You work hard. You deserve a holiday not only to celebrate your contributions to the economy, but to celebrate the fact that today, it’s way cheaper to buy great jeans. If your closet needs some enhancement in the denim department, don’t fret. We’ve cooked up a list of sales throughout the day in time for your after-BBQ online shopping.
“Contrary to popular belief, white denim can be worn year-round, as long as its styled appropriately. When purchasing white denim, you want to be sure the fabric is not too lightweight making it see-through, but also not too heavy as that causes bunching in all the wrong places. A 9oz. white denim is ideal for anytime. Make sure pockets detailing and stitching are minimal as to not draw attention to the bum or hips/thighs. A crisp white wide leg is ideal for summer, paired with espadrilles or wooden wedges and bold colors on top! Take this opportunity to play around with your accessories, a great turquoise necklace, chunky gold bangles, etc.
In the winter I find that a classic straight leg or skinny fit are ideal for pairing with ankle boots and tucking into knee high boots. Keep the color palette in the neutral family during the winter months, and mix-in luxe fabrications such as cashmere to create a warm, sophisticated look. MiH Jeans carries two of my favorite white denim styles.”
1. Mih Jeans “The Marrakesh” mid-rise kick flare jeans ($189) – get it at Mih Jeans.
2. Mih Jeans “The Oslo” mid-rise long slim leg ($185) – get it at Mih Jeans.
—Marisa Grimshaw, Senior Account Manager, Bollare Communications.
Marisa has worked with some of the best names in the business including Blank, Citizens of Humanity, David Kahn & Seven for all Mankind. As Bollare’s resident denim guru, Marisa has her pulse with the top designers, editors and stylists about the latest and greatest in the world of denim.
Stay tuned for more tips from Marisa!
P.S. For more ideas, check out our white denim roundup!
Tags: denim styling tip, how to wear white, labor day weekend, Marisa Grimshaw, wear white year round, white denim, white jeans
One summer denim trend that never goes out of style post-Labor Day Weekend is bright white. White denim is an easy way to add a dose of luxury to your look, and you’ll see no shortage of celebs and socialites sporting these styles around hot-spots all summer long. If you’re looking to make this timeless trend your own, but aren’t sure where to start (aside from committing to keeping messy foods far from your legs), you can get some inspiration below, with our white denim summer jeans round-up! You’ll find something for different body-types and style concerns, so don’t fret if wearing white on your legs initially sounds like trouble. Read on.
1. Curvy on the bottom? These loose-fitting (but still impeccably shaped) flare-leg jeans will balance out your look. Go nautical when styling with this one—we promise you can’t go wrong. Paige Denim Laurel Canyon Bootcut Jeans ($124) – buy it at Piperlime.
2. Short legs? A cropped white jean is a great match, paired with sandals or platforms. A word of advice: avoid the cropped-flair style. That will add unnecessary division between your thigh and shins, taking away from that heightening-effect. Denim by Victoria Beckham Denim Capris ($149) – buy them at Yoox.
3. Super-tall, or just looking for a little rock’n'roll? Add some texture with tears, rips, and a controlled destroyed style. The long hem can be cuffed or bunched up with heels. Either way, you’ll be turning heads. Diesel Clushy 32 in White Denim Destroyed Jeans ($187) – buy it at Zappos.
4. Skinny-minnie? Add some oomph to your figure with super-tight fitting white skinny jeans. While many are terrified this pair will turn them into a marshmallow, you’ll find that the non-color amps up your sex appeal, big-time. Rag & Bone Skinny Jeans in White ($165) – buy it at Shopbop.
5. Want some white, but not interested in looking too preppy? A clean-cut white cut-off shorts with a frayed edge will keep you looking breezy while still maintaining some stylish edge. Paige Premium Denim Silverlake Shorts in White Stretch Destruction ($129) – buy it at Zappos.
6. Hamptons-bound, for a bit of weekend tennis? Try some shorts that are pristine and trendy, with room to move (go practice that back-hand!). Levi’s® 515™ Denim Shorts (on sale $19.99) – buy it at Kohls.
7. For gals with low-butt/no-butt, this rolled-hem bloomer style white-washed denim short is perfect. With soft-pleating at the waistband and a free-and-easy vibe, you’ll find yourself enjoying a just-voluptuous-enough behind! Blank Denim Camp Short Rolled ($68) – buy it at Piperlime.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: guide to wearing white, labor day weekend, summer denim, summer fashion trends, summer style, summer trends, white denim, white jeans, white pants, white shorts