Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Our friend & fellow denim-lover Per Magnusson (CEO of the US division of Swedish-born d.brand jeans) was featured on the Daily Single yesterday, where he talks about growing up in the Swedish countryside, what’s in his closet, and how he ended up playing such a huge role in the d.brand story.
2. Converse is releasing a denim shoes line—it’s called the Chuck Taylor All Star Denim Pack, and while each style may have a different fabrication, every shoe has its own unique denim wash. Gift idea? You bet! You might have to leave an IOU under the tree though, because they don’t hit stores until January.
3. In this interview with Donna Ida of Ida boutiques London (home of the denim clinic), she reveals her favorite cut in jeans, which trade shows she frequents, and that her go-to jeans are Paige Verdugo skinnies.
4. Haute Look is having a sale on Not Your Daughter’s Jeans right now, with prices marked down around 40%.
5. If you’re a fan of destroyed denim, check out Bosnian-born Kao Pao Shu (currently residing in Santa Monica, CA). Their limited edition denim line features plenty of strategically placed rips and tears, and will be available in CA in the new year.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: chuck taylor all star denim pack, d.brand, donna ida interview, kao pao shu, paige verdugo skinny jeans, per magnusson