Just because its fall doesn’t mean you have to throw color completely out the window! In fact, this season is all about color but with a big twist. Besides, with so many colored denim selections out there, how could you not get yourself into some bright hues? Okay, so we know you’ve heard of pattern clashing, but now its time to get into color clashing! Star by pairing two colors that normally wouldn’t “go” together, echo one of them in an accessory or a non-focal garment to add a bit of cohesion, throw in a third color (make sure to make it bright) for an extra bit of interest and you’re set! Sound complicated? No worries! We’ve put together two looks to give you some outfit inspiration! The key is to not go overboard—stick to one or two brights and throw in some vivid neutrals (not black and white) to keep things colorful.
1. Topshop nutmeg boyfriend blazer ($130) — buy it at Topshop.
2. Ksubi super skinny jeans ($170) — buy it at American Rag.
3. 3.1 Phillip Lim chiffon back tee ($325) — buy it at La Garçconne.
4. L.A.M.B. Evelyn multi-color leather heels ($265) — buy it at Heels.com.
5. Topshop suede ruched clutch ($66) — buy it at Topshop.
1. MTWTFSS Weekday champ sweater in neone ($40) — buy it at Weekday.com.
2. Miss Selfridge green dropback skirt ($56) — buy it at Miss Selfridge.
3. Modekungen denim vest ($100) — buy it at Modekungen.
4. ASOS suede belt ($35) — buy it at ASOS.
5. Ego & Greed Svan Lake two-tone wedge ($115) — buy it at Sole Struck.
Tags: 3.1 Phillip Lim, color clashing, denim styling tips, Ego & Greed, fall 2011 fashion trends, fall 2011 style trends, fall 2011 trends, How to wear it, how to wear unexpected colors, Ksubi, L.A.M.B., Miss Selfridge, Modekungen, MTWTFSS Weekday, styling tips, Topshop, what to wear