Photos by Raffael Flores-Contreras.
Like most girls who grew up in the 90s, Gwen Stefani still holds a very special place in our hearts, much like the plaid punk rock pants she used to rock on stage with belly shirts and wallet chains. Now’s your chance to recapture some of that badass style in a more refined way: Topshop’s denim plaid leggings are perfect for wearing under a big chunky sweater or styling with a tailored blazer and heels.
Block Check Denim Leggings in Blue / Block Check Denim Leggings in Red
Love this trend? Could live without it? Let us know on facebook or twitter.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: colored denim, denim leggings, fall fashion, jeggings, plaid jeans, plaid pants, punk rock style, Topshop
As you may recall, Paige Denim has a new look and they’ve launched so many great styles for Spring 2012, including their trademark Paige Blue hue. Our writer Kathy, isn’t used to wearing a lot of bright colors, but her favorite color happens to be blue, so she gave the Verdugo Ultra Skinny Legging in Paige Blue a shot. See her review of the style below.
What was your first thought when you tried them on?
They fit really well on me and surprisingly, for a denim legging, I loved that it sort of gives me a lift, if you know what I mean.
Where/when would you wear these?
They’re very comfortable and I see so many possibilities with them. You can wear them with a bright top for a daytime street style look, or you can go rocker with a black leather jacket and boots for an evening out in Hollywood. I’m excited to see more jeans styles made in Paige Blue!
How’s the fit?
I love the fact that the jeans didn’t choke my knees, and the inseam (at 30″) is perfect for flats or ankle boots. The jeans feel really soft and there’s just enough stretch for mobility; and, it recovers to keep everything in its place.
Love these jeans? Grab your pair of The Paige Verdugo Ultra Skinny Legging jean in Paige Blue ($179) at Paige online or similar colors at REVOLVE Clothing. Jeans courtesy of Paige.
Tags: denim leggings, denim review, jeggings, Paige Blue, Paige Denim, petite jeans, skinny jeans
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. We’re psyched about this recent Tenue de Nîmes x Momotaro collaboration – they’re running a super-limited number (17 pairs) of 12oz sulphur jeans from 20-year-old dead stock. In multi-count yarn with irregular thicknesses, the grey fabric symbolizes the early 1900s and will take on fantastic contrast the more the jeans are worn.
2. We’re completely obsessed with this ASOS pussy bow denim workshirt—a super femine take on a classic staple. Imagine this with a breezy pastel skirt for spring!
3. Rag & Bone released new zip leggings with a 6″ inseam zipper. Shown here, black coated “seal” wash. Coming soon to retail!
4. Worth a read: the “Tomboy Style: Beyond the Boundaries of Fashion” Book was released by Rizzoli, showcasing bold boyish style (and attitude). “Tomboys are confident, rebellious, and adventurous. They are bold, brazen, fierce—and sexy.”
5. NYC shoppers, heads up! Starting today, A|X Armani Exchange will launch its first-ever A|X PopDown Shop at the Flatiron store at 129 5th Ave (located on the lower level). Up to 40% off ! This is an exclusive women’s only sale 0n dresses, denim, accessories and outerwear. Full deets below:
March 19th – April 20th, 2012Open Monday – Sunday, 9:00am – 9:30pm
Store Hours: 9:00am – 9:30pm
A|X Flatiron Store129 5th Avenue (at 20th St.)Lower Level
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Armani Exchange Sale, denim workshirt, jeggings, Momotaro, pussy bow, rag & bone, Tenue De Nîmes, Tomboy Style: Beyond the Boundaries of Fashion
H.A-67 is releasing some classics and some new styles for spring 2012 in both the men’s and women’s range. The guys in our office have been wearing their H.A-67 men’s jeans for about a year now, and have had good experiences with the fit, the comfort level, and overall versatility. With classic and novelty washes, there’s something for everyone here.
Women’s styles below:
Men’s styles below:
Click through to see more new styles (and the jegging collection in colored denim for women).
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: colored denim, H.A-67, HA-67, jeggings, men's jeans, mens denim, Spring Summer 2012, stone wash, women's jeans
Need a stretch-denim jean that’s going to work with your wardrobe this fall and holiday season? One festive selection we adore are these gorgeous picks from Rag & Bone, suited to be cozy enough to cuddle up on the couch in, and fresh enough for your holiday party circuit! All are skinny silhouettes in rich autumn and winter hues, like plum and wine. For the more adventurous gal, the galaxy print is your new BFF.
1. Rag & Bone Legging in Galaxy ($176) – buy it at Rag & Bone.
2. Rag & Bone Skinny Jean in Plum ($176) – buy it at Rag & Bone.
3. Rag & Bone Skinny Jean in Wine ($165) – buy it at Rag & Bone.
Love these jeans? Let us know how you would style them on our facebook page!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim leggings, fall fashion, galaxy print, holiday jeans, jeggings, rag & bone, skinny jeans, universe print, what to wear, winter fashion
We are happy to report that after looking at the Denimocracy Spring/Summer 2012 lookbook, you will all be pleased! Brands don’t always cater to more than one type of customer, but by offering both jeggings and real denim in this line, what is not to love? While of course we’re big fans of the actual denim pieces (especially those light-wash flares!), we think the jeggings are the standout items for this collection. The paint-splattered design as well as the white jeggings with a colorful flower print really let you have fun while looking your best, and that is definitely always a nice thing to be able to do. Keep an eye out for it at Denimocracy.
Images via Denimology.
Tags: cuffed jeans, Denimocracy, jeggings, light wash denim, spring fashion, summer fashion
The “It” legging of the winter is here, so start the wheels turning on all the ways you’re going to rock this beauty. J Brand’s 801 In Snow Leopard legging is a mid-rise, cotton/spandex legging with some serious feline appeal. The snow leopard color scheme will look super slick when it’s snowing outside and you’re prancing along the sidewalk in winter boots and giant furry hat. Since the print is playful, you can pull these off for a hot cocoa date with your girlfriends, and right out to the club (just throw on some patent leather wedges). Versatility, we adore. We dare say they even make a tempting option for NYE party attire!
We’re cooking up a few fun ways to style these babies, but in the mean time, get yourself a pair at J Brand for $209!
Tags: 801 In Snow Leopard, animal print, J Brand Jeans, j brand leggings, jeggings
“Now when I walk down Fifth Avenue in the summertime I just want to throw up. It seems that the fatter and uglier people are, the fewer clothes they wear. The shorts and flip-flops and tight jeans on butts that go from here to Poughkeepsie.” She shudders. “I always say they should put people in jail for wearing clothes like that. Especially stretch jeans over size 10–they should be outlawed. Ten years ago people were starting to look like slobs in New York, now it’s an epidemic.” (Via Fashionista)
Be careful jeggings lovers! There’s no guarantee Iris won’t pay off the NYPD to do her bidding and throw all of you super-stretch faux-jeans wearers in the slammer.
Tags: iris apfel, jeggings, quote, stretch denim
Remember our summer post featuring Jamie Chung in her David Kahn Jeans? Not to be the one-hit wonder of the denim industry, they just released a yummy collection of jeans for Holiday 2011. Whether you’re looking for the right skinny jean to make that grand entrance at the next office party, or simply a pair of denim leggings that will amp up your chic party girl quotient (while allowing room for all the bar food and liquid bread you desire), David Kahn seems to have jeans for women who want to hit the social scenes in style this fall-winter, be it uptown or downtown.
Throw on a shimmery blouse or graphic white shirt, statement jewelry and heels, and you’ll be able to knock ‘em dead come fall.
1. Wear statement jewelry to add some edge to your sleek skinny jeans. Kali Butterfly Long Confetti Chainmail Necklace ($90) – buy it at Etsy.
2. Balance your look. Go dressy on top, but be comfortable (but sexy!) on bottom. Zara Sequinned Top ($89.90) buy it at Zara online.
3. A white tee or tank will go with everything. Try a shirt with a whimsical design. Simeon Farrar for Japan Kate Mouse Cotton Teeshirt ($80) buy it at Net-A-Porter.
4. Eyes down, fellas! Sparkly shoes are perfect party conversation pieces. Zara Glitter Peeptoe ($89.90) – buy it at Zara online.
5. Get tough grrrl chic. ELISANERO Sling Belt Bootie ($538) – buy it at OAK.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: David Kahn Holiday 2011 Lookbook, david kahn jeans, denim leggings, jeans fo clubbing, jeans for parties, jeggings, skinny jeans