Welcome to your afternoon dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. The biggest news in the industry today? Justin Bieber wears women’s jeans. We don’t blame him, really. More colors, more cuts, more sex appeal!
2. And now for some actual news. Earnest Sewn has hired their original designer, Benjamin Talley Smith as their new Creative Director! A man with serious experience, he’s consulted for brands like Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, Evisu and 3×1. Good things on the horizon!
3. Eat Sleep Denim interviewed one of our favorite bloggers, A Sequined Dress At Breakfast, about her denim habits.
4. Atrium’s Sam Ben-Avraham‘s sentiments about denim reflect our own: “Denim is a fabric that has soul. It gets better with time, and it’s a reflection of you. Everything in your closet comes and goes, but the same jeans stay for 10 years.” (Source)
5. Go behind the scenes of Diesel Black Gold and find out what kind of madness was happening before the metallic denim looks hit the runway.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: benjamin talley smith, Diesel Black Gold, Earnest Sewn, justin beiber, metallic denim, Sam Ben-Avraham, women's jeans