In the past few weeks, we’ve seen a huge spike in the prevalence of tie-dye denim, from Rihanna to Kate Beckinsale and even our favorite denim trend-setter, Jessica Alba and all over the street style circuit. Companies like J Brand, Hudson, Earnest Sewn, and even Zara all have tie-dye in their spring and summer lines. But what if you just want to turn your already favorite pair of jeans into a tie-dye dream? You can! Denim Therapy’s expert tie-dye and bleaching service can flawlessly customize your jeans.
—Sarah Greene & Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: bleach denim, Denim Therapy, dye denim, dye jeans, Jessica Alba, re-dye jeans, rihanna, tie dye jeans
It’s not even June and the smokin’ celebrity beach photos (like our favorite jean minx, Jessica Alba) are already all over the tabloids, and we know how influential those photos can be. You’ve probably been working out all summer in preparation for your bathing suit debut, right? And, while you know you’ll be able to squeeze that tight little thing into a skimpy bikini, you may be worrying how your summer figure will work with all of your non-beach clothes. That’s where we come in! Denim Therapy will resize your jeans to fit you like a glove — it can be as simple as a waist cinching to a full-on refitting. And it’s often cheaper than buying new jeans! Give it a shot!
Tags: denim repair specialist, denim tailor, Denim Therapy, jean resizing, Jessica Alba, jessica alba beach body, jessica alba bikini, jessica alba colored denim, summer fashion
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Mother Denim has released a new style—it’s called the Prep trouser, which comes in key fits the Looker, the Curfew, or the Crop Runway. Grab them for $185.
2. Speaking of new styles, Joe’s Jeans has also released a new future-best-seller: red drawstring denim shorts with a front lace-up feature.
3. Jessica Alba demonstrates an amazing sense of color palette coordination in this outfit, utilizing a pair of Nobody Denim Mod skinny jeans in Amber. It’s so rare that celeb shots are actually stylish! Well played, J.
4. GQ has a four page article up on the history of the menswear blogging movement (for which their records date back about 12 years).
5. Honeysuckle has been ousted as the favorite color of the people (and more importantly, the fashion world). Last week, Pantone named Tangerine Tango the 2012 Color Of The Year. We guess Maria Menounos knew this already.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 2012 color of the year, colored denim, GQ Magazine, honeysuckle, Jessica Alba, Joe's Jeans, menswear blog, mother denim, pantone, prep trouser, red shorts, skinny jeans, tangerine tango
A stroll past the Paige windows in Soho, NYC (can you believe we were even out strolling in the midst of snow-pocalypse?) revealed a fun spread of celebrity gossip-esque magazines opened to pages full of the rich and the famous going about their business in Paige denim. Rockstars, actresses, and socialites alike were featured in the glossy window display–Kate Moss, Jessica Alba, and Gwen Stefani were just a few babes we spotted. We thought this tactic a rather clever way to keep the street cred levels high…
Stay tuned for more denim window shopping!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: celebrity gossip, glossies, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, Kate Moss, magazines, nyc, Paige Denim, paige usa, soho, window shopper