When it comes to fashion icons for women, Audrey Hepburn is the penultimate clean, classic style inspiration–and we’ll still look to her for notes on how to pick our denim. We can totally imagine her wearing this collection of slim black pants, graphic printed jean trousers, high-waist shorts, and classic blue jeans. Add a preppy collared shirt, flats, a perfectly arched eyebrow, and you’ll get this look down pat.
Check out our round-up of jeans for a modern-day Audrey below!
1. Nudie Jeans Indigo Tube Kelly Jeans ($180) — buy it at SSENSE
2. Gucci Ankle Length Jean ($559) — buy it at farfetch
3. Burberry Aberfell Black Cropped Jeans ($195) — buy it at Burberry
4. A.P.C. Raw Petit Standard Jean ($175) — buy it at La Garconne
5. ASOS Super Soft Black Overdye Skinny Jeans #4 ($53.72) — buy it at ASOS
6. Topshop Moto High Waist Stripe Shorts ($64) — buy it at Topshop
7. Gianni Versace Vintage Printed Jean ($360) — buy it at farfetch
8. Chloé High-rise wide-leg denim pants ($179.20) — buy it at Net-A-Porter
Tags: Audrey Hepburn, black jeans, classic jeans, high waist shorts, printed jeans, wide leg jeans
For Spring 2012, Court Jeans wants us to wear short denim shorts and be embraced by high waisted jeans. You may have seen the trend on cropped tops, so the high waisted jeans will be a great complement to your street style look. We are loving this extension to the 70s trend, because of the Daisy Dukes and Farah Fawcett appeal. We’re also loving the nostalgic touches throughout the collection: the star print shorts (very Wonder Woman TV serise) and the Joanie shorts (a nod to the ”Joanie Love Chachi” TV series?); and the vintage washed high waist bell bottoms.
Denim shorts lookbook images
and high waisted jeans lookbook images
. View more jeans at Court Shop online
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: 70s jeans, bell bottoms, Court Jeans, Court Jeans Spring-Summer 2012, daisy dukes, denim shorts, graphic jeans, high waist jeans, high waist shorts, jeans shorts, over-dyed jean, star jeans, star print jeans, vintage jeans