Are you getting a little bit nervous about what to get your loved ones for the holidays? You don’t want to get them just anything, right? No need to fret. We’ve rounded up a several trusted denim-centric brands and retailers for your convenience. Save time and save money where you can. While this is not an exhaustive list, we hope this holiday shopping guide will help get you started. The next thing you have to worry about is whether you’re going to gift wrap them or gift bag them. Oh the conundrum.
Featured Above – On her: Tuxedo shirt and tap shorts. / On him: Sherpa Bedford Trucker Jacket and 508 Taper Cords.
7 For All Mankind – There’s an up to 70% off sale for men, women and kids jeans. Free shipping on all orders.
Gap – With so many stores and online shopping at your fingertips, it’s not hard to find a little something for everyone.
H&M – A great place to shop for a bargain, and where else could you find little kids a pair of affordable and stylish skinny jeans?
Hudson Jeans – They’re having a warehouse sale this weekend in Los Angeles. Based on prior sales, you are likely to nab all jeans under $100 and under $50.
J.Crew Factory – Jeans for men and women at under $50 a pop? Score. Enter XOFACTORY at checkout.
Levi’s – Here’s a trusted brand that is constantly evolving. Check out their gift guide for ideas under $100 and under $50! Save 20% off with code MUSTHAVE through December 5.
Mango – Go off the beaten path: we’re in love with Mango’s take on the motochic trend and denim jackets. Free shipping with orders over $50.
Nudie Jeans – Feel good about the jeans you buy. Get your loved ones some investment pieces that are not only nice, but are 100% organic.
Zara – Shop for denim and apparel for the entire family. Also shop Zara Home online. Free shipping and in-store pickup for some items.
Denim Therapy – You can also get the super handy gift card from Denim Therapy. Starting at $25, you could get that denim lover of yours an insurance card for the accidental snags, crotch blowouts and zipper breakages.
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, Gap, H&M, Hudson Jeans, J. Crew, Levi's, Mango, Nudie Jeans, Zara
Retailers have bumped up they’re Thanksgiving weekend-Black Friday-Cyber Monday sales this year, so you can start shopping for jeans on sale today. Score some great online and in-store deals from some favorite jeans shopping destinations. Check out what we’ve pulled from the interwebs!
Sales going on now:
7 For All Mankind – many jeans on sale now from $99 to $129.
Couture Candy – Save 22% now; enter THANKS22 at check out.
Diesel – Save 30% off.
Gap – Now through Saturday online, up to 60% off everything (through Sunday in store).
J.Crew – Save 25% off in store and online. Enter COLOR25 at check out.
J.Crew Factory – Enjoy 40% off everything, plus 15% off orders of $100+ with code GIVEANDGET.
John Varvatos – Men’s jeans are marked down up to 60% off.
Madewell – Save 25% off plus free shipping. Enter TREAT at check out.
Nordstrom – Jeans are 35% to %50 off.
Shopbop – Lots of jeans under $50.
Urban Outfitters – Most BDG jeans are $39. Hundreds of items under $100.
Begins on Black Friday:
AG Jeans – Save 50% on select styles, in-store and online. Sale ends on Sunday.
Earnest Sewn – 25% off in store and at earnestsewn.com (promo code: HOLIDAY25).
Urban Outfitters – Take an extra 50% off sale items – in store only.
Siwy Denim – Save 20% off online plus save 75% off on clearance items. Enter CYBER20 at check out.
Wasteland – Save 25% off online. Enter at checkout.
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, AG Jeans, bdg jeans, Black Friday Clothes Sale, Black Friday Sale, denim sale, Diesel, Earnest Sewn, Gap, J. Crew, jeans on sale, John Varvatos, Madewell, Siwy Denim
What, wear denim with your fancy schmancy Burberry trench coat? Yup. The luxury fashion brand has featured a mini-me version in the form of a very adorable Burberry Boy’s trenchcoat via their own Tumblr account, and we think it hits all the right posh-but-relaxed notes for adults as well. We just love the pops of classic color against a neutral base. Want to get the look? We found a couple of fashion finds for your consideration.
GET THE LOOK…
Starting with a trench coat as your base, try a bright colored shirt and colored jeans to offset against the khaki. Fun statement jewelry or a cross body bag completes the haute commuter look.
1. Belted Trench Coat 2. Zara Woman Denim Shirt 3. J. Crew Factory Ballet Flats
And for the kiddo…
1. Burberry Boy’s Trenchoat 2. J.Crew Boy’s Slim Fit Jeans 3. Zara Boy Denim Shirt
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Burberry, get the look, J. Crew, red jeans, Street Style, trench coats, what to wear with jeans, winter fashion, Zara
Oh, it’s a very happy hour! This fall, everyone has gone crazy over the jewel tone fashion trend, which means that colored jeans is sticking around for at least another season or two. Which is why we at Denim Therapy couldn’t be more happy than to embrace some retail therapy to get in on the colored denim train, all for under $100. Even better, we found really cute jeans for under $50. Paired against some neutral base, such as a white or black top, your jeans can take you places. Hurry… shop now to snag the deal and wear these babies next week!
Jeans Under $50
Factory Skinny Jean in Poppy / Factory Straight and Narrow Jean / Factory Skinny Jean in Jazzy Purple
Jeans Under $100
Free People Colored High Rise Skinny / SOLD Design Lab Skinnies / BLANKNYC Jeans in Pumpkin
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: BlankNYC, colored jeans, free people, green jeans, J Crew Factory, J. Crew, jewel tone jeans, narrow jeans, purple jeans, red jeans, skinny jeans, SOLD design lab, trendy jeans
As the male icons of denim history have shown us, there is nothing quite like a crisp pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Rolled up sleeves, tucked in or left out, whatever the case may be: this is a classic spring look for men of all trades. Check out these 9 fresh t-shirts we think will look perfect with the jeans you’re breaking in for spring.
1. J.Crew Slim Broken-in Pocket Tee ($25) – buy it at Mr. Porter.
2. Ted Baker London Graphic T-Shirt ($65) – buy it at Nordstrom.
3. Topman Off White Island Print Crew ($36) – buy it at Topman.
4. Durty Laundry The Sneaks Come Out at Night ($25) – buy it at Shoebacca.
5. Scotch & Soda Sun Faded Scoop Neck T-shirt ($72) – buy it at ASOS.
6. Topman Multi-Block Stripe Shirt ($52) – Buy it at Topman.
7. Marc by Marc Jacobs Lava-Print Jersey T-shirt ($68) – buy it at Mr. Porter.
8. River Island Dip Dye Contrast Pocket Crew Neck T-Shirt ($29) – buy it at ASOS.
9. AllSaints Earlwood Oversized Crew T-shirt ($65) – buy it at AllSaints.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: AllSaints, J. Crew, Marc by Marc Jacobs, men's jeans, menswear, Scotch & Soda, shopping guide, T shirts, Topman, what to buy, what to wear
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Where there’s a deal, there’s a denim head ready to add to their colored denim collection. Lucky Brand Jeans is ready to help brighten up your wardrobe with $20 off all colored denim.
2. Did you know J.Crew are knee-deep in the raw denim market? Or, at least shin-deep!
3. Amanda Seyfriend graces the cover of Glamour’s March issue in some Hudson skinnies. The vivacious blonde is also featured in J Brand x Christopher Kane’s daisy print shorts (inside the issue).
4. Free People’s Lace Print Cropped Skinny is on our list today. It’s an elegant approach to textured/printed jeans.
5. Check out Steven Alan’s FW’12 presentation at Selectism. Layered, functional sportswear for men & women with some strong pop colors & overall appealing silhouettes.
— Stephanie Powell
Tags: Amanda Seyfriend glamour magazine, colored denim, fall 2012, free people, Hudson Jeans, J Brand, J. Crew, lace jeans, lucky brand jeans sale, nyfw, Steven Alan
Just because the warm weather has officially left us doesn’t mean you have to dress as dreary as it is outside. This outfit shows you a great way to incorporate bright colors into your winter wardrobe–think your favorite summer outfit but with some additions. By throwing on some sheer tights and a knit beanie, you’ve got the layers you need to stay comfortable, but still looking good. We love how this fashion blogger from Scotland keeps the rest of her outfit simple with her beige clutch and black ankle booties so her royal blue top is not overpowered, but allowed to really stand out. See our picks for how to get the look below.
1. Mini For Many Colourblock Blouse With Pocket ($99.99) — get it at ASOS.
2. Superdry Pom Pom Beanie ($15.62) — get it at BANK Fashion.
3. MiH Jeans Miami Rigid-Denim Cut-Off Shorts ($108.50) — get it at Net-A-Porter.
4. American Apparel Large Leather Carry-All Pouch ($68) — get it at American Apparel.
5. Free People Sheer Tights ($18) — get it at Free People.
6. J.Crew Emmett Ankle Booties ($238) — get it at J.Crew.
Images via Cats and Rocking Chairs.
Tags: American Apparel, black ankle booties, cut-off denim shorts, fashion blogger, free people, J. Crew, MiH Jeans, Mini For Many, Net-A-Porter, Scotland, sheer tights, Superdry
When looking for great, easy fashion, you don’t have to go any farther than Brooklyn. That’s why we’ve rounded up these options for you to steal this Brooklyn flea market shopper’s style to make it your own. This laid-back weekend look is all you need to for those brisk fall days, when a real jacket is still not needed but warmth is. We mean really–how absolutely cozy does that sweater look? The combination of it with the bright red fringe scarf and distressed skinny jeans create the perfect balance of comfort and fun. We also love how the oversized sweater compliments her fitted jeans and tall black boots. Topping it all off with the chic floppy sun hat is the perfect accessory to not overwhelm the outfit, but rather make it completely put together.
1. J. Crew Fisherman Cable-Knit Sweater ($98) — get it at Net-A-Porter.
2. Modcloth A Crinkle In Time Scarf ($16) — get it at ModCloth.
3. New York & Company Felt Floppy Hat ($15) — get it at New York & Company.
4. 7 For All Mankind Roxanne Jeans ($230) — get them at Repertoire.
5. Boutique 9 Floyd Tall Boots ($240) — get them at Macy’s.
Image via Mr. Newton.
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, Boutique 9, brooklyn, brooklyn flea market, cable knit sweater, distressed denim, floppy hat, J. Crew, Macy's, New York & Company, oversized sweater, red scarf, skinny jeans, tall black boots
Rihanna hit the street recently in one of the cutest outfits we’ve seen in the denim blog-osphere in weeks—a bright yellow button-up top and some vintage Levis (light wash, semi-destroyed). It’s great for the humid weather that’s still hanging around despite fall’s progression (we’re not complaining), and we imagine both coasts will have no problem rocking it right now. We’ve broken it down into product below so you can get the look yourself.
1. J.CREW Perfect gingham cotton shirt ($72) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
2. H&M denim cut-off shorts ($23) – buy them at H&M.
3. Prada ‘Baroque’ Round Sunglasses ($290) – buy them at Nordstrom.
4. Rock & Republic Women’s Veronica Wedge Sandal ($178.75) – buy them at Endless.
See Rihanna’s outfit below…
Image via Denimology.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: brown sandals, celeb style, destroyed denim, destroyed shorts, J. Crew, prada sunglasses, rihanna, vintage Levi's, yellow shirt