Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Award winning designer Felipe Oliveira Baptista, graduate of Kingston University Fashion Design, launched his own line in 2003. His spring 2012 collection brings a new level of femininity to layering denim.
2. Fidelity Denim has released a limited edition red women’s skinny jean in recognition of World AIDS day (December 1st, 2011). 100% of profits from sales will be donated to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.
3. The verdict is in… Beyonce‘s maternity denim of choice is J Brand!
4. In the latest installment of the rag & bone DIY campaign, Miranda Kerr is photographed in denim by Lily Aldridge and Orlando Bloom.
5. Brazilian denim brand Osklen, who previously suffered a massive fire in 2010 which destroyed their headquarters and their history, have made a comeback.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: beyonce, Brazilian denim brand, diy campaign, felipe oliveira baptista, Fidelity Denim, J Brand, lily aldridge, maternity jeans, miranda kerr, orlando bloom, osklen, rag & bone, spring 2012 collection, world AIDS day