Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. A behind-the-scenes style video of James Franco‘s 7 For All Mankind ad campaign (more info here) shows him chasing west-coast frivolity across a dreamlike landscape, camera poised. Beach parties, girls kissing, balloons, sparklers, and jeans are the subject matter, and while that sounds like a peter pan syndrome-style birthday party, but the results are actually very enticing. Check it out here.
2. Hudson‘s Nico is now available in a psychedelic galactic-geometric oil spill print dubbed “Neb Nebula“. We’re obsessed (and we’ll show you how to wear it, so stay tuned).
3. Paige Denim is the latest to roll out the floral print denim for spring, introducing floral styles in cropped ankle skinny jeans, a skirt, and cut-off shorts.
4. Levi’s launched their first dedicated Made & Crafted shop in their San Francisco flagship, featuring knotted rugs made with old Levi’s jeans and a merchandised evolution of the 501 jean, from the 1800s moving forward. Sounds like a denim-head’s dream.
300 Post Street
(between Stockton St & Powell St)
San Francisco, CA 94108
5. Diesel Black Gold is opening a retail location of its own in Soho, to showcase the edgy line in an environment that resembles a chic soho loft. Natural light and hardwood floors are key elements int he atmosphere. The official opening is tomorrow, and you can find it at 68 Greene Street (near the Apple store).
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: diesel black gold soho, hudson jeans nico, james franco 7 for all mankind campaign, levi's made & crafted shop, levi's san francisco flagship, paige denim floral