Halloween is right around the corner, and if you’re like us, you’ll probably be pulling together a costume frantically the day before. But whether you’re aiming for sexy, scary, or just plain awesome, denim is one no-fail ingredient for a Halloween costume that everyone will love. Need some ideas? That’s why we’re here!
1. Saved By The Bell! For couples, Zack Morris and Kelly Kapowski were the king and queen of jeans at Bayside High.
2. Rawr! A group ensemble based on the cast of Jurassic Park has everything from button-down jean shirts to teens sporting high-waisted mom fits.
3. Rock’n'roll! If you wanna go blue on your own, consider a simple James Dean jean get-up paired with gelled hair, a crisp white shirt, and a leather jacket. Ladies, copy this look verbatim and you can just tell people you’re Lady Gaga dressed as Jo Calderone.
4. Game much? The Mario Bros had the industrial look down to a T with overalls and amazing handlebar mustaches. Who wouldn’t want to wear their look?
5. Hey ya’ll! Diasy Duke‘s short denim cut-offs and tied-up crop top plaid shirt are still an obsession for young women the world over. So forget about modesty. Find yourself a cute button-up top and bare those legs.
6. Peace out! Hippies wore denim all the time and made the world re-think who wears them, and when. Represent a major turning point in the history of jeans by dressing like you parents in the ’60s!
—Sarah Greene & Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: belly bottom jeans, daisy duke, Denim Overalls, halloween costume ideas, hippie costume, james dean, jurassic park, Kelly Kapowski, mario bros, saved by the bell, zack morris
Pictorials such as this one that features Model Liza Golden donning sexy denim duds while drinking a Pepsi, remind us of how much we actually loved the 90s while slightly causing a temporary dementia of how much we despised it (remember mullets?!). So when we came across this little gem it was definitely a nostalgic moment. It seems like we fell in love all over again with the bedazzled denim shorts and the high waisted shorts paired with the leopard print tank top. Let’s not forget the big hair and sultry makeup that scream Cindy Crawford in her heyday. The look perpetrates a style that we all tried to mimic (we idolized Kelly Kapowski from Saved by the Bell) and whether or not we acheieved the look, we can all agree it was hot! Modernize this look for present day, by pairing high waisted shorts with wedges or motorcyle boots if you desire a rocker-chic look. Don’t forget the red lipstick and big hair for added oomph, just make sure you don’t get into a fight with your blowdryer the morning you decide to test this look out for a run.
Images via fashiongonerogue
— Ashlee Mellowes
Tags: 1990s, cindy crawford, high waisted denim shorts, Kelly Kapowski, Liza Golden, Pepsi, rocker style, saved by the bell, studded denim