We’re huge fans of unisex styling, as well as the come-and-go trend that always feels relevant, denim on denim. In this video by Refinery29, Hannah Hart of web series My Drunk Kitchen and Deryck Todd, creator of Bowie Ball break down how to style your double denim looks in ways that work for both the ladies and the gents, interchangeably. See it here.
Need a few tips on how to style your jeans this fall? How about 18? The Fashion Spot has a crash course on styling your jeans, demonstrated by some of our favorite style icons (think Miranda Kerr and Taylor Swift). Some tips are tried-and-true (and you may already know ‘em), but there are bound to be a few fresh ideas in the mix! An alternative to cuffing? What to wear with bell bottoms? Check out all of the tips, here: 18 Jean Styling Tips You Need Now
Images via The Fashion Spot
Tags: denim style, fall denim style, how to cuff your jeans, how to wear denim, how to wear distressed jeans, how to wear jeans, how to wear ripped jeans, how to wear skinny jeans
Vogue, pioneer of fashion trends and fresh perspectives, has a great denim feature on their web edition that shows some new, fresh ways to pair denim this spring. Forget about your classic combos, and get ready for painted treatments, layering, pencil skirts and new silhouettes. A quick browse through this shoot and you’ll be rethinking your own ensembles, guaranteed. Shredded and patchwork? It’s in. Extreme wide leg? You bet. The days of boring jeans are over. But don’t take our word for it! See for yourself.
Tags: Chambray Shirt, denim shirt, denim workshirt, destroyed denim, how to wear denim, how to wear jeans, Spring Denim, spring denim trends, vogue magazine, wide leg jeans
We’re a little bitter that we should be thinking about sandals and open-toe shoes at this point, and we’re writing about boots… but mother nature has her own plans. Thus, we’re bringing you a little tip on how to tuck your jeans into boots (especially the non-skinny kind), thank to She Knows.com. Check it out, and be sure to let us know what other denim perils you are facing this week.
“First, you’ll want to find a pair of boots that hit right below your knees or a bit higher. They should also be a little loose on your legs, in order to leave room for your pants to be tucked in.
As far as jeans go, opt for a pair that has some flare. Make sure they’re snug on your thighs and fitted at the knees though. Otherwise, they’ll get all bunched up and baggy when you try to tuck them in, which definitely isn’t a good look.
Last but not least, grab some thin, high socks (or trouser socks) to slide over your pants to hold that fold in place. You’ll see what we mean shortly — don’t fret!” (read the full instructions at She Knows.com)
Tags: denim tips, how to cuff your jeans, how to tuck in your jeans, How To Tuck Your Jeans Into Boots, how to wear denim, how to wear jeans, wearing jeans in the rain
Wearing denim to the office can be tricky. You don’t want to look too casual, or as if you forgot you had to work that day. While working in a fashion office can be a little more liberal, we know a lot of you ladies need some tips on how to rock your baby blues while still looking professional. Luckily, Refinery29 has a few tips and product picks you can score that will assure you stay on track. Click through and read up on how to wear denim to work.
Tags: boyfriend jeans, buy denim online, denim at the office, denim at work, how to look professional, how to wear denim, how to wear jeans at work, how to wear jeans to the office, office denim outfits, office outfits, professional style, Refinery29, skinny jeans, work outfits
Think New Year’s Eve is only for evening fabrics? Time to redefine “evening” with our guide to wearing denim on New Year’s Eve. With the right pairings, a bit of sparkle, and some adventurous style, you can nail these looks and be the center of attention at any soiree.
1. Motel Finch Dress With Denim Bustier and Lace Skirt 2. Jamie Jewelry Chain Collar 3. ALDO Loveless Glitter T-Bar Platform Heeled Shoes 4. Cocktail Filigree Ring Pack
1. Bobble Lace Crop Top 2. Jeffrey Campbell Torres Heel 3. Moto Black Acid Denim Skirt 4. Eagle Bead Collar
1. All Torn Up Boyfriend Jeans 2. Check Velvet Crop Top 3. Shellys London Ylana Gold Glitter Heeled Platform Shoes 4. Mega Tube And Cap Necklace
1. Pink Tropical Sweater by Unique 2. Jeffrey Campbell Adams Plated Sneaker 3. Embellished A Line Skirt 4. Jene DeSpain Dakota Crescent Necklace
1. Moto Dark Acid Tee Dress 2. Cara Stone Frontal Necklace 3. Kat Maconie Wilma Platform Sandal 4. Berry Lightly Fleeced Lined Tights
All the best for a stylish New Year!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: buy denim online, buy jeans online, glitter shoes, gold necklace, gold ring, how to wear denim, new years eve guide, new years eve outfit, party dress, party outfit, sequin dress, Style Guide, what to wear
Feel like your jeans are wearing you? Want to make your denim pop but aren’t sure how to style your jeans or denim separates with the stuff in your closet? Never fear! We have a few quick tricks to get your look whipped into shape in no time. Just follow the styling points of these three best-dressed celebs and people will be wondering if you’ve hired a stylist to help you get ready in the morning.
Check out our quick tips below, and let us know how you like them by posting pics and leaving feedback on our facebook page! We love hearing from you!
The stylish celeb: Whitney Port
The styling tips: Whitney Port rocks a pair of grey destroyed Current/Elliott jeans with a plain white tank and hair flying in the breeze. So what makes this outfit glam? Pop color flats! In this case, the grey jeans look fit for rockstar royalty with the simple inclusion of red ballerina flats. It’s so simple it hurts.
The stylish celeb: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
The styling tips: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wears a pair of medium-wash R13 jeans like it’s her job. She’s a stunning beauty already, but her look is all about the fur vest she paired with her top and jeans. This season, dramatic jewel toned fur is in—and you can find it at almost any major department store. Try it for a bit of socialite glam that will work everywhere from the Upper East Side to Soho!
The stylish celeb: Heidi Klum
The styling tips: She simply doesn’t age, so that’s a plus. But how does Heidi take her colored denim and turn it into a bonafide goddess uniform? She paired her Paige Premium Jeans in a neutral hue with a top of a similar hue. Monotone outfits with one overall color scheme (varied slightly from top to bottom) are one way of wearing colored denim effortlessly, and if you add a few metallic accessories to the mix, it’s a recipe for no-fail luxe. If you’re feeling bold, a contrast color shoe works well with this tip too.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: celebrity denim, celebrity style, celebrity stylist, celebs wearing denim, denim styling tips, how to wear denim, what to wear
Style blogger Britney Nason (a.k.a. Disarming Darling) shows us how to wear a faded denim shirt with her colorful “space dress.” Britney is a vintage clothing lover, so although her clothes are mostly new, she still manages to make everything look less commercial—like a very successful thrift shop expedition worn in her fun and effortless way. The look is a bit unexpected and an interesting departure from the usual double denim or color-block pairings we’ve seen on street style blogs. We love that the explosions of colors done up in this crab nebula-designed space dress don’t seem too… spacey.
Want to try Disarming Darling‘s unique vintage-boho chic look? Make it your own with some personal jewelry and your favorite Wayfarers. Note: she wore denim shorts underneath that dress and turned the dress into a tunic with a simple side knot. Don’t forget the tribal cross-body bag to complete the outfit!
GET THE LOOK…
1. 80′s ‘Monterey’ Modern Oversized Wayfarer sunglasses ($12) – buy it at 80′s Purple.
2. Romwe Classic Denim Shirt ($28.99) – buy it at Romwe.
3. Romwe Asymmetric Sweep Chiffon Sheer Shift Dress ($46.99) – buy it at Romwe.
4. ASOS Fantasy Leather Leopard Belt ($21.95) – buy it at ASOS.
5. Zara Biker Ankle Boot ($99.90) – buy it at Zara.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: denim shirt, disarming darling, how to style denim, how to wear denim, thrift shop finds, thrifting, vintage denim, vintage fashion
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Jordache jeans’ new commercial features 30 Rock‘s Katrina Bowden wearing the brand through the decades. Here’s one of example of a brand that has a right to draw on retro-appeal. They launched in the ’70s.
2. Lil Wayne wore a pair of $44 leopard print jeggings to the VMA’s. Yes, this is our favorite piece of “news” this week.
3. Robin Jeans’ “Long Way Home” trailor tempts with the carefree spirit of road trips and romance. The trailor preludes a series about a couple traveling the roads of America in really stylish jeans.
4. J Brand is releasing a new style exclusively for Fashion’s Night Out—it’s a coated “shocking pink” ultra skinny fit that looks like it’s designed to look good with your official FNO t-shirt.
5. Madewell has a few ideas for you on how to style your denim this fall. Ready to step outside your skinny jean comfort zone?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim blog, denim links, denim news, FNO, how to wear denim, J Brand, jordache commercial, lil wayne, Madewell
Allure magazine shares four tips for wearing denim in the office (or any formal situation) so you can perfect your indigo look.
1. Distinguish between weekend and work denim. Dark denim rinses are better for office.
2. Avoid stone washed, acid washed, or whiskered, and no low rise; the less flash, the better.
3. When wearing denim on denim, a fitted blazer compliments relaxed trousers or pair a voluminous jacket with skinny jeans.
4. Make sure your denim matches. Try indigo so that you can’t go wrong ; denim can be worn as a trench coat, blazer, top, boots etc.
Tags: allure magazine, dark wash denim, denim styling tips, how to wear denim, indigo denim, wear denim to the office, wear denim to work