Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Guys, if you’re looking for a cool way to lug around your stuff this fall, try the Kero Denim Demon backpack, constructed from naturally tanned hide and 15.5 oz un-signed selvedge denim.
2. Check out this behind-the-scenes video of Michelle Siwy talking denim right at the factory where her own jeans are made.
3. Ever wonder how Wranglers are made, step-by-step? You have? Seriously? You’re in luck!
4. Go behind the scenes where Levi’s Concept Designer Jay Carroll dwells, get some decorating tips, and envy his pillow collection (among other things).
5. Designer Licia Florio’s spring 2012 collection features chambray separates with unexpected design lines, like a cross-over closure open back jump suit and jacket with cascading neckline. Our favorite piece is the abstract collar, constructed from many woven collars. Edgy!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim accessories, denim backpack, Denim Repair, How jeans are made, kero denim demon, levi's jay carroll, licia florio, Michelle Siwy, Siwy Denim, wrangler denim