There’s a new brand of denim in town, and they’re talking big. AYR features brand director Maggie Winter (formerly of J.Crew) and design director Jacqueline Cameron (of Calvin Klein/Madewell), which already has the DT team’s collective eyebrow raised. These ladies have worked with brands whose reputations for good looking, well-fitting jeans have many women salivating for each release, so they must be cooking up something good.
Aside from their denim offerings, the brand is committed to delivering on must-have wardrobe essentials year-round: the building blocks that ensure you always have a favorite go-to piece at hand. They’re launching in spring 2014, and we’ll be waiting.
Tags: buy jeans online, Calvin Klein Jeans, denim that fits, j.crew denim, jeans that fit, madewell jeans, skinny jeans, womens jeans
While denim shopping, keep this tip in mind: When you’re trying jeans on, it’s good to have a bit of room in the waistband. No one likes red marks from jeans that have been digging into their skin after a couple hours of sitting down (or even walking).
Insert two fingers between your skin and the waistband. If you can fit two, it’s a good fit. If you can fit your whole hand, they’re too big. If you can’t even fit one, they’re not the right jeans.
Denim shopping tip c/o Donna Ida, the UK’s resident denim expert!
Image by Raffael Flores-Contreras.
Tags: denim shopping, fit guide, jeans shopping, jeans that fit, perfect fit jeans, Shopping tips
“If you can track down the perfect pair of jeans for your figure and a handful of T-shirts that fit you well, you’ll have made a serious dent in building your ideal wardrobe. There’s really nothing that will serve as a better foundation for putting together great outfits.” —Lauren Conrad, from her book Lauren Conrad Style.
Tags: denim jeans, expert advice, jeans that fit, lauren conrad, skinny jeans, style tip, t-shirt, wardrobe foundation, what to wear
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. What if finding the perfect pair of jeans was as easy as getting a body scan? Acustom is the the denim line belonging to the latest brand promising custom jeans through this method—Fitted Fashion. The Soho NYC design studio, aiming to be a platform for companies to provide custom clothing to their clients, will open in early 2012.
2. We love this post—confession of the worst jeans bloggers around the blogosphere have ever owned.
3. Diesel is re-launching their womenswear collection with a new design team, headed by Heikki Salonen. The line will be aimed at women ages 25-35 and see improved silhouettes. Sounds good to us!
4. Rockstar Denim opened a store in Paris, in the 7th District at 7 Rue de Grenelle, opposite the Christian Louboutin boutique. So, if you’re in the area, be sure to stop by and grab some cool denim and t-shirts.
5. Tired of looking at stick-thin girls in jeans, trying to figure out what will look good on your fabulous curves? Check out Girls With Curves for photos of a gorgeous gal above size 30, looking fly in varied denim styles.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Acustom, Christian Louboutin, Diesel, Fitted Fashion, Girls With Curves, Heikki Salonen, jeans that fit, perfect fit, plus size denim, Rockstar Denim, the worst jeans, womenswear collection
Welcome to your evening dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. We’re loving this vintage OshKosh B’Gosh tag that shows different men’s size overalls—you can’t really call a size “short and fat” anymore. (P.S. This blog post at Rawr Denim is a thorough look at raw denim from a fashion vs. utility perspective).
2. There are only three pairs of jeans left from the CLOSED x Denimology for Japan jeans collection. If you favor bleach-splattered, rock’n'roll denim, check them out.
3. Check out these five in-demand Canadian denim brands, including Fidelity and Naked & Famous.
4. Fashionista dubs the G-Star 3301 series the “perfect pair of classic jeans” for their fit, versatility, and high quality.
5. Joe’s Jeans is releasing 55 colors of their classic skinny fit, which means you can own a pair of jeans to wear for every different mood you find yourself in. We’ll show you the full spectrum tomorrow morning!
—Michelle Christina Larsen & Jackie Racer
Tags: Canadian denim brands, CLOSED x Denimology, fidelity, G-Star Raw, japan benefit, jeans that fit, Joe's Jeans, Naked & Famous, perfect jeans, raw denim, vintage OshKosh B'Gosh
It’s time for our first giveaway of autumn! We’ve hooked up with Marc Allison jeans (who we introduced you to this past summer with our Q&A) to give you a pair of chic baby blue’s for fall. Priding themselves on being “the next generation in premium denim”, Marc Allison features four-way-fit stretch jeans made with Supima cotton that make for a fit you’ll never forget. Movement and comfort are off the charts when you pull on a pair of MA’s, and you can wear them all week without getting that worn, stretched-out denim effect. It’s time to claim your own!
1. Like Denim Therapy on facebook & follow Denim Therapy on Twitter.
2. Like Marc Allison Jeans on facebook & follow Marc Allison Jeans on Twitter.
3. Comment on this post with your email, and tell us what you love about the cut of these jeans!
How would you wear them? Where would you go in them? What favorite piece in your closet would be perfect to style them with? Anything goes!
Entries close on Saturday, September 10th—so don’t wait!
Marc Allison “Gina mid-rise slim boot cut jeans in black wash. Available in sizes 24-32.
Details: 8.25″ front Rise; 13.25″ Back Rise; 34″ Inseam; 16″ Leg Opening; 73% Supima Cotton/27% Elestrell-p X-Fit.
Winner will be chosen at random from the comments that fulfill the above guidelines. We’ll announce the winner on Monday, September 12th.
Contest open to U.S. Residents only.
Questions? Email us!
—DT Staff & Marc Allison Jeans
Tags: denim contest, denim giveaway, denim that fits, four way stretch, free jeans, jeans that fit, Marc Allison Jeans, perfect fit, stretch denim
Need a little more coverage in the muffin-top area? No shame in that! Levi’s Curve ID has released a pair of jeans with a slightly raised waistline—a new fit called the Classic Mid-Rise, offering a bit more coverage on top than the Modern Low Rise. If there’s one thing we’re strictly against (with the rest of the stylishly conscious population) it’s the back of the hips overflowing (not a good look), so if you’re finding yourself a bit strained after a long winter of gorging, adopt a pair of these while you’re toning back down. You’ll be glad you did!
Tags: Classic Mid-Rise Jeans, curve ID, jeans that fit, Levi's, Modern Low Rise, new denim fit, perfect fit
Waist too tight? Waist fits but doesn’t flatter? Waist gaps in the back? These are just some of the items Levi’s Curve ID jeans address so women can lay the fit issue to rest this spring. The key is their focus on the shape of a woman rather than her size (shop for jeans by number? Forget it, we know how frustrating that is). Check out their new manifesto for jeans that flatter and fit, and do it quick! They’re running a deal with free shipping on all Levi.com orders until 2/28, at 11:59 pm PT.
—Michelle Christina Larsen & Jackie Racer
Tags: denim sale, free shipping, jeans that fit, Levi's Curve ID, perfect fitting jeans, skinny jeans