Looking for an easy way to give your wardrobe an instant revamp? Get into one of the seasons hottest must-haves: coated denim! Their wax finish gives any look a casual-cool vibe and instantly dresses up any look—totally perfect for fall! Pair them with a thick casual tee, chunky knit cardigan, multi-tone scarf, and a heavy wedge for a relaxed meets edgy look. Feeling tough? Black coated jeans are perfect if leather isn’t your thing. Throw on a cool mesh jacket, rocker tee, biker inspired boots, and a trendy feather earring for something bit more the bohemian grunge side.
1. Topshop knitted cropped shirt ($80) — buy it at Topshop.
2. Bajra ombre wool scarf ($298) — buy it at Intermix.
3. Jessica Simpson wedges ($90) — buy it at Heels.com.
4. J Brand Agnes wax cropped jeans ($140) — buy it at The Outnet.
5. Alexander Wang chunky knit cardigan ($270) — buy it at The Outnet.
1. Mike Gonzalez mesh tunic ($232) — buy it at American Rag.
2. And That pheasant feather and suede earring ($30) — buy it at And That.
3. Rebel Yell PYT rocker tee ($69) — buy it at The Trend Boutique.
4. Levi’s Made & Crafted wax skinny jeans ($175) — buy it at Net-A-Porter.
5. French Connection Joby Heeled Chelsea boot ($315) — buy it at ASOS.
Tags: american rag, And That, ask the denim stylist, ASOS, coated denim, fall 2011 trends, fall looks, fall style, feather earing, French Connection, how to wear coated denim, How to wear it, J Brand Agnes Wax Cropped Jeans, levi's made and crafted, levi's made and crafted wax skinny jeans, Mike Gonzalez, rebel yell, Topshop, waxed denim
We couldn’t be more thrilled to present three incredible denim-infused looks from the Mike Gonzalez spring 2011 collection (which is, in short, a bohemian dream). The line is characteristic in its well-played head wraps, organic bangles, cut-outs, and ethnic prints, but the star of this show is all-blue, baby! We’re beyond obsessed with this round up of braid-rope belted denim jumper, versatile cropped drawstring pants, and stylized denim jacket. This is one example of boho-denim that needn’t even graze the surface of western. If you thought the West was wild, scroll down and think again.
Mike Gonzalez is available at Pink Mascara, Revolve Clothing, Shopbop, Tobi and more… for a complete list of retailers, visit the the official site.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Bohemian, denim jumper, denim trends, drawstring pants, head wraps, Mike Gonzalez, spring 2011 collection, turbans