No lie, we love clean cut skinny jeans and crisp, tailored raw denim… but when it comes to summer living in NYC, we’re always down for a little extra AC in the jeans department. Distressed denim adds edge to any look, whether in light wash boyfriend style or in a punk-inspired black skinny cut. Here are some our favorite pairs of distressed jeans this summer.
Take a hint from the guys this spring and don a pair of boyfriend jeans. Easy to pair with a casual tank or a crisp dress shirt, you can rock this style just about anywhere. A pair of heeled sneakers or wedge sandals, even stilettos, will cap off your look. This, friends, is the only time we’re advocate low rise.
1. Current/Elliott The Boyfriend cropped low-rise jeans 2. Gucci Striped grosgrain-trimmed boyfriend jeans 3. Acne Studios Pop Vintage boyfriend jeans
4. Rag & bone Distressed cropped boyfriend jeans 5. Paige Tyler distressed low-rise boyfriend jeans 6. Paige Jimmy Jimmy distressed cropped slim boyfriend jeans
Which pair is your favorite?
Tags: boyfriend jeans, destroyed denim, destroyed jeans, distressed denim, Distressed Jeans, light wash jeans, low rise jeans
Light wash jeans are going to be your best friend this spring. They pair perfectly with an oversize sweater on a chilly day and just as easily with a filmy tank and stacked jewelry when the weather gets warmer. They make a statement that is both edgy and feminine. Finding the right pair, however, isn’t always easy. Fashionista rounded up 17 pairs that they’re in love with. Perhaps you’ll find your light wash denim soulmate in there too?
Image via Fashionista
Click here to find your own perfect pair.
Tags: best jeans, best pair of jeans, buy denim online, faded jeans, jeans for spring, light wash denim, light wash jeans, pale jeans, spring denim trends
Piperlime reports on two of our favorite denim diva’s favorite jeans, which means it’s time to get those mouses clicking and bag some fall denim! Wonder which jeans Rachel Zoe and Olivia Palermo are wearing this season? Look no further.
Olivia Palermo loves…
1. Mother Denim The Cropped Looker Jeans 2. Paige Verdugo Ultra Skinny 3. J Brand Denim Leggings
Rachel Zoe loves…
1. Citizens of Humanity Racer Low Rise Ultra Skinny Jeans 2. 7 For All Mankind The Highwaist Skinny 3. Mother Denim The Looker Skinny Jean
Which pairs do you love?
Tags: best jeans for fall, celebrity denim, dark-wash jeans, destroyed denim, light wash jeans, olivia palermo, Rachel Zoe, ripped jeans, skinny jeans
J Brand‘s latest releases include pastel and neon colored jeans, as well as medium-wash blue jean shorts and destroyed white denim cut-offs. The combination of colors and textures add up to equal fresh summer style! Their denim legging capris come in hot pink and lemon yellow, featuring a side zip. The subdued light wash skinny jean is a summer basic that translates from work to leisure with ease. Finally, their cut-off shorts are fun and versatile. The only problem with this collection will be selecting which pieces to buy!
All styles currently available at J Brand.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: colored denim, cut off shorts, denim leggings, destroyed denim, J Brand, light wash jeans, neon jeans, pastel jeans, pink jeans, red jeans, skinny jeans, summer denim trends, yellow jeans
We love the “less is more” design philosophy, especially when it comes to jeans. It’s always refreshing to find a pair of jeans free of bells-and-whistles, that emphasize beautiful fit, carefully selected fabrics, and artisanal washes. Eugene Is My Middle Name is one of those brands, and their fall/winter 2012 lookbook features some gorgeous brights for the cold weather season. If you’ve been hesitant to wear light wash denim, white jeans, or metallics in the past, these styles should help you tip the scales in the other direction.
See four of our favorite looks below, including a pair of hand-sanded Italian denim ombre skinnies, bleached-out light wash, gold metallic hand-gilded and Japanese cotton jeans.
Check out the full Eugene Is My Middle Name lookbook.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: eugene is my middle name, fall winter 2012, gold jeans, how to wear white in the winter, light wash jeans, metallic jeans, ombre jeans, skinny jeans, white jeans
Hey, we love our dark denim washes too, but sometimes when the weather gets warmer we just start craving sunnier, lighter washes in our jeans selection. We’ve come up with nine pairs of light wash jeans that are pitch-perfect for spring. From cropped jeans to skinnies to flares, take your pick! In every style possible, they’re made to be worn with simple white tees, floaty floral tops, and sandals. Sounds good, huh?
1. Notify Jeans Hellebora Straight Leg Denim in Light Blue
2. Chloe Light Blue Flared Jeans
3. Free People FP HIgh Rise Skinny – Paley Blue
4. 7 For All Mankind The Skinny in Light Blue Lustre Denim
5. Venus Mid-rise tapered jeans
6. Levi’s Vintage Flare Jean
7. MiH Marrakesh mid-rise flared jeans
8. Diesel Light Wash High Waisted Skinny Jean
9. Citizens of Humanity Ava low-rise straight-leg jeans
Tags: cropped jeans, faded jeans, flare jeans, light wash jeans, skinny jeans, Spring Jeans, straight leg jeans, tapered jeans
The JFour 2011 Fall/Winter Womens Collection is your go-to when looking for comfortable, everyday denim that you know you can wear this season and on. If you want to take some chances, you can try out the harem-esque cut, but they still have the classic skinny and boyfriend styles available also. We love how the addition of rips and distressing give the jeans a bit more attitude than just any other ol’ pair without being too overwhelming. The light-wash jeans are a great option for pairing with a darker wash jean jacket, like they show here, which is a look that can work all year round—AKA worth it.
Images via Denimology.
Tags: boyfriend jeans, distressed denim, harem pants, jfour, light wash jeans, ripped jeans, skinny jeans
This Spring 2012 Lookbook from Natural Selection shows how simple great quality denim can be. They have both selvedge and non-selvedge options, as well as light-wash and distressed jeans, so you can get the jeans that you feel most comfortable in. We love how they don’t feel the need to dress up the denim, but keep it, well, natural (makes sense, doesn’t it?). A classic white tee or crisp button-down is all you need to throw together a great outfit, and when looking good is that easy, who can complain?
Images via Selectism.
Tags: button-down shirts, Denim Menswear, Distressed Jeans, light wash jeans, Natural Selection, white t-shirt
While many of us may dream of winning the lottery, the reality is that times are tight, and we know that. But just because you’re living on a budget doesn’t mean your wardrobe has to suffer. There are a ton of cool jeans out there that have a great fit, are on trend, and are affordable—yes it is possible! We’ve rounded up 12 pairs that range in color, print, wash, and cut, so you can find the ones that are perfect for you. And hey, for less than $50, treat yourself to as many as you want!
1. American Eagle Outfitters White Skinny Jean ($39.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online .
2. Forever 21 Colored Skinny Jeans ($22.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
3. Levi’s Jeans Seamed Skinny Sequoia Twill ($35.00)–buy them at Macy’s.
4. Divine Rights of Denim Leopard Skinnies ($29.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
1. American Eagle Outfitter Midnight Indigo Skinny Jean ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
2. American Eagle Outfitters Antique Destroy Skinny Jeans ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
3. Forever 21 Premium Denim Jean with Ankle Zippers ($27.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
4. &Denim Slim Jeans ($29.95)–buy them at H&M.
1. American Eagle Outfitters AE First Edition Trouser Wide Leg Jean ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
2. Gap 1969 Super Lightweight Skinny Boot Jeans ($34.99)–buy them at Gap.
3. Gap 1969 Mid-Weight Buckle Trouser Jeans ($29.99)–buy them at Gap .
4. Levi’s Jeans Flap Pocket Flare Jeans ($45)–buy them at Levi’s.
Tags: affordable jeans, American Eagle, blue jeans, boot cut jeans, colored jeans, dark-wash jeans, Distressed Jeans, flared jeans, Forever 21, Gap, green jeans, H&M, leopard jeans, Levi's, light wash jeans, skinny jeans, white jeans, wide leg jeans