Miss the sale on Gilt Groupe? Vegan and eco-friendly handbag brand Matt & Nat is having a hand bag sale on their own site and for about $115 or less, you can build upon your carefully cultivated hand bag collection (i.e. score a few denim bags!) without busting your budget. Check out some of our favorite picks or view the gallery below for more styles. And, once you receive your eco-conscious arm candy, how are you going to rock it? We’ve got some ideas for you, too.
1. Narita in black denim (on sale for $110).
2. Portland in blue denim (on sale for $113).
3. Nico in light blue denim (on sale for $100).
4. Narita in blue denim (on sale for $110).
5. Portland in light blue (on sale for $113).
We think these Matt & Nat denim bags go well with white or pink jeans. A light touch of double denim never hurt anybody. Go uptown with an elegant blouse and heels or downtown with a funky shirt and edgy shoes.
1. Even a mustache is trendy. Wildfox Moustachio Shirt ($77) – buy it at Singer22.
2. The color on these denim shorts are so yummy, they dare you to sink your teeth into ’em. Rich & Skinny Sweet Lover Short in Strawberry Hills ($117) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
3. Use your white denim pants as your style canvas. TEXTILE Elizabeth & James Bette Wide Leg Jeans ($235) – buy it at Shopbop.
4. These colorful shoes can go with just about anything. Zara Satin Sandal with Wooden Heel ($79.90) – buy it at Zara stores.
5. Stay cool in these super-short hot pants. Joe’s Jeans Jenny 3″ inseam denim shorts ($128) – buy it at Joe’s Jeans.
Go to Matt & Nat online to shop more styles.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: denim handbags, denim purses, designer handbags, eco-friendly bags, Joe's Jeans, matt & nat, pink jeans, Rich & Skinny, Textile Elizabeth and James, vegan hand bags, white jeans, Wildfox
In honor of Earth Day, The eco-friendly brand Edun is for sale today until Sunday on Swirl, one of our favorite places to score discounted clothes and accessories for cheap. This sustainable line was begun by none other than U2’s front man Bono and his wife Ali Hewson. Aside from saving the earth, we love looking awesome while doing it, and Edun’s jeans are a one way ticket to style-town. Jeans are marked down to under $50, and other separates go even lower. Several brands are up on the site in honor of earth week, including the organic line Loomstate and incredible handbag line Matt & Nat (all of their accessories are created from plastic soda bottles and other recycled materials). Also for sale, Baggu re-usable grocery bags and super-chic backpacks, and Coyuchi linens. So get shopping, and feel good about it!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Ali Hewson, baggu, bono, coyuchi, Earth Day, eco-friendly, Edun, Loomstate, matt & nat, recycled materials, sustainable fashion