One of our favorite ways to wear white denim is to accencuate your pair of jeans with a pop of color. You can keep the palette simple with white jeans, a white top and break up the outfit with a standard brown belt. But what will take this summer-ready outfit from basic to fashion forward? A dash, pop or hint of any neon. Bold and bright neons are stampeding the fashion scene this season and what way to better have your accessories stand out? What’s your favorite accent color?
Get the look! Hudson Skinny and Kate Spade Brianne
Tags: colored denim, Hudson Jeans, Kate Spade, skinny jeans, white denim
We”re way into matching our denim washes with exciting accessories and color combos (hence our red shoe and blue jeans post). One of our latest obsessions is neon, and in the form of accessories, it provides a killer accent when paired with dark wash denim. Below are 9 of our favorite neon yellow accessories of the moment to jazz up your jeans with.
1. Kate Spade Treasure Chest State Necklace ($428) – buy it at Neiman Marcus.
2. Proenza Schouler PS1 Tote Suede – Neon Yellow ($1995) – buy it at Barneys New York.
3. ALDO ‘Capecoral’ Platform Pump ($89) – buy at ALDO.
4. Matthew Williamson Neon Yellow Sunglasses ($410) – buy it at Ssense.
5. Gorjana Graham Leather Studded Wrap Bracelet ($55) – buy it at Piperlime.
6. Topshop VIBRANT Yellow Ballet Pumps ($32) – buy it at Topshop.
7. Jeffrey Campbell Toni Handbag in Yellow Neon ($65) – buy it at Revolve Clothing.
8. Bauble Bar Phospho Necklace ($38) – buy it at Bauble Bar.
9. Kate Spade Rugby iPhone 4 Case ($40) – buy it at Piperlime.
Grab some of these and emulate the dark wash denim and neon yellow style of French street style blogger Valentine!
Image via Valentine H.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: iphone case, jeffrey campbell, Kate Spade, neon glasses, neon jewelry, neon yellow, ps1 bag, Spring trends, what to wear, yellow flats, yellow necklace
We’ll be honest, we wear denim cut-off’s all year round. With a cute pair of tights and some fresh kicks, you have no excuse to push your jean shorts into a “summer” box and stuff them under your bed. But it’s true that there’s a certain magic that comes with the season of Daisy Duke‘s, and while there are still a few humid, sunny days left in the August-to-September transition, it’s a good idea to get the most out of them. We’ve put together three outfits we adore for some summer denim inspiration. Go forth, and wear denim shorts!
Check out these three denim-shorts-loving looks below…
Look 1: Bohemian Babe
1. Zadig & Voltaire Cream Drama racer tank ($105) – buy it at My Wardrobe.
2. Willow under-wired corset ($495) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
3. Siwy Alexa cut-off shorts ($195) – buy them at American Rag.
4. Kate Spade ‘Cut To The Chase’ bib necklace ($148) – buy it at Kate Spade.
5. Mia Limited Edition Spartan Sandal ($119.95) – buy them at DSW.
Look 2: Cafe Crawler
1. Helmut Lang cotton-blend chambray shorts ($110 on sale) – buy them at The Outnet.
2. Karen Walker Eyewear ‘Patsy’ sunglasses ($180) – buy them at La Garconne.
3. Coral pearl embellished crop top ($69) – buy it at Miss Selfridge.
4. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Mariel’ wedge sandal ($110) – buy them at Nordstrom.
5. CC Skye ‘Natalie’ bracelet in neon pink & yellow ($105) – buy it at Stefani Bags.
Look 3: Festival-Chic
1. Sam & Lavi pink ‘Kelsie’ tank ($55) – buy it at Les Pomettes.
2. Ksubi ‘Alberceque’ cut-off shorts ($169) – buy them at American Rag.
3. G by GUESS ‘Bloom’ lace bandeau top ($13) – buy it at Guess.
4. Gold cross double ring ($11) – buy it at Dorothy Perkins.
5. Diesel ‘Exposure’ High-top denim sneakers ($140) – buy them at Ssense.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim cut off shorts, Diesel, G by Guess, Helmut Lang, Jean Shorts, jeffrey campbell, Karen Walker, Kate Spade, Ksubi, short shorts, Siwy Denim, summer denim, vintage denim
It is pretty obvious by now that denim wearing is no longer relegated to the college set, nor is it only a piece of fabric only reserved for casual days. We found a snapshot of Jessica Biel strutting her stuff in a sexy ladylike tan outfit, punctuated by a blue denim totebag. She showed us a way to wear a denim accessory in a dressed up way that doesn’t have to be edgy or rock ‘n’ roll. You can make your own style statement with some denim handbags we are loving right now!
1. Yves Saint Laurent Muse Denim Tote ($1,450) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
2. Juliet Tote Dark Denim with Genuine Leather Strap ($45) – buy it at Etsy.
3. Lucky Brand Abbey Road Bag (on sale for $149) – buy it at Lucky Brand.
4. Prada Avio Denim Tote ($960) – buy it at Neiman Marcus.
5. Mulberry Tillie Leather and Denim shoulder bag ($995) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
6. Kate Spade Dungaree Quinn tote bag (on sale for $193) – buy it at Kate Spade.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: celebrity fashion, denim accessory, denim hand bag, denim handbags, denim purse, denim shoulder bag, denim totebag, jessica biel, Kate Spade, Lucky Brand, Mulberry, Prada, Yves Saint Laurent