We’ll be honest, we wear denim cut-off’s all year round. With a cute pair of tights and some fresh kicks, you have no excuse to push your jean shorts into a “summer” box and stuff them under your bed. But it’s true that there’s a certain magic that comes with the season of Daisy Duke‘s, and while there are still a few humid, sunny days left in the August-to-September transition, it’s a good idea to get the most out of them. We’ve put together three outfits we adore for some summer denim inspiration. Go forth, and wear denim shorts!
Check out these three denim-shorts-loving looks below…
Look 1: Bohemian Babe
1. Zadig & Voltaire Cream Drama racer tank ($105) – buy it at My Wardrobe.
2. Willow under-wired corset ($495) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
3. Siwy Alexa cut-off shorts ($195) – buy them at American Rag.
4. Kate Spade ‘Cut To The Chase’ bib necklace ($148) – buy it at Kate Spade.
5. Mia Limited Edition Spartan Sandal ($119.95) – buy them at DSW.
Look 2: Cafe Crawler
1. Helmut Lang cotton-blend chambray shorts ($110 on sale) – buy them at The Outnet.
2. Karen Walker Eyewear ‘Patsy’ sunglasses ($180) – buy them at La Garconne.
3. Coral pearl embellished crop top ($69) – buy it at Miss Selfridge.
4. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Mariel’ wedge sandal ($110) – buy them at Nordstrom.
5. CC Skye ‘Natalie’ bracelet in neon pink & yellow ($105) – buy it at Stefani Bags.
Look 3: Festival-Chic
1. Sam & Lavi pink ‘Kelsie’ tank ($55) – buy it at Les Pomettes.
2. Ksubi ‘Alberceque’ cut-off shorts ($169) – buy them at American Rag.
3. G by GUESS ‘Bloom’ lace bandeau top ($13) – buy it at Guess.
4. Gold cross double ring ($11) – buy it at Dorothy Perkins.
5. Diesel ‘Exposure’ High-top denim sneakers ($140) – buy them at Ssense.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim cut off shorts, Diesel, G by Guess, Helmut Lang, Jean Shorts, jeffrey campbell, Karen Walker, Kate Spade, Ksubi, short shorts, Siwy Denim, summer denim, vintage denim
KSUBI++ Super Skinny Zip jean in Stainless, available at MYCATWALK.
NOBODY 70s Slim Bootleg Jean, available at MYCATWALK.
Finally, we Yanks can shop Aussie style via MyCatwalk, a new international e-commerce site based in Australia. The site is so new that some items are not yet in stock, namingly, the Chronicles of Never inventory. However, I can still get Nobody jeans, peruse through their lot of Ksubi jeans, as well as other hot non-Australian denim labels such as Nudie jeans. And you know what, the prices are what you might find in any U.S. site.
In case you may be wondering, MyCatwalk also stocks items from its neighbors, so you can shop Kiwi style — like Karen Walker of New Zealand — as well. Keep an eye out for new designers to be added to MyCatwalk’s online inventory. I’m sure there are tons of up-and-coming Australian denim labels just waiting to be included.
For a limited time, take advantage of free shipping to the U.S. Now that’s Australian for a good deal.
– Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Australian denim, Chronicles of Never, Karen Walker, Ksubi, Nobody Jeans, Nudie Jeans