We’re always on the lookout for some stellar celeb looks, but we never have to look farther than these next few broads. Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, Ali Larter, Kate Bosworth and Miley Cyrus are some leading ladies whose closets we’d like to raid. Skinnies, shorts and colored denim never looked so chic for just a casual stroll through the streets.
Many celebs partake in questionable dressing, but we believe in rewarding the ones who look good and taking fashion cues from them. In the pursuit of collecting style inspiration, we rounded up nine fresh denim outfits we adore. From Zoe Saldana’s classic neutral look to Ashley Tisdale’s boho-infused styling, each lady wears radically different denim pieces, paired uniquely to fit own individual style (while looking super-cute). Phew, no sartorial clones here!
1. Clean, classic, and simple. Zoe Saldana makes neutrals work in her favor with a black, white, and nude look, anchored together by Rag & Bone’s Leggings in Midnight.
2. This ombre shirt? Oh, how daring! Of course Kate Bosworth pulls off 7 for All Mankind’s Denim Button Down Shirt, with a smattering of her trademark vintage-y accessories.
3. With her Current/Elliot Floral Skinny Jeans, Katie Holmes utilizes the printed denim trend in a look well-suited for a busy lady on the go. To make this slightly girly outfit even more denim-friendly, she throws a denim shirt atop her floral jeans. We approve.
4. Brazilian model Ana-Beatriz Barros perfects polished weekend looks with J Brand Leather Leggings in Red. The textural contrast of her coated denim jeans against a mohair sweater proves that opposites attract to create truly interesting outfits.
5. Just like the flavor of its namesake, mint-colored denim is oh-so-refreshing and big this season. Aided by the graphic stripes of her shirt, Ali Larter looks mod with her Black Orchid Jeans in Mint Julep. We’d all be so lucky to look this good while picking up our Special K.
6. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley epitomizes model-off-duty city wear in her Etoile Isabel Marant Adam jeans (try these Cheap Monday Narrow Jeans for a similar look), oversize knit sweater, chunky suede booties, and wake-me-up coffee fix. Even if you’re not a model, this super-cozy outfit is super chill.
7. Ombre hair might be too wild for your taste, but you easily can achieve boho-tinged style by rocking loose, distressed jeans (like Theyskens’ Theory boyfriend-fit). Take styling cues from Ashley Tisdale, who wears her All Saint’s drop-crotch jeans with a floppy hat, fringe boots, and bright red bag.
8. You know how we feel about Jessica Alba‘s colored denim collection, and we are big fans of this hot mama’s weekend look. She wears a pair of Kate Spade Broome Street Jeans, but we’ve pinpointed a pair of SOLD Spring Street Red Skinny jeans that would look equally cute for a colorful day at the playground as out on the town.
9. For the launch of Chinese Laundry Denim, Shenae Grimes wore a denim jacket from the line with a pair of harem pants and a bra top. We give her props for exposing her midriff in a trendy and cute way, without being too revealing. The key is in that denim jacket! You can’t find the one she’s wearing in stores yet, but this Heritage 1981 Zip Up Denim Jacket will work to the same effect.
Tags: ali larter, ana-beatriz barros, Ashley Tisdale, coated jeans, floral jeans, Jessica Alba, Kate Bosworth, Katie Holmes, mint green jeans, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, shenae grimes, Zoe Saldana
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Next celebrity fashion line to watch out for? Kate Bosworth‘s new denim collaboration with her stylist, Cher Coulter. Their jewelry collaboration, JewelMint, has been a huge success, so keep this denim line on your radar!
2. The collaboration between Lane Crawford and Japanese label White Mountaineering is limited mainly to Hong Kong and Beijing distribution, but the awesome Black Dyed Denim Shirt from the limited production run can be purchased via Lane Bryant starting at the end of January.
3. Versace goes wild and glamorous like nobody’s business, and the label’s fall 2012 menswear collection is no different, featuring jeans covered in large golden rivets, jackets accented with neon fur, and half-denim, half-leather hybrid pants. Check out the full collection here.
4. adidas Originals is set to launch their spring/summer 2012 Blue Collection, a line that (naturally) revolves around navy and indigo hues, with tons and tons of denim in the mix. Just our style!
5. You’ve already seen the leaked images from Rihanna’s latest Armani Jeans campaign, but clearer shots have been released–and we’re loving her striped, denim high-waist shorts.
Tags: Adidas Originals, black denim, denim shirt, Hudson Jeans, Kate Bosworth, Versace
Missed out on any of our stellar denim coverage this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. Current/Elliott’s Spring Lookbook Is A Retro Delicacy—Designing a collection with flawless retro edge wasn’t enough for Current/Elliott. To feed our nostalgic cravings for all things vintage, they put together a spring lookbook that wraps up the aura of ’50s pin-up charm deliciously… Keep Reading! ?
2. London Fashion Week Denim Street Style—Roving photographer Tommy Ton is back in action across the pond at London Fashion Week for Style.com, capturing all the street style drama outside the shows… Keep Reading! ?
3. Kate Bosworth Covers Nylon Magazine’s March Issue—Kate Bosworth graces the cover of Nylon Magazine’s March 2011 issue, lavished in various fashion caviar: an Isabel Marant sweater and pink denim shorts ensemble (the cover look), Chanel shoes, Fendi skirt, Missoni wrap, Moschino Cheap & Chic sweater—need we go on?… Keep Reading! ?
4. Demi Moore in Levi’s Jeans… Guess Which Curve ID!—It’s no secret that we’re fans of Levi’s CURVE ID jeans, and we love seeing major Hollywood starlets like Demi Moore getting in on the action. Get her look!… Keep Reading! ?
5. AG Jeans Short Film Makes Denim-Designing Look Sexy—Ever wonder what guys think about in bed? If they’re denim experts, they’re probably fitting you for jeans and you don’t even know it! …Or so AG Jeans would like us to believe… Keep Reading! ?
6. Copenhagen Style: Samsoe & Samsoe Spring 2011—Although we had been busily hitting the streets in Los Angeles and New York City to drool over denim brands at the various trade shows and Fashion Weeks here in the States, we couldn’t leave out a really cool Danish brand, Samsoe & Samsoe… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: AG Jeans, best denim blog, best denim posts, Current/Elliott, denim news, Kate Bosworth, Levi’s CURVE ID jeans, London Fashion Week, nylon magazine, Samsoe & Samsoe, Tommy Ton
Kate Bosworth graces the cover of Nylon Magazine’s March 2011 issue, lavished in various fashion caviar: an Isabel Marant sweater and pink denim shorts ensemble (the cover look), Chanel shoes, Fendi skirt, Missoni wrap, Moschino Cheap & Chic sweater—need we go on? The mag goes for the “music festival” vibe (think Coachella), which we think works for this part-time tomboy, part-time Red Carpet glamour queen.
See the full interview and editorial at Nylon Magazine.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Celebrity, denim shorts, Isabel Marant, Kate Bosworth, music festival style, nylon magazine, pink denim, spring fashion