We stopped by the Jean.Machine men’s denim launch party in Soho last night at Recess, which took place in the midst of a gallery opening for artist Greg Eason. The jeans were laid out on a table in the middle of the room. The walls were lined with framed illustrations and a projector screen played fast-forward video of Eason’s illustration process. The atmosphere? Laid back and classic-cool, just like Jean.Machine’s denim. The female counterpart to MiH, Jean.Machine was the “it” denim shop in the 70s, and its rebirth is a representation of the original customer: “The man who loves to wear jeans.”
The line is carefully edited to go-to staples in an array of versatile washes (as well as raw options), all with a comfortable hand. The jeans feature key details like unique coin pocket, 17mm silver and copper logo button, 0.8mm single stitch hem, and the iconic Jean Machine label. Within three months of launching, they’re seeing the beginnings of a cult following.
Check out our photos below, and see more photos on our facebook!
Visit Jean.Machine online to learn more! Eason, whose exhibition was a study in mortality, the apocalypse, and the Anthropocene, can be found online at Greg Eason.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: dark wash, Jean.Machine, Launch Party, men's jeans, mens denim, menswear, MiH Jeans, raw denim, soho
Are you a jean-wearing machine? Made in Heaven (MiH) has launched Jean.Machine, a new range of menswear, inspired by the original Jean Machine denim store, which experienced its heydays in 1970s London. Featuring slim and straight leg selvedge jeans for men based on clean lines and a tailored look, its luxurious-minimal designs caught the eye of MR PORTER (well-known for carrying jeans suitable for a denim
snob aficionado). A carefully-selected exclusive collection is now available at MR PORTER online, but you can view the entire line at thejeanmachine.com. Jeans range from $170 to $250, with denim jackets at $250.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Jean.Machine, jeans for men, MiH
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. We were highly amused by the Imogene + Willie newsletter this morning: “This jolly red corduroy Levi’s trucker jacket is identical to the one that Santa wears on his days off.”
2. Today’s the last day to get a big old heap of your holiday shopping done at Levi’s—their 25% off discount expires tonight at 11:59PM PT! Use code SHOP25 at checkout.
3. Jean Touitou talks with Dazed Digital on the second collaborative season between the A.P.C. and Carhartt.
4. MiH Jeans has announced the launch of Jean.Machine—premium British denim for men, also available at Mr. Porter.
5. We’re not even sure who would use this kind of thing, but we found denim-textured food service icons that are too charming to scroll past without at least slowing down for a look!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: A.P.C. and Carhartt, Dazed Digital, holiday shopping, jean touitou, Jean.Machine, levis jeans on sale, Levi’s trucker jacket, mens denim, MiH Jeans, Mr Porter