Making a first impression is always the trickiest. That’s why we’ve done the leg work for you and rounded-up some of our favorite denim pieces that will keep you comfortable and confident while in the dating arena. Here are some sure classy denim wins that will nearly guarantee a second date. What look would you sport?
Colored denim may be a new staple exploding over the denim scene, but one timeless piece we can’t argue with is a classic chambray. Street styler Sirma chose to accessorize her mint hint of color Pull&Bear jeans with a and basic denim workshirt detailed with a trace of lace.
Dying over this pop of pastel? Get the look below!
1. Muubaa Athena Biker Jacket
2. Hudson Jeans Collin Skinny in Mint
3. Sam Edelman Petty Boot in Taupe
4. Lucky Brand Palomino Denim Shirt
Images via Lookbook.nu.
Tags: chambray, colored jeans, denim workshirt, free people, Hudson, Lookbook.nu, Lucky Brand, sam edelman
We at Denim Therapy always welcome a good sale on denim, especially when they are under $100. But, what about jeans under $50? Whoa, Nelly! In its third week, Lucky Brand‘s $49.97 in-store sale on jeans for men and women is still going strong, but you’ll have to hurry, because your size is likely depleting as we speak. And, if you can’t find your size, there’s a sitewide 20% off sale at Lucky Brand online, so you can also score some great summer clothes in your favorite graphic or beach-friendly variety.
Here’s another sale worth mentioning: Just Fabulous is a shoe and hand bag VIP membership site which sends you customized selections from their celebrity stylists each month, with shoes, hand bags and sunglasses for $39.95 each. They just launched their own brand of premium denim for women, Just Fabulous Denim, at only $39.95 plus free shipping! Why do we think this is worth a check in? The jeans are made by “a premium denim line which normally sells for $200.” Produced with a clean look in The Basic Boot, The Super Straight, The Fabulous Flare and The Slender Cigarette fits, we think it’s cheap jeans with designer appeal. For a limited time only: you can get three pairs of denim for $99. Or, receive 50% off your first purchase the day you sign up. Intrigued? Go to Just Fabulous online to shop the jeans.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: cheap jeans, designer jeans for less, discount jeans, jeans on sale, Just Fabulous Denim, justfab.com, Lucky Brand, Lucky Brand sale
Posted Jun 22 2011 in Sales
For Fall 2011, Lucky Brand has curated a collection of jeans cut in on-trend skinny flare leg jeans for the ladies, and go-to boot cut, slim leg, and hard to find relaxed straight leg styles for men. Sanded, whiskered and dark wash jeans are also offered for both men and women’s jeans. If you’re like us and want instant gratification, we’ll have to wait a bit: the release of the new fall styles are arriving slowly throughout the summer.
The fall arrivals will drop each month as follows: Sofia Boot Cut Jeans (July), Charlie Baby Boot Cut Jeans and Legend Boot Cut Jeans (August) and Charlie Skinny Jeans (September). And the men’s jeans: 221 Original Straight and 121 Heritage Slim (July) and Legend Straight (August). Excited about this new fall collection? Stay tuned for when the collection drops online at Lucky Brand.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Lucky Brand
Missed out on any of our stellar denim coverage this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days, with denim news, links, campaigns, and more. You’re welcome!
1. Nasty Gal’s Newest Campaign: Summer Denim Styling Tips—As it finally hits a steady 50-something degrees outside, and warmer climates are already sliding into shoulder-bearing sheer tops, cut-off shorts, and nautical shoes, it’s time to dive right in to S/S denim paradise…
2. LF Stores Spring 2011 Lookbook: Fearless & Coachella Fest Ready—High waisted, frayed denim cut-off shorts, bold ethnic print tops, and western infused accessories from hats to boots are the key focus of LF Stores Spring 2011 lookbook…
3. Denim Review: Joe’s Jeans Skinny Micro Flare—here’s no doubt that Joe’s Jeans is amongst the world’s top denim brands, but when any brand ventures into new territory, such as new jeans fits, we become a bit skeptic…
4. Levi’s Fall Press Preview: Urban Menswear, Stage Sets, & The Bumbys—Levi’s Fall 2011 Press Preview on March 30th yielded some decidedly urban-friendly looks for the guys (commuting cyclist menswear, anyone?) and solid fall fashion separates…
5. Krysten Ritter in Les Halles Denim—Krysten Ritter on the set of “Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23? (we are intrigued!) in New York City, rocking a pair of Les Halles Straw Leggings…
6. Lucky Brand Summer 2011 Look Book—Summer is almost here! Well, at least we want it to be because we can look forward to taking off the furry layers and sliding into our favorite jeans and shirts. Lucky Brand is already stocking summer’s must-have denim essentials…
—Denim Therapy Staff
Tags: best denim blogs, denim links, denim news, Joe's Jeans, Krysten Ritter, latest denim, Les Halles, Levi's, Lucky Brand, micro skinny flare, Weekly Round Up
Pregnant super-star actress Natalie Portman has been out and about recently sporting maternity denim (an alteration service we offer, in case you’ve got a baby bump of your own) and naturally cameras flashes have been illuminating her every step. The paparazzi might be after her because she’s Natalie, but we’re in love with her minimalist approach to cute maternity-wear. We break down two of her recent looks below.
1. mama·licious Tex Denim Tunic Top ($62) – buy it at Asos.
2. Anthropologie Confetti Strand Wooden Beaded Necklace ($39) – buy it at Anthropologie.
3. The Limited Skinny Cargo Pant (on sale $19.99, was $69.90!) – buy it at The Limited.
4. Lucky Brand “Marlee” Rain Boots ($74.25) – buyt it at Dillard’s.
5. Banana Republic “Deborah” Sunglasses ($98) – buy it at Banana Republic.
Here’s the look in action—Natalie looks stellar with loose hair, sunglasses, a bohemian beaded necklace and this super-comfortable denim maternity shirt, cuffed at the sleeve. We switched out the boots for something a little more fashion forward, but even her’s are pretty chic.
In the next outfit, a super-minimal look becomes super-adorable via less-is-more theory. Check out how you can adopt this comfy ensemble.
1. Motherhood Long Sleeve Crew Neck Maternity T Shirt (on sale $10) – buy it at Motherhood.
2. Paige Denim Jimmy Jimmy Maternity Boyfriend Jeans ($195) – buy it at Shopbop.
3. Dooney & Bourke Handbag, Quilted Spicy Shopper ($198) – buy it at Macy’s.
4. Bernardo Tie multi-strap leather sandals ($195) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
5. Tom Ford Eyewear Callae Sunglasses ($360) – buy it at Saks Fifth Avenue
And here’s the second look in action! Natalie’s top has a cute button-neckline detail and single pocket, which adds interest (but isn’t necessary to achieve the look). During this stroll, Natalie was holding up her purse to defend her baby-to-be from too much camera action. If you plan to do the same (assuming paparazzi follow you!), you’d better make that purse a big one!
Don’t forget to check out our maternity denim alteration service, where we open up the side seam and place an elastic triangular insert into your jeans so you can keep wearing them during your pregnancy. Once your term is over, you can send them back to have them turned back to normal!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Celebrity, denim top, how to wear, Lucky Brand, maternity denim, Natalie Portman, Paige Denim, Paige Premium Denim, pregnant, styling tips
It is pretty obvious by now that denim wearing is no longer relegated to the college set, nor is it only a piece of fabric only reserved for casual days. We found a snapshot of Jessica Biel strutting her stuff in a sexy ladylike tan outfit, punctuated by a blue denim totebag. She showed us a way to wear a denim accessory in a dressed up way that doesn’t have to be edgy or rock ‘n’ roll. You can make your own style statement with some denim handbags we are loving right now!
1. Yves Saint Laurent Muse Denim Tote ($1,450) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
2. Juliet Tote Dark Denim with Genuine Leather Strap ($45) – buy it at Etsy.
3. Lucky Brand Abbey Road Bag (on sale for $149) – buy it at Lucky Brand.
4. Prada Avio Denim Tote ($960) – buy it at Neiman Marcus.
5. Mulberry Tillie Leather and Denim shoulder bag ($995) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
6. Kate Spade Dungaree Quinn tote bag (on sale for $193) – buy it at Kate Spade.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: celebrity fashion, denim accessory, denim hand bag, denim handbags, denim purse, denim shoulder bag, denim totebag, jessica biel, Kate Spade, Lucky Brand, Mulberry, Prada, Yves Saint Laurent
Summer is almost here! Well, at least we want it to be because we can look forward to taking off the furry layers and sliding into our favorite jeans and shirts. Lucky Brand is already stocking summer’s must-have denim essentials, such as soft, distressed jeans, Boyfriend shorts, plus groovy floral print non-denim pieces that will remind you that the days are getting brighter and more colorful. Note: we noticed there was not one jegging in sight! Marked by Lucky Brand’s continual nod to the Americana theme, look for red, white and blue accents, such as star-patched jeans and denim jacket, as well as Bohemian Navajo-inspired prints. If you still need more summer inspirations, then take a look at some featured offerings from Lucky Brand’s Summer 2011 Lookbook.
Need more “research?” View the Summer 2011 new arrivals at Lucky Brand online.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: denim shorts, Jean Shorts, Lucky Brand, summer jeans
If you’re looking for something to do right now, head on over to the Lucky Brand boutique on 5th Avenue for their JOHN ROBSHAW for LUCKY event, a new limited edition featuring the world-renowned textile designer’s Indian-inspired block printed shirts, tops, skirts and belts. It’s a party, so hang out for snacks, sips and DJ spins. If you buy a new pair of Lucky jeans, you’ll also get a special block printed one-of-a-kind tote! Also, meet John Robshaw, who will be hanging out and signing your new cool totes from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., with a special talk on his craft and his new collection. The party continues next Saturday in Los Angeles.
Lucky Brand for John Robshaw
Saturday, February 12
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
172 5th Avenue
Saturday, February 19
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
1213-1215 3rd Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: John Robshaw, Lucky Brand, store events