Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Earnest Sewn will be having their end of season sale, beginning on Monday, December 12th! Enjoy 40-60% off online or in a store near you. Visit them online for locations.
UPDATE: The Earnest Sewn sales will also be offered in each of their retail stores. A selection of denim, approximately 50 washes in men’s and 50 washes in women’s will be available at 40% off.
2. Art Basel saw the release of Johan Lindeberg‘s new BLK DNM fragrance, Perfume 11. It’s a unisex scent with hints of “black amber, birch tar, and soft musks (base notes) blend with incense, fir balsam (mid notes) and finally cardamom (top notes) to create a peppery blend.” Get one at BLK DNM.
3. We’re digging some of the new indigo washes at Marc Allison Jeans.
4. James Jeans has a new coutoure denim line out, that promises to flatten your stomach, trim your thighs, slim your butt, and scult your hips. As Lisette of Denimology exclaimed, these sound “better than Spanx!”
5. Lindsay Lohan wears what seems like her first legit “stylish” outfit in years, wearing a pair of Genetic Denim Shane cigarette pants in lava.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: BLK DNM fragrance, Couture jeans, Earnest Sewn, end of season sale, Genetic Denim Shane cigarette pants in lava, indigo washes, James Jeans, Johan Lindeberg, Lindsay Lohan
Missed out on anything this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. Step Sharply! Christian Louboutin Spike Heels—In your journey towards increased bad-assery, you may have come across two materials that proved successful in most instances: spikes, and denim. While the two are usually only seen on the back of Rancid fan jackets in unison, a new era of chic has emerged, and it’s given these classic punk elements a new stage to dance on. Christian Louboutin has introduced the denim spike heel and denim spike loafer… Keep Reading! ?
2. Boy’s Games That Denim Plays—There are two things that will always be true: boys will be boys and denim will be always be our partner in crime. This playful editorial from new wave online magazine The Ones 2 Watch (which showcases the work of some the fashion industry’s up and coming talent from photographers to stylists) makes us want to get out of the city, head to the nearest forest, get rowdy and play rough… Keep Reading! ?
3. One Way or the Other: Reversible Jeans—In the age of shrinking urban closet space and increasing need for innovative looks on the street, this is a refreshing item to add to your arsenal. Bleulab has patented their reversible jeans, which remain functional in their standard fiber thickness (rather than layer two textiles, they are made of one piece of fabric woven to appear contrasting on two sides)… Keep Reading! ?
4. Sportmax Code S/S 2011—With the Holidays done and over with it’s on to the next matter of business: your Spring Summer wardrobe! And one collection you’ll definitely want to get your hands on is Sportmax Code if you want to be on trend. The young and hip label from the Max Mara Group captures the spirit of the seventies with modern high-rise wide leg jeans, double denim looks, and feminine yet bold prints… Keep Reading! ?
5. Sex Sells! Denim of Virtue Spring 2011 Lookbook—The Denim of Virtue spring 2011 lookbook has us literally aching for summer, with acid wash shorts (as short as they come), bleached out gradient jeans with zip side details, boyfriend-cut cargos, high-waisted skirts, and visions of all the lounging we’ll be doing once the winter weather breaks… Keep Reading! ?
6. Lohan is Back in Black—Lindsay Lohan and her assistant Eleanore were spotted together this week in Beverly Hills. Lohan looking fit and happy, the actress wore Black Orchid’s High rise Jeggings in Newton wash with a plaid shirt and accessorized with a cashmere loop scarf and mixed metal chains… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: best denim, best denim blogs, best denim posts, black orchid, Christian Louboutin, Denim of Virtue, Lindsay Lohan, reversible jeans, spikes and denim, top denim
The heat hasn’t even begun to beat us down yet, so it’s no time like the present to load up on those summer-friendly shorts that will take us from day to night… while on vacation! Work Custom Jeans has a nice array of denim shorts that is just a little more interesting than the usual cut off, cropped or hot pants variety. Street cred: celebrities from Supermodels to actresses have been seen wearing Work Custom Jeans.
Pictured (L to R):
Work Custom Jeans Panther Army Green Cut Off shorts ($187, on pre-order); Work Custom Jeans Sidewinder Shorts, seen on Nicky Hilton ($152); and Work Custom Jeans Moto Zip Shorts, seen on Lindsay Lohan (on sale – $69.60).
Available at BLACK LABEL BOUTIQUE
— Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: denim shorts, Lindsay Lohan, Nicky Hilton, Work Custom Jeans
Lindsay Lohan in PRPS
Ashley Tisdale in Siwy
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could make a wish to the Jean Genie for a pair of this seasons trendy cut-off jeans? Hell, I’d ask for every premium jean from here to Tokyo! Since that isn’t going to happen, here’s a way to breath new life into your old jeans. Copy the look that so many celebrities (Lindsay Lohan and Ashley Tisdale to name a few) are rocking. Show off those sexy gams of yours and sharpen those scissors of yours.
D.I.Y. instructions to create your own Jean Shorts
(Source – Life & Style):
Tools needed: Tape measure, pen, scissors.
Step 1: Mark the length on the midthigh, adding an extra 1/2 inch for fraying.
Step 2: Cut straight across the legs with sharp scissors
Step 3: Machine-wash and dry to encourage frayed edges. the more jeans are washed, the more the fabric will unravel.
Tip: To get the best length, lay a favorite pair of shorts on top of the jeans and match up the crotch seams. Cut along the hemline.
PRPS Ladies cut-off denim short in Splatterpop, $349 (as seen on Lindsay Lohan)
Siwy Camilla cut-off shorts in Superstition wash, $168 (as seen on Ashley Tisdale), $168
America Eagle Destroyed denim cut-off short shorts, $34.50
–Nikki Cho Russo
Tags: American Eagle, Ashley Tisdale, Celebrity Pink, DIY, Jean Shorts, Lindsay Lohan, PRPS, Siwy