So the holidays have come and gone, and you’re left with a bunch of quirky gifted items that don’t really fit into your wardrobe. While we all appreciate presents given from the heart, our loved ones don’t always know how to keep up with our on-trend fashion sensibilities! Luckily we whipped up a list of gifts you can buy for yourself, because we know you’ve been verrry good this year.
If you’ve got all the shopping done for the ladies in your life and you’re still struggling to find something awesome to give the men in your life, don’t stress. Check out our top picks for men’s gifts this holiday season below! It’s too late to get your goods in time for Christmas, but you can gift-exchange on New Year’s Eve if you order by December 27th and choose express shipping.
If you’re still hunting for the perfect holiday gift, you’re not alone. We admit we have a pretty epic list to get through yet as well. Luckily, while we’re doing our gift shopping, we’re book marking the best products on the market for you to toss in your digital cart too. You can click your way through the rest of that gift shopping list right here on the DT blog, in your robe, coffee in hand. That’s our gift to you! We’ll start with the ladies.
Did you ever think there’d be a place (that isn’t a department store) where you could find the perfect present for every person on your list? One look at Denim Therapy’s extensive catalog of services, and you’ll see that there’s no one you’ll be buying for this season who wouldn’t benefit from and love the gift of denim-perfecting.
Denim Therapy, your favorite denim repairer, is now offering a service that lets you take those jeans you love, and make them even more Yours. Introducing denim monogramming, the hot new way to personalize those pants you practically live in. Do it for yourself, your lover, or your best friend — it makes a great gift! Cheeky or romantic; funny or heart-felt — there’s no better way to mark your denim as Yours.
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
5. The hand-dyed indigo Chuck Taylor All Star converse shoe now comes in high-top, and they were just released a couple days ago. They’re sure to sell out as quickly as the low tops did. They’re available at Tenue de Nîmes.
“50 pairs of the shoes were dyed by the Manabe family from Okoyama – owners of Japanese denim label Momotaro and the Rampuya dyeing factory. The shoes, each of which is unique and hand-numbered, will be available November 26th at Tenue de Nimes.” (Highsnobiety)
There’s just under a month left to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list, but if your loved ones are as crazy about denim as you are, you need look no further! We know what you’re thinking—it’s hard enough to find the perfect fit of jeans for yourself, so how could you buy them for someone else? But we’re one step ahead, with a less time-consuming alternative. After all, jeans are only one element of the wonderful world of denim…
1.For the DIY divas in your life (or anyone who can’t afford to drop lots of cash every time something trendy and fabulous hits the denim market), try this book! It’s the gift that’ll keep on giving until they can’t hold their scissors anymore. 99 Ways to Cut, Sew & Deck Out Your Denim, by Justina Blakeney, Ellen Schultz, and Faith Blakeney ($17) – buy it at Amazon.
2. A good gift isn’t just aesthetically pleasing these days, as you probably know from perusing other gift guides full of tech gadgets and time management tools. But we’re sure your efficient gift recipient will love this stylish, functional belt. It comes equipped loops for holding anything from eyebrow pencils to screwdrivers. See by Chlo?Pocket-detail denim belt ($150) – buy it at The Outnet.
3. A sense of humor is crucial when you can only afford a $1.00 gift, but as long as you make people laugh, no one’s going to blame you! This charming little pin will look great on bags, coats, or guitar straps So hey, why not? Bean Forest “TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS” Pin ($1) – buy it at Bean Forest.
4.With the rise of Etsy.com and the DIY revolution, beautiful hand-made gifts are more accessible and affordable than ever. We found this classy shoulder bag and wish we could get one for everyone in the office! Hand-madeStrapped Shoulder Bag in black denim ($75) – buy it at Definition of Self.
5. For the biker babe or rocker dude on your list, something a bit more bad-ass to make their season bright. These fingerless gloves are half leather, half distressed denim, and it’ll ensure no one thinks twice about messing around at the crazy, intoxicated New Year’s Eve bash. Maison Fabre Denim/Leather Fingerless Mittens ($133) – buy it at Saks Fifth Avenue.
6. No, that price is not a typo, and this gift is truly reserved for the most gung-ho of denim fanatics… or anyone looking to be schooled thoroughly on the entire industry from A to Z. If they want to know it all, this is the closest thing to denim university. The Denim Bible Jeans Encyclopedia II, by Sportswear International ($1,546) – buy it at Amazon.
7. A cute, versatile denim hat to cap off a perfect winter outfit (and keep someone’s head warm). The neutral gray color allows for mixing with any outwear they already have, and the very nice price will keep you as jolly as a Christmas elf. Calvin Klein Martial Cap ($25) – buy it at Calvin Klein.
8. An accessory to wrap around the neck, tie up like a turban, or employ in apartment decor, this Diesel scarf has a vintage charm with contemporary edge. They come in several other colors and designs. DIESEL 2-KRAFS Scarf & Tie ($ 60) – buy it at DIESEL.
9. If you prefer to be remembered fondly during the post-holiday couch potato TV marathon your best friend annually partakes in, perhaps something more suited to lounging is in order. American Denim Square Denim Pillow ($24) – buy it at Specialty Linens.