Kate Hudson is not only a celebrity that we’d love to hang out with, but we want to steal her style too! We love her casual but fun outfit of red skinny jeans, nude crew neck sweater and Koolaburra fringe boots, but an outfit can’t go so well together without putting some thought into it! Lucky for you guys, we did the job for you! Check out how you can get Kate Hudson’s fab rainy day look below.
GET KATE’S LOOK…
1. A.P.C. Sailor Crewneck Pullover ($250) – buy it at La Garconne.
2. Guess Brittney Skinny Jeans ($98) – buy it at Lord &Taylor.
3. Koolaburra Savannity Fringe Boot ($300) – buy it at Revolve Clothing.
Images via Denimology.
Tags: A.P.C., chestnut boots, crew neck sweater, fringe boots, Guess, kate hudson, koolaburra, red jeans, skinny jeans
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. How skinny can you go? Apparently J Brand doesn’t think they’ve gone skinny enough. They’re now marketing their “instant classic”, the “Super Skinny Power Stretch”. Is this sexy, or just too tight?
2. Get ready to covet the next limited edition Chanel nail polish hue! They all seem like must-have’s, but this one has our office sprinting towards the pre-order line. They’re inspired by denim, and they’ll be available Sept 8th.
3. This just in… Kate Hudson has a great sense of humor. She was photographed photographing the paparazzi while they were stealing shots of her in (appropriately) Hudson jeans.
4. Check out this Levi’s UK “Go Forth” ad that was pulled off the air in light of the recent riots.
5. Patrick Schwarzenegger is modeling for Hudson Jeans—look up! Yes, that’s Arnold’s oldest son. You know what? good for him. We’re glad to see these kids making strides and carrying on with their careers and education despite the excessive negative media attention.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: chanel nail polish, denim links, denim nail polish, denim news, Hudson Jeans, J Brand, kate hudson, Patrick Schwarzenegger
Hollywood is experiencing a baby boom. We can’t name all the celebrity moms right now, because there are just too many this year! We did, however, pick out several stylish moms from the past year to present, for their daring denim looks that ranged from barely pregnant to “ready to pop.” Who rocked their celebrity mom look the best? Plus, we’ve provided pointers on how to extend the wear of your jeans from baby bump to the last weeks of pregnancy.
MATERNITY JEANS, FOUR STYLES
1. If you’re still in love with skinny jeans like veteran mom Victoria Beckham, then you won’t have to miss out: this stretchy maternity version with full-belly support keeps your denim in place. A blazer with fitted sleeves adds a slimming and polished touch. AG Jeans Secret Fit Belly™ skinny jeans ($165) – buy it at Destination Maternity.
2. A low rise jean with a belly band provides comfort and support, which you’ll need for the latter months. Paired with a fluid boxy tee, and you’ll be supermodel chic like Gisele in an instant! True Religion ‘Billy’ maternity straight leg jeans ($248) – buy it at Sierra Lane Maternity.
3. Baby it’s hot outside! First time moms-to-be Kimberly Stewart and Natalie Portman stay cool and breezy in their denim shorts. All you need is a tank top and a sheer Winter Kate cover up for that festival chic look. Joe’s Jeans Secret Fit Belly™ 5 pocket maternity shorts ($125) – buy it at Destination Maternity.
4. Jessica Alba and Kate Hudson like their wide leg jeans, and you will, too, with discreet side elastic panels. No matter what top you wear with your jeans, make sure it’s extra long to allow for optimum belly coverage. J Brand ‘The Love Story Maternity’ bell bottom ($195) – buy it at J Brand Jeans.
Still having a hard time finding the right pair of maternity jeans? For many women, it is still possible to wear regular jeans—particularly very low rise jeans—through the second trimester, as long as they’re still comfortable. After that, consider the Maternity Service by Denim Therapy ($60): turn your jeans into the perfect maternity jeans!
It’s a round-trip package: once the baby is born, Denim Therapy can turn your jeans back to the way they were. Learn more about the Denim Therapy Maternity Service.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: celebrity fashion, celebrity mothers, custom jeans, Gisele Bundchen, jeans therapy, Jessica Alba, kate hudson, Kimberly Stewart, maternity jeans, maternity style, mom jeans, Natalie Portman, pregnant, Victoria Beckham
Alissa Emerson and Valerie Feigen are the co-founders of EDIT the uber-chic townhouse boutique (designed by renowned architect Christopher Barriscale) on the Upper East Side in New York City. The store is undoubtedly perfectly edited from the selection of designers to the flooring. Alissa had previously owned the store Tuesday’s Child in Scarsdale. Valerie had been one of her best customers for many years (as well as her own experience as an analyst in the apparel sector for JP Morgan and Lehman Brothers, where she specialized in luxury brands), before they decided to open a store together. Their goal was to create a warm and inviting homelike feeling. One where customers would want to come ‘home’ weekly (and you certainly can buy all that you need in a one stop shop). There is a library upstairs where you can set your husband/boyfriend or the kids in front of a fireplace or pop in a video on the flat screen while you shop. The library overlooks a private garden which is ideal for hosting events. Adding to the homelike feel are the two resident dogs that seem to own the upstairs (basically you never want to leave because it’s better and probably bigger than your own residence). Denim Therapy had the opportunity to learn more about how to “edit” your wardrobe- Read on…
DT: Tell us a little bit about edit the store (townhouse)?
EDIT: The edit townhouse was designed to make clients feel like they are shopping in their best friend’s closet. Edit has a warm and inviting atmosphere where customers can feel at home and shop the top collections. Valerie and Alissa “edit” the seasons collections and fill the store with the best of the best. The edit shopping experience is luxurious and one every woman must experience!!
DT: What kinds of brands of denim do you carry?
EDIT: J Brand, AG, Current Elliot, Genetic
DT: Do you have any specific style\brand\trend of jean that you love?
EDIT: Valerie wears a straight leg or skinny, and Alissa is a 70s flare die-hard. For spring, we love clean trouser jeans with a flare. We’re all about polished denim, like Derek Lam’s spring collection, and would pair these tailored pieces with a platform heel.
DT: How do you wear denim (is there any specific category denim falls into)? Casual? Day to night? Where would you be going wearing denim?
EDIT: We wear our denim all ways!! Casual, day to night…with heels, boots and flats. We could be going to a fun downtown dinner or an uptown lunch. Denim has become seriously versatile, from distressed to minimal-chic.
DT: Who is your typical client?
EDIT: Our typical client is one who loves to where denim in all ways. With a great tee or an amazing top and blazer.
DT: Where do you see the future of denim headed to?
EDIT: Denim is becoming more tailored and dressed up, from trouser jeans to trench coats and chic blazers. It’s 70s styles rendered more clean and modern, paired with blousy tops and platform heels.
DT: Any (denim) style/muse you admire?
EDIT: Jane Birkin and Kate Hudson’s look in Almost Famous
Visit the Edit Boutique or shop online but just do it and we promise you won’t regret those credit card bills.
1368 Lexington Avenue (near 91st Street), New York City
– Jackie Racer
Tags: 70's style, AG, Almost Famous, current elliot, Derek Lam, edit, flare, Genetic, jane birkin, JBrand, kate hudson, New York, SHOPPING, skinny jeans, straight leg, townhouse