Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Rihanna’s previous Armani Jeans ad campaign was hit, and now a couple of new images from her most recent photo shoot for the line have been leaked. They look just as sultry, if a little more sweetly seductive (she’s ditched the fierce blonde hair). You can see larger versions of the campaign shots here.
2. For fall/winter 2012, Missoni combined denim and cashmere to create a pair of luxe–and surely super-comfortable–jeans for men, paired with lush shearling coats and thick sweaters. Sounds cozy and comfortable!
3. Looking to replenish your denim stash sans environmental guilt? The Huffington Post rounded up ten great eco-friendly denim lines to check out.
4. Stussy Japan released the lookbook for their spring 2012 collection, which features traditional American workwear for men with an edge (think neon orange hues and bold pink buttons) and graphic pieces, like this rad pair of constellation-printed denim shorts that we love.
5. Abaca is a breathable, durable fabric native to the Philippines. And guess what? They’re starting to be made into denim fabric.
Tags: abaca, armani jeans campaign, cashmere jeans, eco-friendly jeans, Missoni, rihanna, stussy japan
Missoni, the high-end Italian fashion brand, has been injecting young and fresh ideas year-after-year with fantastic collaborations (Converse Chuck Taylors and Missoni Artek Chair) and now the launch of their less-expensive line, M Missoni.
For M Missoni’s debut S/S 2010 collection, what you will find are eye-popping, candy-colored confections with a fun, sweet and edgy vibe. And, thrown into the mix are denim pieces that every girl will want in her closet. This short denim jumpsuit has my name written all over it!
SHOP M MISSONI
–Nikki Cho Russo
Tags: Artek, Chuck Taylor, Converse, M Missoni, Missoni
With so much rain, sleet, and snow lately, what better way to remedy your cabin fever than to weather the storm and go shopping! There’s plenty of denim that will put a little snap, crackle and plenty of pop into your wardrobe (and spirits).
Alexander Wang Denim w/belt, $170.00
Black denim pants with leather belt detailing and metal hardware. Mad Max for the modern woman.
Alexander Wang @ Aloha Rag
Rock & Republic Crazy Low-Rise Malevolent Jeans, $248.00
Gorgeous edgy jeans in a metallic black/silver wash for the fashionable rocker chick.
Rock & Republic @ Bergdorf Goodman
Marc by Marc Jacobs Diamond Denim Dress, $298.00
This fabulous tribal print denim dress is a breath of fresh air for any spring wardrobe.
Marc by Marc Jacobs @ Shopbop
MM6 Maison Martin Margiela, $275.00
A sexy denim tube dress easy to slip on and easy to slip off.
MM6 Maison Martin Margiela @ Shopbop
Andy Warhol for Pepe Jeans
Andy Warhol makes Pepe pop with iconic prints.
Just in time for the spring, it’s La Dolce Vita! The Italian powerhouse, Missoni, has gotten Chuck’d and taken for a whirl-wind of a ride in a collaborative love affair with the American All-Star rock ‘n’ roller. Dropping in selected stores in April, Missoni’s iconic pattern graces the Chuck Taylor in two color patterns at $200 a pop! Sizzling!
Jimmy Choo NixenPlatform, $795.00
Rock that 70s style in these platform corked heel sandals. To complete the retro look, add the Martha clutchindenim with jazzy lightening bolt and star print, $1050.00
–Nikki Cho Russo
Tags: Alexander Wang, Andy Warhol, Converse, Jimmy Choo, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Missoni, MM6 Maison Martin Margiela, Pepe Jeans, Rock & Republic