You know the scenario… it’s mid-spring, you’re psyched for your first day in weather-appropriate spring attire, and you knock your latte over right in the lap of your new white jeans. Sound familiar? We know, we’re cringing too. That scenario is enough to make you swear off wearing white forever! But Joe’s Jeans has a solution: a stain-proof white denim collection dubbed Spotless. The collection tagline urges customers to “play dirty” but “stay spotless”. Elle did a good job getting us psyched, but we’re waiting for the video of models wearing the white skinnies, cut-off shorts and cropped pants, dousing themselves in coffee, soda, and wine.
The “no white after labor day” rule is definitely one fashion commandment we don’t give much thought to. After all, the most stylish among us can rock white pants right on into fall, winter, and back around to spring. So we’re thrilled Rag & Bone has such a sleek line of white jeans, available right now—some at a discount—for us to pair with the oversize sweaters, denim jackets, and cozy autumnal tops we’ve been pulling out of storage in preparation for impending fall. Join us, won’t you?
1. Rag & Bone JEAN Skinny Jeans in White Water 2. Rag & Bone JEAN Bowery 2 Jeans 3. Rag & Bone JEAN Rally Cargo Skinny Jeans
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: buy jeans online, denim shopping, how to wear white, rag & bone jeans, skinny jeans, white after labor day, white jeans, white pants
White-jeans-wearing-season has almost officially arrived, but what about putting a twist on this classic style? Hudson Jeans is releasing a line of white cut-off shorts and white skinny jeans dip-dyed in hues of cyan, magenta, and other tempting pastels. If you were looking for a way to add some interest to your spring look, this is it.
These jeans are available now at the Hudson Jeans e-shop.
Tags: colored denim, dip dye, how to wear white, how to wear white jeans, Hudson Jeans, ombre, pastel jeans, pink jeans, white denim
Knowing how to wear white in the winter presents some styling challenges when you subscribe to “no white after labor day”. Let that myth go and you’ll open a myriad of chances to rock our favorite non-color in the chilly months too. Get your ice queen on below with these three chic outfits.
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs skinny jeans ($228) – buy it at Shopbop.
2. Wildfox Couture Stag Baggy Beach Jumper in Dirty White ($123) – buy it at Shop The Trend.
3. By Malene Birger Nasitta chunky-knit wool scarf ($225) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
4. Betsey Johnson Lleela Combat Boot ($170) – buy it at Betsey Johnson.
5. House of Harlow 1960 14KT Gold Large Feather Row Cuff ($110) – buy it at Shop The Trend.
1. Joe’s Jeans The Skinny Colored jean ($160) – buy it at Far Fetch.
2. ACNE Jade crop cable knit ($363) – buy it at My Wardrobe.
3. Kelsi Dagger Abrielle – Yellow Suede ($130) – buy it at Heels.com.
4. Dries Van Noten Bracelet Set ($345) – buy it at My Theresa.
5. D&G Sheer Lace Top ($145) – buy it at The Outnet.
1. J Brand Denim 912 low-rise skinny jeans ($66) – buy it at The Outnet.
2. Silver Foil Printed Jumper ($64) – buy it at Miss Selfridge.
3. Giuseppe Zanotti Amber Wedge Boots ($525) – buy it at Ssense.
4. Yochi Design Statement Earring In Hematite/Gold ($60) – buy it at Otte.
5. OPI Urban Ballerina collection in “Leotard Optional” ($9.50) – buy it at Sephora.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: how to wear white, what to wear, white denim, white jeans, winter fashion, winter style
“Contrary to popular belief, white denim can be worn year-round, as long as its styled appropriately. When purchasing white denim, you want to be sure the fabric is not too lightweight making it see-through, but also not too heavy as that causes bunching in all the wrong places. A 9oz. white denim is ideal for anytime. Make sure pockets detailing and stitching are minimal as to not draw attention to the bum or hips/thighs. A crisp white wide leg is ideal for summer, paired with espadrilles or wooden wedges and bold colors on top! Take this opportunity to play around with your accessories, a great turquoise necklace, chunky gold bangles, etc.
In the winter I find that a classic straight leg or skinny fit are ideal for pairing with ankle boots and tucking into knee high boots. Keep the color palette in the neutral family during the winter months, and mix-in luxe fabrications such as cashmere to create a warm, sophisticated look. MiH Jeans carries two of my favorite white denim styles.”
1. Mih Jeans “The Marrakesh” mid-rise kick flare jeans ($189) – get it at Mih Jeans.
2. Mih Jeans “The Oslo” mid-rise long slim leg ($185) – get it at Mih Jeans.
—Marisa Grimshaw, Senior Account Manager, Bollare Communications.
Marisa has worked with some of the best names in the business including Blank, Citizens of Humanity, David Kahn & Seven for all Mankind. As Bollare’s resident denim guru, Marisa has her pulse with the top designers, editors and stylists about the latest and greatest in the world of denim.
Stay tuned for more tips from Marisa!
P.S. For more ideas, check out our white denim roundup!
Tags: denim styling tip, how to wear white, labor day weekend, Marisa Grimshaw, wear white year round, white denim, white jeans