Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Despite the drama surrounding boy wonder Justin Bieber as of late, he seems to be keeping it cool in terms of attire. He was spotted in an Acne denim jacket recently that we think makes him look (slightly) more grown up.
2. James Franco is slated to shoot and direct the next 7 For All Mankind campaign, which would make him… the most accomplished sexy young man in Hollywood? Yeah, we think that sounds about right.
3. We love a well-placed back pocket detail on men’s jeans. It’s easy to go wrong with pockets, but the white stripes on this pair of Momotaro medium wash jeans is spot-on.
4.We’re all fawning over this review of the Mih Jeans Marrakesh Kick Flares in black velvet in the office this morning. These look like some seriously comfy (and stylish) fall jeans.
5. Naked & Famous guru Brandon Svarc visits the GQ fashion closet and talks about the craziest jeans he’s designed so far. Glow in the dark, anyone?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, acne denim jacket, Brandon Svarc, denim review, GQ, James Franco, justin bieber, Mih Jeans Marrakesh Kick Flare, Naked & Famous
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Yes, Justin Bieber wore a Levi’s denim vest & Balmain jeans to the BET Awards show in LA. No, we couldn’t bring ourselves to dedicate a whole post to him.
2. We found the perfect bag for you to wear with your medium-wash flare leg jeans this summer… and it’s made by B?ta!
3. Grassroots label “Another Shirt Please” is changing the way men shop for their threads (and the packaging is right up our alley).
4. One blogger gets up close and personal with a pair of Sunburst Selvedge jeans by Left Field Jeans (and he sure does love his selvedge).
5. WWD cover yesterday featured a design for the royal newly-weds William & Kate (who’ll be visiting LA soon) by 7 For All Mankind! Scroll down to see the full image.
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, balmain jeans, BET awards, Béta, justin bieber, left field jeans, levi's denim vest, perfect summer bag, royal couple, selvedge jeans, william and kate, WWD