The very definition of crisp, white denim is an often eschewed in favor of darker shades, when people want a slimmer silhouette. But those who brave this clean look won’t be disappointed–unless, of course, you stumble around in some dirt, wet paint, or another otherwise unwelcome substance. Take inspiration from these celebrities, who wear their white jeans in completely different ways, from Pippa Middleton’s preppy blazer combo to Katie Holmes’s nautical outfit. It’s the simplest way to stay fresh, folks!
1. Pippa Middleton (and her famous bum) look great in white denim skinnies and an aptly-royal blue blazer. This is princess wear and professionalism at its finest.
2. White jeans offer the great option of denim-on-denim looks without worrying about being too overwhelmingly blue. Annalyne McCord pairs her flares with a Western denim shirt.
3. Busy mom Katie Holmes goes casual with a striped shirt and go-anywhere tan boots.
4. Cameron Diaz shows off her edgier style with a head-to-toe white look broken up with a black leather jacket.
5. Model Elle Macpherson pairs her jeans with a punchy orange shirt and earthier hippie accessories, like gold bangles and dark brown sandals.
Tags: cameron, Cameron Diaz, celebrity denim trends, celebrity style, Elle MacPherson, Katie Holmes, pippa middleton, white denim, white jeans
Many celebs partake in questionable dressing, but we believe in rewarding the ones who look good and taking fashion cues from them. In the pursuit of collecting style inspiration, we rounded up nine fresh denim outfits we adore. From Zoe Saldana’s classic neutral look to Ashley Tisdale’s boho-infused styling, each lady wears radically different denim pieces, paired uniquely to fit own individual style (while looking super-cute). Phew, no sartorial clones here!
1. Clean, classic, and simple. Zoe Saldana makes neutrals work in her favor with a black, white, and nude look, anchored together by Rag & Bone’s Leggings in Midnight.
2. This ombre shirt? Oh, how daring! Of course Kate Bosworth pulls off 7 for All Mankind’s Denim Button Down Shirt, with a smattering of her trademark vintage-y accessories.
3. With her Current/Elliot Floral Skinny Jeans, Katie Holmes utilizes the printed denim trend in a look well-suited for a busy lady on the go. To make this slightly girly outfit even more denim-friendly, she throws a denim shirt atop her floral jeans. We approve.
4. Brazilian model Ana-Beatriz Barros perfects polished weekend looks with J Brand Leather Leggings in Red. The textural contrast of her coated denim jeans against a mohair sweater proves that opposites attract to create truly interesting outfits.
5. Just like the flavor of its namesake, mint-colored denim is oh-so-refreshing and big this season. Aided by the graphic stripes of her shirt, Ali Larter looks mod with her Black Orchid Jeans in Mint Julep. We’d all be so lucky to look this good while picking up our Special K.
6. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley epitomizes model-off-duty city wear in her Etoile Isabel Marant Adam jeans (try these Cheap Monday Narrow Jeans for a similar look), oversize knit sweater, chunky suede booties, and wake-me-up coffee fix. Even if you’re not a model, this super-cozy outfit is super chill.
7. Ombre hair might be too wild for your taste, but you easily can achieve boho-tinged style by rocking loose, distressed jeans (like Theyskens’ Theory boyfriend-fit). Take styling cues from Ashley Tisdale, who wears her All Saint’s drop-crotch jeans with a floppy hat, fringe boots, and bright red bag.
8. You know how we feel about Jessica Alba‘s colored denim collection, and we are big fans of this hot mama’s weekend look. She wears a pair of Kate Spade Broome Street Jeans, but we’ve pinpointed a pair of SOLD Spring Street Red Skinny jeans that would look equally cute for a colorful day at the playground as out on the town.
9. For the launch of Chinese Laundry Denim, Shenae Grimes wore a denim jacket from the line with a pair of harem pants and a bra top. We give her props for exposing her midriff in a trendy and cute way, without being too revealing. The key is in that denim jacket! You can’t find the one she’s wearing in stores yet, but this Heritage 1981 Zip Up Denim Jacket will work to the same effect.
Tags: ali larter, ana-beatriz barros, Ashley Tisdale, coated jeans, floral jeans, Jessica Alba, Kate Bosworth, Katie Holmes, mint green jeans, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, shenae grimes, Zoe Saldana
Word through the grapevine is popular denim brand Current/Elliott, has created a masterpiece that everyone in the jungle and outside world (including us) want to get their hands on. Case in point, their new stiletto leopard jean, has all the piazzas of a luxurious fur, sans the animal cruetly. Celebs such as Mandy Moore, Danielle Lineker, Isla Fisher and Katie Holmes to name a few have fallen prey to the irresistible allure of these jeans. So why do we adore these loud animal print jeans so much? Well for starters these jeans are probably the hippest way to sport the printed jean trend, we also love the how they are faded in just the right spots, for that love-worn effect that so many of us covet. Pair these bad boys with a graphic tee or a plain tee with some bold accessories and you’ll probably make Tarzan a bit jealous.
Images via Denimology
— Ashlee Mellowes
Tags: animal print, Current/Elliott stiletto leopard jean, Danielle Lineker, denim trends fall 2011, isla fisher, Katie Holmes, Mandy Moore