“Wash is the first thing that attracts me to a pair of jeans. It’s a huge part of what I love about denim. Dark, saturated shades are pretty much what I wear day to day, however washed-out, powdery blues are so pretty, especially as the weather gets warmer.”
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. We’re loving this anecdote (thanks to Marc Allison Jeans for pointing this out): How NOT to hem your jeans. Need your favorite jeans hemmed? Send them to Denim Therapy, for denim’s sake!
2. Fidelity Denim‘s Dedicated Denim Jeans made it into the Time Do-Gooder present round-up for this holiday shopping season. Remember, all proceeds from the sales of this firey red jean are donated to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.
3. Jac Cameron of Madewell lets you into her closet and talks vividly of her mother’s vintage clothing collection, which inspires her style to this day. She rocks a pair of vintage Wrangler jeans that are totally all American, ripped at the knees, and worn in to perfection.
4. Guys, need to find your perfect fitting men’s jeans? The Levi’s Fit Spectrum promises to find you a pair of jeans that fit exactly how you want them to.
5. Tobi is having their big men’s denim online sale, with brands like 7 For All Mankind, Diesel, COMUNE, Citizens of Humanity, Agave, and more!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: agave denim, Citizens of Humanity, diesel on sale, Fidelity Denim, jac cameron, Madewell, Marc Allison Jeans, men's denim on sale, vintage denim jeans, Wrangler