Missed out on some of our holiday posts this week and last? No worries! We know you’re busy as heck with your list of festive to-do’s, so we’ve rounded up our favorite holiday posts in one big post. Browse our gift guides and what-to-wear posts with a few simple clicks. You’re welcome!
Denim Therapy and d.brand teamed up to throw a holiday cocktail party last week, showcasing d.brand’s spring 2012 line and the DT staff’s favorite picks (which were displayed amidst the mingling crowds of stylists, photographers, editors, and denim lovers alike). Guests browsed the racks fresh sportswear and denim for men and women, calling out colored skinnies and versatile knits as must-have’s for this coming season. The party also celebrated the launch of IDOLL Magazine‘s latest issue—a publication inspired by the modeling industry as seen from the inside. Check out our party pics below.
Full gallery below:
Photos by Raffael Flores-Contreras
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: cocktail party, d.brand, Denim Therapy, holiday party, idoll magazine, party pics, skinny jeans, spring 2012 collection
If you’ll be trimming the tree and then hitting the town for some ho-ho-holiday party action this year (maybe more than a few nights before the year is out), you’ll want to wear denim that accomplishes three things:
1. Catch eyes as they walk in the room.
2. Feel good while you’re cutting a rug.
3. Start conversations about “Omg-where-did-you-get-them”.
Here are nine pairs of jeans that win the “most likely to be caught on a dance floor” from a range of price points on the market right now. And remember, if you rip your jeans while you’re starting an aerobics-mosh-pit, we’re here for you.
1. SEVEN7 Metallic blue denim pants
2. Siwy Denim Hannah Cropped Glitter Skinny
3. Aphrodite Wax Coated Jeans
4. Hudson Jeans Nico Mid Rise Super Skinny
5. Mango Red Metallic Jeans
6. SINCLAIR Coe Coated Foil Legging
7. P.A.R.O.S.H Sequinned Detail Jean
8. BLEULAB Detour Reversible Skinny
9. Siwy Denim Hannah Cropped Sequin Skinny
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: bleulab reversible denim, colored denim, holiday party, Hudson Jeans, metallic denim, party outfit, sequin denim, shopping guide, Siwy Denim, skinny jeans, what to wear
Denim Therapy and d.brand are teaming up tonight to host a special holiday event! “A night of denim, cocktails, and conversation” promises fun demos (we’ll show you how to make cut-off shorts so you can do something for your summer wardrobe while you’re snowed in this wintetr), a showcase of DT’s picks from the d.brand spring line, and a warm-fuzzy-feeling induced by specialty drinks! Come by and say hello!
Wednesday, December 14th
6pm – 9PM
SPACE 530, 530 7th Ave
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by this evening.
Tags: cocktail party, d.brand, denim event, Denim Therapy, holiday party, swedish denim
This one goes out to the ladies who’ll be making holiday party runs from day to night without stopping home for a change (and maybe even continuing the following day… don’t deny that it’s happened to you)! We love the look of layering sparkly, sweet frocks with denim, and in the case of this outfit from the Thread Sense holiday lookbook, managing 48 hours of parties and work (and espresso runs) is a snap with a look that literally covers all bases.
Start with a striped knit top, neutral, in a luxe knit fabric. Tuck it into a shimmering sequin skirt (the scalloped edge keeps it playful and festive). Add a sheer layered woven top, and finally a cropped denim jacket. This light wash number fits the bill perfectly: the Wanderer Shearling Denim Jacket by Mink Pink ($101). Finally, finish off the look with camel colored ankle booties and a showpiece necklace.
1. Polka-dots = instant party, but if you’re just starting out in the layering game, you might want to try something solid for the sheer layered top.
2. Medium-to-high waist is a must for styling this skirt.
3. Because there’s so much going on here, keep the colors neutral (and let the blue denim & pop-color statement necklace do the talking).
4. Hair looks great tossed in soft curls or up in a bun (and you can change your hair as you layer & un-layer for different occasions.
5. When to wear what? The look sans-jacket is perfect for work. The full look is great for a holiday shopping run and meeting a friend for coffee in the late afternoon/early evening. The look sans jacket & sheer layered top is great for the cocktail party (especially if it’s sleeveless).
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: day to night, denim jacket, holiday party, how to wear, Mink Pink, sequin skirt, Shearling Jacket, thread sense, what to wear
Denim Therapy has been invited to a Bloomingdale’s & Vanity Fair Holiday Event to provide complimentary denim hemming and denim tips! Stop by and say hello.
Bloomingdale’s & Vanity Fair …invite you to celbrate the holidays on the newly renovated contemporary floor!
Thursday, December 8th
5:00PM – 8:00PM
Y.E.S. Contemporary Sportswear
59th Street on 2
Enjoy festive treats and jolly tunes while you shop.
☆ Joyous Happenings:
Complimentary denim hemming
25.00 Bloomingdale’s gift cards with any purchase*
Complimentary makeup touch-ups by Shiseido
R.S.V.P. to email@example.com by December 6th
*With any purchase of 200.00 or more on the Contemporary floor. One per customer, while supplies last.
Special Thanks to Shiseido.
Tags: Bloomingdale's, free denim hems, gift cards, holiday party, holiday shopping, monogramming, shopping event, vanity fair