Here’s a cool look behind the scenes at the Naked & Famous denim factory in Canada, via Capsule:
The Naked and Famous team have been part of the Capsule Show family for as long as we can remember. A family-run business itself, Naked & Famous denim is all made in Canada in a factory that’s been in the family for decades. “My family has been manufacturing workwear for over 60 years in Canada, and this factory is a testament to our commitment to keeping domestic production alive and thriving,” explains owner Brandon Svarc. “We have many old sturdy machines from the 1950s and 60s, all made from metal with no plastic parts. We even have a rare Union Special 43200G bulldog chain-stitching machine which is Made in USA but we had to track it down from a machine seller in the countryside in Japan!”
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Need mint green jeans right now? Check out 9 perfect pairs and pick one (or two) to call your own! Kim Kardashian did.
2. Check out this utilitarian Dover Street Market uniform, designed by Bleu de Paname.
“The jacket has a french workwear feel while the trousers are a lightweight denim number which go a little off course with the ribbed cuff at the ankle. Aside from that, a nice take on a shop floor uniform.”
3. Denim shirt over a wedding dress = coolest outfit ever.
4. If you’re curious about what the production process of raw denim really looks like, here’s a pretty rad video that’ll show you how it’s done. Check out that beautiful, steaming indigo.
5. Get the details on Joe’s Jeans new printed denim collection—more options for you when shopping skinnies in floral and animal print.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: celebrity denim, colored denim, denim factory, denim shirt, green skinny jeans, How jeans are made, Joe's Jeans, mint green jeans, pastel jeans, printed jeans, raw denim, wedding dress
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Guys, if you’re looking for a cool way to lug around your stuff this fall, try the Kero Denim Demon backpack, constructed from naturally tanned hide and 15.5 oz un-signed selvedge denim.
2. Check out this behind-the-scenes video of Michelle Siwy talking denim right at the factory where her own jeans are made.
3. Ever wonder how Wranglers are made, step-by-step? You have? Seriously? You’re in luck!
4. Go behind the scenes where Levi’s Concept Designer Jay Carroll dwells, get some decorating tips, and envy his pillow collection (among other things).
5. Designer Licia Florio’s spring 2012 collection features chambray separates with unexpected design lines, like a cross-over closure open back jump suit and jacket with cascading neckline. Our favorite piece is the abstract collar, constructed from many woven collars. Edgy!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim accessories, denim backpack, Denim Repair, How jeans are made, kero denim demon, levi's jay carroll, licia florio, Michelle Siwy, Siwy Denim, wrangler denim