Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. We’re psyched about this recent Tenue de Nîmes x Momotaro collaboration – they’re running a super-limited number (17 pairs) of 12oz sulphur jeans from 20-year-old dead stock. In multi-count yarn with irregular thicknesses, the grey fabric symbolizes the early 1900s and will take on fantastic contrast the more the jeans are worn.
2. We’re completely obsessed with this ASOS pussy bow denim workshirt—a super femine take on a classic staple. Imagine this with a breezy pastel skirt for spring!
3. Rag & Bone released new zip leggings with a 6″ inseam zipper. Shown here, black coated “seal” wash. Coming soon to retail!
4. Worth a read: the “Tomboy Style: Beyond the Boundaries of Fashion” Book was released by Rizzoli, showcasing bold boyish style (and attitude). “Tomboys are confident, rebellious, and adventurous. They are bold, brazen, fierce—and sexy.”
5. NYC shoppers, heads up! Starting today, A|X Armani Exchange will launch its first-ever A|X PopDown Shop at the Flatiron store at 129 5th Ave (located on the lower level). Up to 40% off ! This is an exclusive women’s only sale 0n dresses, denim, accessories and outerwear. Full deets below:
March 19th – April 20th, 2012Open Monday – Sunday, 9:00am – 9:30pm
Store Hours: 9:00am – 9:30pm
A|X Flatiron Store129 5th Avenue (at 20th St.)Lower Level
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Armani Exchange Sale, denim workshirt, jeggings, Momotaro, pussy bow, rag & bone, Tenue De Nîmes, Tomboy Style: Beyond the Boundaries of Fashion
Praise the heavens, the Gods of Denim have finally arrived!… but they only carry five brands? Denimology reports that three international buddies got together and decided to start up an online denim store—Gods Of Denim. When we first heard the name, the mental picture was something like Greek statuesque ripped dudes in heroic poses holding flags with ever denim brand ever embroidered on them. (Okay, our imaginations are a tad vivid). But they’re not quite there yet. Their initial brand picks are Denham The Jeanmaker, Denim Demon, Jean Shop, Momotaro and Pace Jeans. And while that might keep things simple, we’ll have to wait and see whether this retailer lives up to their name-legacy.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Denham The Jeanmaker, Denim Demon, denim shop online, gods of denim, Jean Shop, Momotaro, new denim online store, new denim retailer, Pace Jeans