Refinery29′s month of denim may have ended yesterday, but we’re still having a blast browsing the interviews, reviews, and styling tips. Today we wanted to share their interview with Madewell Denim Designer Jac Cameron, who says she owns 500+ pairs of jeans. Her talk about vintage classics and old school washes will have your inner denim geek developing a big ol’ girl crush.
Our favorite quote:
“Wash is the first thing that attracts me to a pair of jeans. It’s a huge part of what I love about denim. Dark, saturated shades are pretty much what I wear day to day, however washed-out, powdery blues are so pretty, especially as the weather gets warmer.”
Check out the full interview with Jac Cameron here.
Tags: dark-wash jeans, denim designer, jac cameron, Madewell, vintage denim, vintage Levi's
Madewell is taking off once again on one of their Denim Roadtrip adventures, with an RV full of must-have jeans and summer style staples. Keeping with the vintage-inspired, bohemian theme of the endeavor, patrons will get to shop the jean selection and then get a festival-ready braid done by a pro hair stylist at the “braiding bar”. Denim styling tips will also be on the menu, so bring your Q’s! They take off in 2 days and their schedule is packed across the US, so find your city below!
For more details, check out Madewell on facebook.
Tour dates below:
April 12th: New York, NY May 1st: Madison, WI
April 14th-15th: Boston, MA May 3rd: Lawrence, KS
April 17th: Washington, D.C. May 9th: Boulder, CO
April 19th: Charlottesville, VA May 12th: San Diego, CA
April 21st: Palm Springs, CA May 13th: Santa Monica, CA
April 26th: Columbus, OH May 16th: San Francisco, CA
April 28th: Chicago, IL May 19th: Seattle, WA
Tags: denim discount, denim road trip, denim shopping, denim style, Madewell
Before your eyes is none other than Ksubi’s bold and beautiful Skinny Pin Jean in Plaid. This pair of pants isn’t for the faint of heart, but if you’re loud and looking to channel your inner punk we’ve rounded up 3 different looks for you to rock. Your pants will be doing most of the talking, so make sure to stick with a simple staple up top. As for the accessories, compliment your already bold move by busting out some real rocker shoes and jewels.
1. Ksubi Skinny Pin Jeans
2. Jeffrey Campbell Spike Lita
3. Ray-Ban 4105 Wayfarer
4. Michael Stars Slub Boyfriend Knit Top
1. Ksubi Skinny Pin Jeans
2. Nasty Gal’s Button Up Tank
3.Michael Kors Gold Tone Stainless Steel and Tortoise Acetate Bracelet Watch
4.Suede Skinny Belt
1. Ksubi Skinny Pin Jeans
2. Sam Edelman Zoe Boot
3. Madewell Detailed Camp Shirt
4. Free People Vintage Tooled Silver Bolo Necklace
Tags: free people, jeffrey campbell spike lita, Ksubi, Madewell, Michael Kors, Michael Stars, nasty gal, plaid pants, Ray Ban, sam edelman
That giddy gal is none other than Sophia Bush spotted strolling around in a pair of 7 For All Mankind Gray Skinnies. The brunette beauty chose to bring her gray skinnies to life with her neon sheer green top that screams spring. To complete the look she accessorized with a casual yet comfortable strappy heel and two tones of metal: silver and gold.
Get the look:
1. 7 For All Mankind Gray Skinny Jeans
2. Free People Sheer Gingham Kiwi Button Up
3. Marie Chavez Multi-Chain Cascade Necklace
4. Lucky Brand Silvia Wedge
5. Michael Kors Runway Watch
Images via DENIMOLOGY.
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, colored denim, gray skinny jeans, Madewell, skinny jeans, sophia bush
As we are making our way into spring, denim dresses are a must have. Luckily some of our favorite brands are revamping the retro look in their latest collections. Paired with a wedged heel and a cardigan for a night out or a low bootie during the day, the versatility of this piece is endless. Here are some of our favorites for you to try out and give a twirl.
1. Denim Bustier Dress ($118) — buy it at Free People.
2. Something Else ($152) — buy it at Madewell.
3. Hold Me Dress ($168) — buy it at Nasty Gal.
4. Sea Ranch Dress ($78) — buy it at Levi’s.
5. Raha Denim Dress ($132) — buy it at Nasty Gal.
6. Natalie Shirtdress ($118) — buy it at GUESS.
Tags: denim dresses, free people, Guess, Levi's, Madewell, nasty gal
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Rag & Bone’s Split Jean is a must-see! These bad boys are launching in a classic black and white, but will be available in other color combinations soon.
2. Heidi Klum was caught making a scene and a statement with her Paige Tumble floral print pants.
3. The Notify and Manish Arora Collaboration Lookbook is finally here. The combination of colors and textures are imaginative, unique and simply out of this world!
4. Levi’s Water<Less finishing offers the highest quality with the least amount of waste. The Water<Less finishing reduces the amount of water used when making each pair of jeans. without wasting a splash.
5. Madewell’s new Rivet & Thread collection channels the best of the old west. Each pair is rough, rugged and ready to be worn in.
Tags: heidi klum, Levi's, LookBook, Madewell, Manish Arora, Notify and Manish Arora Collaboration Lookbook, Notify Jeans, Paige, rag & bone
J. Crew‘s awesome sister company, Madewell, has released their Spring 2012 lookbook, and we are totally in love! They’re touting loose-fitting, light-wash denim overalls, faded bell-bottoms, distressed boyfriend jeans, and, of course, their signature denim button-up shirt. Not to mention lots of polka dots, plaids, and touches of super bright pinks, yellows, and greens. Yes, yes, and OH yes! Come on, springtime!
Tags: Alexa Chung, boyfriend jeans, Denim Overalls, denim trends 2012, j. crew brand, Madewell, Madewell Lookbook, madewell spring 2012, plaid, polka dots, spring 2012 fashion
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Pierre Balmain is now available for pre-order at Luisaviaroma! The collection ranges from $120 to $2,000—totally affordable compared to its sister brand. Pre-order today!
2. We can’t get enough of this interactive video by Madewell! Tea, coffee, dress it up, dress down, sparklers, confetti—you choose! Trust us, it’ll definitely rock your holiday!
3. LF Stores has got some great gift ideas for us last minute holiday shoppers. We’re digging the bold neons with denim!
4. Civilianaire Denim (brainchild of Gene Montesano and Barry Perlman A.K.A. founders of Lucky Brand) is now at Atrium New York.
5. Donna Ida is on the hunt for the most stylish dogs and their stylish denim clad owners! You can submit a picture of your fashionable pooch by tagging Donna Ida in your photos on Facebook or tweet them @donnaidadenim.
Tags: Civilianaire Denim, denim news, Donna Ida, LF Stores, Madewell, Pierre Balmain