I’ve already worn them to the beach, to run errands around my neighborhood in Brooklyn, for a few nightlife expeditions… basically everywhere/anywhere. I love the resort style of white denim and pairing them with different tops: neon tanks, a chambray shirt, etc. The only downside to these is that they’re white, and that means you can’t get away with wearing them day after day as you would with a medium wash.
They fit like a glove, with next to no stretch despite wearing them on long train rides and while busting a move. I seriously love these shorts.
Gals, spruce up your spring wardrobe with three fresh takes on denim classics this spring, from a wide-collar patchwork denim jacket to a pair of printed high-waisted overall shorts. Feeling flirty? Grab a pair of scalloped edge medium-wash jean shorts and pair them with a simple white top. All of these items can be paired with basics you already have in your closet to achieve the perfect spring ensemble.
Below: Boys Don’t Cry Denim Jacket / Scalloped Denim Shorts / So Demanding Overalls
Which is your favorite?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim jacket, Denim Overalls, denim shorts, high rise jeans, high rise shorts, high-waisted jeans, high-waisted shorts, printed denim, scalloped shorts, spring denim trends
Raleigh Denim is the hot topic of conversation in the denim industry, fresh off the launch of their first downtown NYC denim boutique and a gorgeous spring 2013 presentation. While the buzz of having an in-house ferris wheel and insane interior architecture is keeping them on the tongues of every denim-lover in town, there’s also a matter of amazing new styles we can’t wait to get our hands on. A spectrum of dark-wash high waisted jeans and jean shorts for women are imminent. Some styles are softer and more romantic, while others are as crisp as can be.
Stay tuned for photos from the Raleigh Denim NYC store opening party & more from their SS13 line.
Model photos by Tim Lytvinenko. Showroom photos by Michelle Christina Larsen.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: high-rise, high-rise denim, high-waisted jeans, high-waisted shorts, Raleigh Denim, raw denim
Yes, we’re obsessed with Nasty Gal. Now hush up and look at this irresistible spectrum of destroyed-to-perfection denim cut-off shorts that are calling your name for a summer run. Style them with a loose rocker t-shirt, a prim and proper button-up, or a blazer for a great summer look that’ll keep you cool and hot at the saaame time. All of these picks are under $100, so you won’t feel guilty after you make them your own.
1. Nasty Gal x Mink Pink Cut-Offs 2. Bonitas Cut-Off Shorts 3. Slasher Flick Cut-Off Shorts
4. Slasher Flick Cut-Off Shorts (Wine) 5. Indian Summer Cut-Off Shorts 6. Blooming Cut-Off Shorts
Shorter is better!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: cut off shorts, destroyed denim, high-waisted denim, high-waisted shorts, nasty gal, summer denim
The only thing more exciting than going to a huge music festival? Browsing hundreds of festival style pics after the show wraps up! Okay, we digress. There’s something about the open air, pool parties, live music, and a bunch of friends dressed up in festival fan fare that you just can’t beat. But if you didn’t go to Coachella 2012, this is the next best thing. Check out some of the denim street style we loved from around the web.
See the denim style looks below:
Street style from Refinery29, Harper’s Bazaar, Fashionologie, and Fashion Indie.
Tags: coachella, cut off shorts, denim style, festival fashion, festival style, high-waisted shorts, sexy jeans
Hot pants fill a pretty specific niche in your wardrobe: the smallest, sexiest denim item you can wear out in public without something layered over it. We love Topshop’s pink denim Moto hotpants, and their latest styling feature provides 5 ways to wear these babies in case you’re debating whether you can rock them this summer (hint: you can).
Check out the full styling guide here, and shop our 9 favorite pairs of Moto hotpants below.
1. Moto high-waisted denim hotpants in purple
2. Moto hotpants in neon peach
3. Moto petit hotpants in washed out cerulean
4. Moto high-waisted denim hotpants in blush stripe
5. Moto high-waisted denim hotpants in flamingo tie-dye
6. Moto hotpants in neon mint green
7. Moto high-waisted denim hotpants in peach acid wash
8. Moto mid-rise denim hotpants in floral
9. Moto high-waisted denim hotpants in grape acid wash
—Michelle Christina larsen
Tags: acid wash shorts, denim shorts, high-waisted jeans, high-waisted shorts, hotpants, how to wear, neon pink shorts, pastel denim, spring denim trends, Topshop, where to buy
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. R29 re-posted (from Style Like U) a perfect summer outfit on heiress Hannah Bronfman in a pair of high-waisted cut-off jean shorts. If you’re not aware of this pro-active, multi-tasking It-girl, read up on her asap.
2. A (not really that) quick look at the history of denim and how it became a staple in virtually everyone’s wardrobe.
3. There are two reasons why G-Star Raw’s Bread & Butter dance/performance runway show is awesome. First, it’s wildly creative. Second, it proves that you can (more than) live your life freely in these clothes.
4. United Stock Dry Goods has a spring 2012 lookbook that embodies a whimsical (but still dude-approved) kind of summer freedom. See a model prance through a field in the handsome clothing, and check out the opening photo. THAT is how crotch blow-outs happen!
5. Need jeans? Want them to be awesome? You’re in luck. We’re giving away two pairs of Meltin’Pot jeans this week—one for the gents, one for the ladies—and all you have to do is a little social media follow and a comment on our blog post. Zing!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: cut-off denim shorts, denim giveaway, free denim, G-Star Raw Bread & Butter, Hannah Bronfman, high-waisted shorts, history of denim, meltin'pot jeans, spring 2012 lookbook, united dry stock goods
We love fall, but that doesn’t mean we don’t still dream about summer! Vice Style‘s “Get Over It” editorial reminds us of that lazy period when the leaves are changing, but the air’s still warm and all the schoolkids are restless with the return to academia. Stylist Mischa Notcutt shows us how to channel that effortless nonchalance in high-waisted denim shorts paired with slouchy tees and denim vests whimsically thrown over tomboyish threads. Check out all the looks below—you can’t go wrong.
Images via We Are Selecters
Tags: denim shorts, denim vests, hayley louisa brown, high-waisted shorts, mischa notcutt, vice style, vice style editorial
Combining trends can be tricky, but this London blogger risks it all and comes out (dare we say it) winning! We’re talking high waists and denim workshirts meeting in the middle. Literally. By throwing on a Zara denim work shirt, a a pair of Acne Jeans high-waisted shorts, and a chic Acne Jeans long strap shoulder bag, this two-tone outfit is simply timeless. The understated silhouette and color combo mean there’s plenty of room to experiment further with accessories and shoes. Looks like merging two hot trends aint so hard after all!
Images via lookbook.nu.
Tags: #winning, Acne Jeans, denim shirt, high-waisted shorts, London, London blog, multiple trends, old trends, shoulder bag, Street Style, style blogger, Zara, Zara denim shirt
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Madewell selected their editors’ favorite blue’s & denim pieces from their line, including chambray sneakers & chambray overalls.
2. Don’t look now, but Rumer Willis needs to find high-waisted denim that’s a size larger than this. While she’s by no means overweight, this post proves that the cut and fit of a pair of high waisted shorts can make the difference between looking classy or trashy.
3. Paige Premium and Lorna collab jeans are now available. This is a collaboration between Paige & the editor of Denim Blog. Skyline and Lou Lou are the released styles (and we like the Lou Lou).
4. Denim Hunt gets a sneak preview of the Theyskens’ Theory Resort 2011 collection (and when there’s yellow acid-wash denim involved, we get a little excited).
5. Eat, Sleep, Denim has a step-by-step guide to finding your size in premium denim (hint: it starts with a measuring tape and a big of awareness).
Tags: Chambray Shirt, chambray shoes, finding your denim size, finding your jean size, high-waisted shorts, Madewell, Paige Premium, Rumer Willis, Theyskens' Theory Resort 2011