Halloween is approaching, the leaves are changing, and let’s face it, it’s getting cold out! In case you didn’t know, jean jackets are the ultimate essential item for this season for both women and men. They are lightweight enough to not have you traveling in a sweat and are such an easy piece to layer with. Why we really love them though is because no matter what kind of look you personally like to go for, denim is the one thing that always remains stylish and functional! Check out some of our favorites below!
1. Balman Safety-Pin Detail Denim Jacket ($1,650) – buy it at The Outnet.
2. Wrangler Vintage Africa Kuba Cloth Jacket ($298) – buy it at Free People.
3. Helmut-Lang Asymmetrical Stretch-Denim Jacket ($232.50) – buy it at The Outnet.
4. Prps Denim Jacket ($295) – buy it at The Outnet.
5. Washborn Dude Ranch Denim Jacket ($88) – buy it at Nasty Gal.
6. G-Star Raw Dazzle Organic Parka ($300) – buy it at G-Star Raw.
7. GUESS Denim Trench ($120) – buy it at Guess.
8. GUESS Abigail V Neck Long Sleeve Pocket Denim Blazer($118) – buy it at Macy’s.
Tags: Balmain, chambray jacket, denim blazer, fall fashion, free people, G-Star Raw, Guess, Helmut Lang, jean jackets, PRPS, stretch denim, vintage jean jacket, Washborn, Wrangler
We’ll be honest, we wear denim cut-off’s all year round. With a cute pair of tights and some fresh kicks, you have no excuse to push your jean shorts into a “summer” box and stuff them under your bed. But it’s true that there’s a certain magic that comes with the season of Daisy Duke‘s, and while there are still a few humid, sunny days left in the August-to-September transition, it’s a good idea to get the most out of them. We’ve put together three outfits we adore for some summer denim inspiration. Go forth, and wear denim shorts!
Check out these three denim-shorts-loving looks below…
Look 1: Bohemian Babe
1. Zadig & Voltaire Cream Drama racer tank ($105) – buy it at My Wardrobe.
2. Willow under-wired corset ($495) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
3. Siwy Alexa cut-off shorts ($195) – buy them at American Rag.
4. Kate Spade ‘Cut To The Chase’ bib necklace ($148) – buy it at Kate Spade.
5. Mia Limited Edition Spartan Sandal ($119.95) – buy them at DSW.
Look 2: Cafe Crawler
1. Helmut Lang cotton-blend chambray shorts ($110 on sale) – buy them at The Outnet.
2. Karen Walker Eyewear ‘Patsy’ sunglasses ($180) – buy them at La Garconne.
3. Coral pearl embellished crop top ($69) – buy it at Miss Selfridge.
4. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Mariel’ wedge sandal ($110) – buy them at Nordstrom.
5. CC Skye ‘Natalie’ bracelet in neon pink & yellow ($105) – buy it at Stefani Bags.
Look 3: Festival-Chic
1. Sam & Lavi pink ‘Kelsie’ tank ($55) – buy it at Les Pomettes.
2. Ksubi ‘Alberceque’ cut-off shorts ($169) – buy them at American Rag.
3. G by GUESS ‘Bloom’ lace bandeau top ($13) – buy it at Guess.
4. Gold cross double ring ($11) – buy it at Dorothy Perkins.
5. Diesel ‘Exposure’ High-top denim sneakers ($140) – buy them at Ssense.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim cut off shorts, Diesel, G by Guess, Helmut Lang, Jean Shorts, jeffrey campbell, Karen Walker, Kate Spade, Ksubi, short shorts, Siwy Denim, summer denim, vintage denim
Reality starlet Kristin Cavallari looked summer-chic-to-a-T as she arrived for lunch at the posh eatery, The Farm. She was wearing a loose gray Helmut Lang looped silk asymmetric sweater top, J Brand Ankle Skinny white jeans and a pair of white platform sandals. It’s a good thing she’s getting all her denim-wearing in done in public these days, since she’s rumored to have signed on to appear as a contender in Dancing With The Stars (that means dresses only). But jokes aside, this look is so cute. We love the easy-to-wear palette and how it softens her whole appearance, from top and bottom to bag and shoes.
Tags: ankle jeans, dancing with the stars, Helmut Lang, J Brand Jeans, Kristin Cavallari, skinny jeans, the farm, the hills, white jeans
Former “Hills” star Kristin Cavallari, who is currently set to wed Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, was snapped leavingC afe Med after shopping at Lanvin wearing a Helmut Lang Looped V Neck Sweater and J Brand 22″ Martini Flare white jeans. White jeans are a sure fire way of inspiring nice weather (or at least the vibe that comes with dressing for summer) but in this case it could be a preemptive measure towards “Here comes the bride, all dressed in white”! We love a weddin’, after all! And this girl is glowing like bliss itself.
Tags: cafe med, chicago bears, engaged to jay cutlet, Helmut Lang, J Brand Jeans, Kristin Cavallari, kristin cavallari in jbrand jeans, martini flare, summer trend, the hills, white jeans
Jay Z and Beyonce Knowles took a trip to France recently. Set to release her new album “4“, B will head to the UK afterwards as the headliner of the annual Glastonbury Festival. The couple caused a bit of airport chaos as you’d imagine. Beyonce was rocking J Brand Agnes jeans in Stealth, Helmut Lang Soft White Relic Blazer, Gianmarco Lorenzi Decollete Peep Toe Pumps, Super Sunglasses, and a Melissa Odabash Panama Hat. The black and white ensemble was dapper, but just like Nicole Richie’s all-black parade, it lacks the luster of summer. Still, her soft-tailored jacket and coated semi-shine jeans are an adorable match, and emit an almost vintage charm we can envision in an old film.
Tags: agnes in stealth, beyonce, beyonce headlining glastonbury festival, beyonce's new album 4, european tour, gianmarco lorenzi, Helmut Lang, J Brand Jeans, jay z, melissa odabash, sasha fierce, super sunglasses
Hilary Duff was chanelling her inner hippie-chic in West Hollywood, sporting a Helmut Lang Geometric Knit Tank, Ray-Ban Original Wayfarer Sunglasses, and 7 For All Mankind Bell Bottom Jeans. Her flares were long enough to cover her shoes without dragging (something we can take care of if you’re having that problem), but yet still managed to not drag on the floor. The light blue wash paired with the white top give the feeling of fresh, summer air. Just what the doctor ordered!
Tags: 7 for all mankind jeans, bell bottom jeans, Helmut Lang, Hilary Duff, hippie chic, Ray Ban, west hollywod
It was a family affair the other night at Boa Steakhouse where Hilary and Haylie Duff celebrated their mom’s Birthday. Hilary was papped wearing Helmut Lang Deep Cowl Racerback Top, Etro Hammered gold-plated cuff, Balenciaga Giant Work Bag in Olive, and Anlo Wide Leg Jeans. We love the thick cuff at the hem—perfect for pairing with mega heels. This ensemble is an easy transition from day to night if you switch out the heels for flats during the day.
Tags: anlo jeans, Balenciaga, boa steakhouse, day to night, Etro, haylie duff, Helmut Lang, hilar duff, wide leg jeans