J Brand CEO, Jeff Rudes has a thing or two to say about what every gal needs in her denim inventory this fall.
“Which jeans should every woman have in her closet? She should have 3 skinnies, 1 flare, a few colors, always a corduroy and 1-2 fashion styles – who’s counting!”
This style tidbit is brought to you by the Intermix Blog.
Tags: colored denim, denim style, denim tip, fall denim trends, fall fashion, fall fashion tips, Intermix, J Brand, Jeff Rudes, style tips
In this edition of Denim Therapy‘s Window Shopper, we take you on a denim smorgasbord on Los Angeles’ Robertson Boulevard, where celebrities, trend-conscious shoppers and hungry paparazzi frequent. Why Robertson? Have you seen the stores on that street? Besides playing host to Lisa Kline and three Kitson boutiques, you can shop at several premium denim brands within one city block without having to stop off at the nearest Starbucks. Denim-driven brands like AllSaints, Paige, 7 For All Mankind, Gap 1969 and True Religion can literally be found within one block. This does not include Intermix, Kitson and Madison, boutiques which carry a fantastic array of designer jeans for men and women in stock all within walking distance. And we say, walking distance in L.A. terms.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, AllSaints, Beverly Hills stores, Gap 1969, Intermix, jeans for men, jeans for women, Kitson, Madison, Paige, Shops on Robertson, window shopper
News, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. What’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include? Email us!
1. Heads up New York! Barneys is having a warehouse sale, and if you think that equates to scoring some great denim for cheap, you’re right. Up to 75% off, to be exact.
2. …but you’d rather have jeans for free, right? You’re in luck! PYLO is giving away two pairs of jeans right now, so head over and fill out that form. Good luck!
3. INTERMIX has a gorgeous new spring lookbook for perusal full of the trends you’ll be seeing as the weather warms up. They dish out some serious ’70s inspiration with a wide leg flare denim trouser by Mother ($225). Check out our exclusive interview with Mother if you haven’t already!
4. Speaking of INTERMIX, if you’re out in LA you can head to a shopping/styling event they are throwing this month with designer David Neville of RAG & BONE. Details: March 15th, 2011- 3pm; 110 Robertson Blvd. Los Angeles, CA @INTERMIX store.
5. Shopbop‘s newest campaign, “Shopbop Feels Good”, features several sexy shots of girls feeling good in denim. We feel especially enamoured with the opening image—those big ’70s waves are bangin’!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 75% off, Barneys Warehouse Sale, cheap denim, clearance denim, denim sale, Intermix, mother denim, rag & bone, shopbop campaign, shopbop feels good, shopping event
If you love Acne jeans as much as we do, you’ll be just as thrilled by this denim news flash—Intermix (our closet-away-from-closet) now carries Acne denim. Acne, founded in Stockholm in 1996, are pioneers in recognizing the undeveloped opportunities within the denim industry, utilizing this concept to create 100 different styles of unisex jeans. The red top-stitched jeans are is easily some of the most sought-after in brands among consumers and retailers alike. Acne isn’t the cheapest brand out there, but the product lives up to the price tag. Visit Intermix Online to find a store location near you.
Tags: Acne Jeans, Intermix
Kate loves Siwy Denim just as much as we do, and there’s no question as to why. Without a doubt a great choice, these Siwy Hannah Outlaw jeans seen here on Kate while in London promoting her new fragrance, Vintage Muse, are the perfect go-to pair for any occasion. Paired excellently with Kate’s textured blazer, t-shirt, and platform booties, these Siwys are a prime choice for the perfect sleek, chic, hip, and sophisticated black-on-black outfit.
Inspired? Want Kate’s look? Start with the denim! You can find Siwy Denim at an Intermix or Nordstrom near you, or online at ASOS, Singer 22, or Shop Bop.
Tags: ASOS, Intermix, Kate Moss, Nordstrom, Shop Bop, Singer 22, Siwy Denim, Siwy Hannah Jeans, sleek & chic outfitting