Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Intermix posted up a sneak peek at rag & bone for Spring/Summer 2012 on their facebook. Lots of bright colors!
2. Watch this rad video coined “For The Love Of Denim”, starring Donwan Harrell (designer/founder of PRPS), as he talks about what makes the denim industry unique, and what he loves about designing.
3. Rihanna was recently photographed wearing a neon denim jacket from J Brand x Christopher Kane collection… as a beach wrap! We like this idea.
4. Ernest Alexander is having a great sale on denim workshirts for men right now (and there’s nothing stopping the ladies from grabbing one too). You’ll get $33 off each shirt purchase (no limit) when you use the code BUTTONDOWN at checkout.
5. There’s a denim editorial from Vogue China February 2012 that caught our eye recently—we’re not really into the styling on the whole, but there is one denim skirt in there that has us dying for some floor-length light-wash action.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: colored denim, Donwan Harrell, j brand x christopher kane, neon denim, PRPS, rag & bone for Spring/Summer 2012, rihanna, vogue china
Wearing neons in the winter? It’s not only reserved for new age renditions of The Nutcracker. If you’re partial to the electric hues of the J Brand x Christopher Kane denim collection, for example, you can easily blend the intense color into your cold-weather wardrobe. Below, three ideas on how to wear neons this winter.
1. Christopher Kane x J Brand Neon stretch-denim jacket ($520) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
2. JILSY long sleeve wide-neck knit dress in oatmeal ($265) – buy it at Reiss Online.
3. Proenza Schouler Lace Up Ankle Boots ($765) – buy it at MyTheresa.
4. Joe’s Jeans Chelsea Jean ($158) – buy it at Far Fetch.
1. Christopher Kane x J Brand Neon stretch-denim shorts ($305) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
2. WM Shoes Lug II Shearlin Boots ($37 on sale) – buy it at Tobi.
3. Pink ombre jumper ($35 on sale) – buy it at Dorothy Perkins.
4. Henrik Vibskov Nordic Stocking ($70) – buy it at Far Fetch.
1. Christopher Kane x J Brand mid-rise flare jeans ($365) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
2. Topshop Cream twist fringe scarf ($32) – buy it at Topshop.
3. Smythe Box Pleat Blazer ($695) – buy it at Les Pommettes.
4. Grey Stella Ankle boots ($170) – buy it at Debehams.
5. Madewell ex-boyfriend sweater ($35 on sale) – buy it at Madewell.
Have questions about winter styling? We’re here for you! Let us know on facebook and we’ll have the answer to your wardrobe crisis in a snap.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: colored denim, denim jacket, how to wear, j brand x christopher kane, neon, neon denim, styling tips, what to wear