Welcome to your afternoon dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. NYC-based boutique Court is currently closed for renovations, so for the next two days anyone can enter the phrase FRESHPAINT at checkout on their e-shop and get 20% off.
2. Heidi Klum went for nautical stripes and medium-wash cut-off blue jean shorts for her “look of the day” last week—we like!
3. J Brand & Intermix let three style bloggers score free reign on the meatpacking boutique to put together outfits with a theme: Coated Denim. Check out what they came up with.
4. A slogan we’re quite fond of in an Australian shop window, advertising Dr. Denim: “A Matter of Life & Denim”.
5. Denim Blog scours the latest cinematic teen craze, Footloose, for Levi’s denim (and finds plenty).
—Michelle Christina Larsen & Jackie Racer
Tags: denim discount, denim sale, Dr. Denim, footloose, heidi klum, Intermix, J Brand, Levi's Denim
For a cooler look in summer, search no further. Levi’s denim long sleeve work shirt is out this season in a new bleached look, giving it a much more laidback feel. By using a different technique on the denim, the result is a marbleized, almost cloud-like appearance. Dark blue stitching is seen throughout the shirt and even tricks the eye into seeing a front pocket that isn’t really there. This is a work shirt that will work for any denim lover out there.
Image via Hypebeast.
Tags: Denim Work Shirt, Levi's, Levi's Denim, work shirts
The April 2011 Rolling Stone cover at first sight will probably result in millions of men accidently spilling coffee down their shirts and women who suddenly get the urge to run to the gym. The reason why? Smoking hot songstress Rihanna, goes full throttle in the new issue. Posing in a baring midriff white tank and made to order hand crafted glittered Levi’s denim hotshorts, leaving nothing much to the imagination. “If Rihanna and Kid Rock had a baby,” was the concept behind the styling of this shoot, said Stylist B. Akerlund. “Everyone kept saying give us super sexy and I’m like okay I’ll give you sexy.” We personally love the ripped/raw hemline of the denim shorts, which adds a little Oomph to the risqu? nature of the outfit. The red handkerchief tied around her wrist, channels Kid Rock’s hit single “American Bad Ass” and has us all thinking maybe a Rihanna and Kid Rock baby won’t be so bad after all.
Images via Denimology.
— Ashlee Mellowes
Tags: All American, April 2011, denim shorts, Kid Rock, Levi's Denim, rihanna, Rolling Stone