Smooth denim and nice fit! I also like the pocket shape and clean finishing. The pocket is actually double (an inset pocket with a patch pocket sewn on top, but it’s not bulky). The top stitching in red is a nice touch.
Since spring is around the corner, I’m thinking I’ll be wearing these all the time! To picnics, the beach, the park, around Brooklyn. They’re comfortable, I could wear them pretty much anywhere.
It’s official… the trend of the moment is mint green jeans! After a few sweet street style shots and an official calling-out by trend-tracking Eat Sleep Denim, we can safely say mint green jeans are having a moment. Need help finding the perfect pair? We’ve rounded up our 9 favorite pairs in e-retail right now.
1. Free People The Cropped Colored Skinny Jean in Spearmint ($88) – buy it at Karma Loop.
2. GOLDSIGN Jenny cropped high-rise skinny jeans ($190) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
3. True Religion Halle Skinny Jeans ($325) – buy them at My Theresa.
4. J Brand Skinny Jean in Aqua Marine ($284) – buy it at Far Fetch.
5. The Earnest Sewn Harlan in Cotton Candy ($210) – buy it at The Earnest Sewn.
6. Joe’s Jeans 55 Colors Skinny Jeans in Lily Pad ($158) – buy it at Joe’s Jeans.
7. GUESS Jeans Brittney Skinny Ankle Jeans in Green Pop ($89) – buy it at Bloomingdale’s.
8. AG Adriano Goldschmied Jeans - Cozy Twill Stilt Legging Jeans ($168) – buy it at Bloomingdale’s.
9. Current/Elliott The Beatnik Jeans ($178) – buy it at Shopbop.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 55 colors, Current/Elliott, denim trends, green denim, green jeans, J Brand, Joe's Jeans, mint green, spring 2012, True Religion
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Here’s a shirt the dudes will be wearing in spades this spring! It’s the Heritage Research x Lofgren indigo-dyed cotton “Spade Print Engineer Shirt”. Designed according to the silhouette and details of a 1920s railroad engineer’s uniform.
2. We’re curious to hear what you guys think about J Brand x Christopher Kane’s continued collaboration… We’re waiting to see if this one grows on us.
3. Step aside, leopard print… zebra stripe is in! The GUESS summer 2012 lookbook is out, and it features tons of color and bold accents like this animalistic skinny. Stay tuned.
4. True Religion isn’t one of our favorite denim brands, but for spring 2012 they’re busting out a novelty that we’re excited for: stretch colored cords in great colors, like this banana pudding yellow.
5. Eat Sleep Denim examines the current trend of mint green monochrome outfits among bloggers. We’re partial to the hue ourselves, so we’ll be supporting the spearmint movement.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: green denim, green jeans, GUESS spring 2012, Heritage Research x Lofgren, indigo-dyed cotton "Spade Print Engineer Shirt", j brand x christopher kane, mint green, stretch colored cords, style blogger, True Religion, zebra stripe