Denim Therapy’s expert denim repair service was featured in People Magazine‘s holiday gift guide! The series called out gifts for celebs and stars who could use them, and we were bestowed the honor of being an ideal gift for Kate Middleton! You’ll recall that she wore her J Brand jeans for days on royal business, and not even royal jeans can hold up forever.
“For the girl who isn’t afraid to recycle her denim (Kate once wore the same J Brand jeans three days in a row!), we’d treat her to a gift card to Denim Therapy, the company that repairs holes, wear, and scuffed hems. The Duchess could even use the credit to preemptively reinforce her favorite blues to avoid getting caught with an embarrassing tear.”
Looking for a way to extend the life of your jeans? We do jean repair on holes, tears, wear, zippers, belt-loops, and so much more. We also do tailoring, hemming, dying, and alterations for maternity. Check out our denim repair and alteration services for ways we can help your blue-jean-BFF’s stay in your life for the long run!
And Kate, if you’re reading, we’ll definitely help you out too. ; )
Tags: Denim Repair, Denim Therapy, fix jeans, gift guide, hemming, jean repair, kate middleton, people magazine, repair my jeans, ripped jeans
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. It’s Cyber Monday, so online denim sales are abound. Just to name a few…
- You can score 30% off all fall styles at Mih Jeans until midnight.
- At J Brand, you’ll get a $75 gift card when you spend $275 (and if you shop beofre noon PST, you’ll get free 2-day shipping on your order).
- AG Jeans for men & women are on sale today at Hautelook (and check their website, because they’re having some Cyber Monday deals of their own).
- Miss Sixty is hosting a “private sale”—you can score 30% off the fall & winter collection by using code MISSPRIVATE11 at checkout.
2. Theory is having a women’s sample sale, with styles up to 65% off. Shop the VIP sale on Tuesday, November 29th (10AM – 7PM) or the public sales: Wednesday Nov 30th – Friday Dec 2nd (10AM – 7PM); Saturday Dec 3rd – Sunday Dec 4th (10AM – 5PM). Click for flier & more info.
3. Kate Middleton’s jeans left youngsters confused at an art therapy center in inner-city London. They reportedly asked where her princess dress was.
4. Wanna brighten up your week? Stay tuned—the adorable Replay And Sons Kids F/W 2011 lookbook is coming to DT soon!
5. Connecticut-based denim brand Amethyst Jeans are having a holiday food drive this December as part of the Food For Fashion initiative. They’re handing over new pairs of jeans in exchange for money, non-perishable food, and Sack Hunger Bags (provided by Big Y supermarkets). To participate, visit the Big Y Locations below (and check out the holiday concert series they’re hosting as well):
Big Y World Class Market locations: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• December 10th – Meriden, CT
• December 11th – Enfield, CT
• December 17th – West Hartford, CT
• December 18th – Rocky Hill, CT
Holiday Concert Events: 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
96.5 TIC All Star Christmas – December 1st, Location: Toyota presents the Oakdale Theater, Wallingford, CT
Hot 93.7 Jingle Jam Concert – December 2nd, Location: XL Center, Harford, CT
Keep up with Amethyst Jeans on facebook for more info.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: amethyst jeans, cheap jeans, cyber monday, denim for men, denim on sale, Designer Denim, discount denim, discount jeans, food for fashion, kate middleton, replay and sons
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge looked to be in good spirits as they carried on their Canadian Tour, smiling and shaking hands (and racing in long boats as it were). This royal couple isn’t after the royal wardrobe, however—it seems like Kate Middleton loves something we can all relate to. She has ben seen wearing J Brand 811 Mid-Rise Skinny Pant in Navy Luxe Twill for three days in a row (packed light, we guess). On one occasion she paired her jeans with a silk button down blouse, and on the next she chose a classy blazer. Seeing as William first spotted Kate while she was walking in a college runway show, she seems to be into fashion, so it’s no surprise she’s so addicted to one of our favorite brands!
Tags: duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, J Brand Jeans, jean queen, kate middleton, kate middleton in j brand jeans, prince william kate middleton, royal canadian tour, royal denim fashion, skinny pant jeans
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. J Brand’s website has a new look, and features sections like a denim fit guide, “style notes”, and “J world”.
2. Kate Middleton was spotted boarding a sea plane in Canada. Kate was wearing a pair of dark wash denim jeans by J Brand.
3. Abercrombie & Fitch re-designs their jeans for 2012 (and they’re “so excited for you to get them on”.
4. AG Adriano Goldschmied has a new style—fire engine red jeans. If you’re into red jeans, you’ll probably want to look at this.
5. Motorcycle jeans are back in Balmain Resort 2012.
Tags: Abercrombie & Fitch, AG Adriano Goldschmied, balmain resort 2012, denim links, denim news, J Brand, kate middleton, red denim, red jeans, royal couple
When Kate Middleton and Prince William visits California in July, we hope Kate will try to blend in a bit by wearing her favorite pair of jeans. And what denim brand does she like? It appears Kate (aka Duchess Catherine) really loves her Hudson Jeans. Perhaps she loves the patriotic Union Jack label on the back, or that CEO Peter Kim founded Hudson based on British tailoring traditions. Whatever the reason, Kate looks great in her black skinny jeans.
Check out the video from recent Extra TV Royal Wedding coverage, featuring Duchess Catherine’s five favorite things, which include her Hudson Jeans! Ready to shop? Check out Hudson Jeans online.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: black hudson jeans, Hudson Jeans, kate middleton, kate middleton jeans, kate middleton pictures, kate middleton style, prince william kate middleton