: cut off shorts, denim cut-offs, denim jackets, festival dressing, Governor's Ball, Governor's Island, high-waisted shorts, jean jackets, music festival, music festival style, NYC music, skinny jeans, summer fashion
Kate Bosworth graces the cover of Nylon Magazine’s March 2011 issue, lavished in various fashion caviar: an Isabel Marant sweater and pink denim shorts ensemble (the cover look), Chanel shoes, Fendi skirt, Missoni wrap, Moschino Cheap & Chic sweater—need we go on? The mag goes for the “music festival” vibe (think Coachella), which we think works for this part-time tomboy, part-time Red Carpet glamour queen.
See the full interview and editorial at Nylon Magazine.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Celebrity, denim shorts, Isabel Marant, Kate Bosworth, music festival style, nylon magazine, pink denim, spring fashion