Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Go behind the seams…er, scenes, with Edwin Japan‘s new short film, in which the denim company pays homage to the beauty of jean production, from washing to construction, against beautiful scenes from Japan.
2. Photographer Karlheinz Weinberger spent his early years photographing American-obsessed Swiss youth in the 1950s and now the Swiss Institute in New York is publishing Jeans. The posthumous tome is aptly named, featuring blue jean-wearing teenage boys in the streets, factories, and industrial warehouses–a sign of their rebellion in a conservative, post-war world. Check out images from the book and an interview with one of the editors, Gianni Jetzer, here.
3. Face of DKNY Jeans, actress Ashley Greene, wears awesome graphic, printed jeans in new images from her spring 2012 campaign. We’re loving the mad mix of patterns.
4. Cimarron Jeans has been around for over thirty years, but they’ve recently focused on providing tons of color options–seventy, to be exact–under the helm of Benjamen and Michael Djeribi. The brand has released this cool image, a gradient of all your hue options in one space. Take your pick!
5. The new year may have started, but we haven’t forgotten 2011 (yet). According to Advertising Age, Rihanna’s Armani Jeans ad campaign was voted the sexiest of the year. You can’t deny there’s something seriously smoking about skinny jeans, a leather jacket, and RiRi. It’s not rocket science.
Tags: Americana style, armani jeans campaign, Ashley Greene, cimarron jeans, colored jeans, DKNY Jeans, edwin japan, karlheinz weinberger, rihanna