Known for streetwear featuring high contrast logos, crazy artwork on T’s, and saucy yearly calendars featuring Eastern European “models” (a term we use loosely—we leave that up to your research), menswear company Ìèøêà (pronounced “Mishka”, it means “little bear” in Russian) has stepped it up a notch. Their newest holiday look book leans more towards downtown street cred than oversize eyeball screen prints cred… which have not disappeared altogether. They’ve just taken a backseat to sensible fall basics like hooded denim jackets, collegiate sweaters, sexy neon logos on black scarves and tops, and Ìèøêà’s famous selection of jeans. Styled smartly and photographed beautifully from the subways of the city to the graveyards of upstate, this new palette of inspiration for the boys is ready to be ravished.
Click here for the full look book.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: holiday 2010, look book, Mishka, Мишка
All right guys, you’re up! The denim selection for men on the market is even more diverse than the ladies’ picks this season, with designer denim neck-wear, a wide range of pant fits (from nostalgic grunge to flamboyant skinny), patch-work with panels, and simple classic jackets. Check out a few of our favorite looks for the guys.
1. Sometimes classic looks win out over the bells and whistles when it comes to a cool pair of jeans. These Diesel bootcut’s are a versatile and fresh route. DIESEL Zatiny bootcut jeans ($260) – buy it at DIESEL.
2. Who said denim can’t be VIP? A pair of dark jeans, a white collar shirt, and this quirky accessory creates the happy medium between the triad of casual, cool, and red carpet-ready. The price is rather appealing as well. Naked and Famous Denim Bow tie ($25) – buy it at Barneys New York.
3. It’s getting chilly out there—time to ditch the windbreaker and opt for some heavy woven outerwear with a warm collar and an on-point style statement. TOPMAN Navy Borg Collar Denim Jacket ($120) – buy it at TOPMAN.
4. Let’s get a little less serious. Patchwork isn’t just for quilting anymore—this jacket is a bit on the pricey side, but it’s bursting at the seams (many seams) with character. Levi’s for Opening Ceremony Sherpa Jacket ($300) – buy it at Opening Ceremony.
5. A newly released, all-star pair of jeans from the colorful, in-your-face line Mishka NY. You can throw these on with a polo, a blazer, or any of their crazy logo tee’s. Mishka NY Boris Skinny-Leg Denim in Black ($101) – buy it at Mishka NY.
6. Again with the neck-wear (such novelty, we can’t get over it!), this tie is just casual-Friday enough to justify a tiny embroidered Gucci logo. Gucci Denim Blue Micro Check Wool-silk ‘Nieve’ tie ($144) – buy it at BlueFly.
7. Harem and drop-crotch pants have been all the rage for a few seasons–this is the perfect example of a refined, evolved version of the trend. ASOS Unconditional Side Zip Drop Crotch pants ($244) – buy it at ASOS.
8. American Apparel may be more notoriously known for spandex and sex scandals, but once in a while they supply the public with a great wardrobe addition that’s unisex (and therefor can be shared with your girlfriend). American Apparel Denim Jacket ($79) – buy it at American Apparel.
9. Remember the Sailor Moon hero, Tuxedo Mask? If he were a modern-day lady killer with a penchant for awesome slacks, he’d most likely be wearing these. 7 For All Mankind Tuxedo Rhigby pants ($325) – buy it at 7 For All Mankind.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, American Apparel, denim jackets, Gucci, jeans, menswear, Mishka, necktie, patchwork jackets