Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. INDi Custom is running a Valentine’s day sweepstakes on facebook, where they’ll be handing out 100 gift cards valued between $25 and $100. Winners announced on V-day!
2. Sooo, we get it. Sex sells. But what do the jeans even look like in the new Replay Denim campaign? Irina Shayk is doing her sultry thing but there isn’t a single image in the campaign where you see a full length shot of the jeans.
3. Slooooowly but surely, more images of the Rihanna x Armani Jeans campaign surface.
4. Exciting news in the denim accessory world: The Earnest Sewn Co. and accessories company Tumi are teaming up to create a waxed-cotton and selvage denim bag that will launch in April. Mark your calendars.
5. Kate Bosworth is working on a denim collection with her stylist, Cher Coulter. We guess she’s inspired by JewelMint‘s success, but we wonder if we can expect anything but a spandex-blend colored denim rehash of every popular women’s jean right now. Surprise us, Kate!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: armani jeans campaign, celebrity denim, custom jeans, denim bag, denim contest, earnest sewn co, indi custom, irina shayk, kate bosworth denim line, rihanna, wax coated denim
Irina Shayk, better known as the hot girlfriend of mega soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo) was photographed to her dismay, wearing Blackout Denimocracy Anarchy Jeggings. She was shopping at the Christian Louboutin boutique and Yoya Mart in the Meatpacking district of New York City. She was trying to hide out under her black hooded jacket with red lining from the paparazzi, but they still managed to catch the beauty. We love her contrast camel-color boots, but we worry she might start kicking cameras with them if she is harassed on a bad day in the future. Such is fame!
Tags: Chanel, Christian Louboutin, cristiano ronaldo, denimocracy denim, irina shayk, jeggings, meatpacking, new york city