Photos by Raffael Flores-Contreras.
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Take a close-up look at Kapital Clothing, asap.
“Detailing in the form of traditional Japanese Boro and tattoo inspired embroidery, silver concho buttons on heavyweight knitwear, incredible raw denim and patchwork faded indigo, a shawl collared coat that nearly brought on the vapors.”
2. We’re in love with this new denim jacket by Rag & Bone, bringing back the denim x leather combo we were all over a few seasons ago. This is a great staple for fall.
3. Dig into the political aspect of indigo dye in this film on its history by Mary Lance.
4. Just in case you missed our announcement yesterday, the new G-Star store in Toronto opens tonight!
5. Don’t be the 40-year-old-dude wearing Bape. Gavin McInnes wants to show you how to dress your age.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim and leather, denim workshirt, G-Star Raw, how to dress your age, indigo denim, indigo dye, kapital clothing, mens style guide, patchwork denim, rag & bone, what to wear
Allure magazine shares four tips for wearing denim in the office (or any formal situation) so you can perfect your indigo look.
1. Distinguish between weekend and work denim. Dark denim rinses are better for office.
2. Avoid stone washed, acid washed, or whiskered, and no low rise; the less flash, the better.
3. When wearing denim on denim, a fitted blazer compliments relaxed trousers or pair a voluminous jacket with skinny jeans.
4. Make sure your denim matches. Try indigo so that you can’t go wrong ; denim can be worn as a trench coat, blazer, top, boots etc.
Tags: allure magazine, dark wash denim, denim styling tips, how to wear denim, indigo denim, wear denim to the office, wear denim to work